Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: No stopping it now..

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    How is there not a reality show on FitTV about the first 30 days of they year and resolutioners coming to the gym. There stories, follow them home...would be so fricken hilarious.

I winder how many stop at McDonalds on the way home to replenish their carbs within the first 30 minutes?
    I think they call that their reward

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by king6 II View Post
    I think they call that their reward
    Except it's the abuse of McDonalds (and other foods) that got them fat in the first place. Those people make me sick. I've really got nothing but contempt for them. Their disgusting laziness and lack of will power doesn't just stop with their diet and training either. It expands in to other parts of their lives too.
    Java Man likes this.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Saw a new guy last night on the cable machine. Not entirely sure what he was doing. He was waving his arms around, struggling with the weight and it looked like a hybrid of a military press, triceps extensions, and flies. He was flapping those arms like a baby bird getting ready to take flight for the first time. Really no idea what he was actually trying to do there.....but.....he was all smiles and pleased with his effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Except it's the abuse of McDonalds (and other foods) that got them fat in the first place. Those people make me sick. I've really got nothing but contempt for them. Their disgusting laziness and lack of will power doesn't just stop with their diet and training either. It expands in to other parts of their lives too.
    This is true. I have never seen an episode of Hoarders where the hoarder was in terrific shape.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Saw a new guy last night on the cable machine. Not entirely sure what he was doing. He was waving his arms around, struggling with the weight and it looked like a hybrid of a military press, triceps extensions, and flies. He was flapping those arms like a baby bird getting ready to take flight for the first time. Really no idea what he was actually trying to do there.....but.....he was all smiles and pleased with his effort.
    Ignorance is bliss

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Quick question on this subject. 18 months ago I would of considered myself along the same lines as a lot of these people you see in the gym this first week of Jan. I didn't start because of some stupid resolution though.

I am now down around 40 pounds overall (not fit but looking a ton better) and weigh in at 200 lbs. I work out 4 days a week, follow strict nutrition and do cardio 5+ days a week.

Here's the question - Do you members find that the better the shape you got into (from the beginning) the more you find the average out of shape person a little gross? I drive down the street and see some fat bitch in an SUV shoveling french fries in her mouth and barely able to control her vehicle and I glare at her and shake my head. Am I being a self righteous prick in doing this? I know I am to a point but do you find yourself having contempt towards people who have no care about themselves or their personal appearance?

redhawk01 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by king6 II

Today at the gym I was using the lat pull down. While resting, I was standing a few inches away from the machine. All of the sudden a resolutionary came over and sat down on the machine and started using it with me mere inches away from the machine I just got done using. Unreal.
    Move your feet, lose your seat. Lol, the nerve kf some people.

redhawk01 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett N
    How is there not a reality show on FitTV about the first 30 days of they year and resolutioners coming to the gym. There stories, follow them home...would be so fricken hilarious.

I winder how many stop at McDonalds on the way home to replenish their carbs within the first 30 minutes?
    They're opening up a jimmy john's next door to mine. They ought to be pretty busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N
    Quick question on this subject. 18 months ago I would of considered myself along the same lines as a lot of these people you see in the gym this first week of Jan. I didn't start because of some stupid resolution though.

I am now down around 40 pounds overall (not fit but looking a ton better) and weigh in at 200 lbs. I work out 4 days a week, follow strict nutrition and do cardio 5+ days a week.

Here's the question - Do you members find that the better the shape you got into (from the beginning) the more you find the average out of shape person a little gross? I drive down the street and see some fat bitch in an SUV shoveling french fries in her mouth and barely able to control her vehicle and I glare at her and shake my head. Am I being a self righteous prick in doing this? I know I am to a point but do you find yourself having contempt towards people who have no care about themselves or their personal appearance?
    Interesting question. I think it's natural that once you starting changing your life in ways you (1) wonder why you didn't do it sooner and/or (2) look down/differently (to some degree) at others.

Often when we see a new overweight member in the gym, my wife will comment how unpleasant they look being overweight. I quickly remind her that fitness is a mental decision (unless you're physically disabled) and that I actual applaud that person for being in the gym and trying to make changes. We all know that it's "just a decision" but making the decision and sticking to it are easier said than done.

The people that I do question are the ones lining up at the fast food troughs to stuff their gullets with the poison they call food. It's disappointing to see that many people don't eat better and try to get just a little more exercise, but again, it's a decision they have to make for themselves. My sister, as much as I love her, drives me nuts watching the foods she eats and the sedentary lifestyle she lives. She is grossly overweight, knows it, but claims to be happy with the "skin she's in" even though she is aware her weight is unhealthy. Unfortunately, the more I nag her to exercise, the further away I drive her from it. She has to have her own reasons and unfortunately, others opinions about her weight isn't reason enough for her to want to change.

As the saying goes, "other people's opinions about you are their problem, not yours".
    Brett N likes this.

I swear I thought I was going to toss a kid out third floor window tonight at the gym. I was waiting to use the smith rack for military presses as my last exercise for shoulders/delts to really burn them out. This young Asian kid, couldn't have been any more than 23/24 and MAYBE 100lbs soaking wet, was standing by the equipment. My buddy asked how many sets he had left. The kid said, "a lot" and gave my buddy this "I don't give a shit" stare. So we moved on to some tricep and lateral delt work. From across the gym, I watched the little bastard. He would sit on the bench, get up, add more plates, sit back down. Get up, add more plates, sit back down. This went on for 30 fvcking minutes!!!!!! I never saw him move the bar once and he had more weight loaded than twice his body weight I'm sure. I wanted to go over and tell him if he wasn't going to lift, to get the fvck off the machine and let someone actually use it. Problem is, I know if he gave the same attitude he gave my buddy, I would have picked the little pecker up and hurled him through the window. What a condescending ignorant little shit. I don't know, maybe he was lifting the weight in his mind, but fvck me sideways dude, if you aren't going to lift, get the fvck out the way and let someone else use it!!!!!!!!!!
    Java Man likes this.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I try not to go to the commercial gym unless it's unavoidable even though I have 2 memberships. lol

I have a hard time biting my tongue when some fattie is moving from one machine or bench doing NOTHING except sitting and watching TV. I mean not one rep or set. I saw one fattie 3x in the cardio room sitting on a bike reading a paper the whole time, over 30 minutes and not even making one rotation of the peddles. What a waste of life, space and oxygen.

I swear I thought I was going to toss a kid out third floor window tonight at the gym. I was waiting to use the smith rack for military presses as my last exercise for shoulders/delts to really burn them out. This young Asian kid, couldn't have been any more than 23/24 and MAYBE 100lbs soaking wet, was standing by the equipment. My buddy asked how many sets he had left. The kid said, "a lot" and gave my buddy this "I don't give a shit" stare. So we moved on to some tricep and lateral delt work. From across the gym, I watched the little bastard. He would sit on the bench, get up, add more plates, sit back down. Get up, add more plates, sit back down. This went on for 30 fvcking minutes!!!!!! I never saw him move the bar once and he had more weight loaded than twice his body weight I'm sure. I wanted to go over and tell him if he wasn't going to lift, to get the fvck off the machine and let someone actually use it. Problem is, I know if he gave the same attitude he gave my buddy, I would have picked the little pecker up and hurled him through the window. What a condescending ignorant little shit. I don't know, maybe he was lifting the weight in his mind, but fvck me sideways dude, if you aren't going to lift, get the fvck out the way and let someone else use it!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont see anything wrong with saying something even go as far as embarrassing the little prick if he tries to be a smart ass. Do it in a non threatening way but talk to him like the little girl he is.

Tell him you know it must be tough for him being new and by far the skinniest guy in the gym and even though most everyone else in the gym is laughing behind his back for loading up the bar with obviously more weight than he could possibly hope to lift and doing nothing but sitting on the bench looking at it that it's OK and you truly feel sorry for him and wont laugh at him.

Tell him you have a special needs brother, cousin or friend so you understand him feeling inadequate and you are sure if he was to higher a personal trainer and nutritionist in a couple of years he may not have the body of a 10yr old girl....

Then tell him you look forward to seeing him every day because everyone needs some levity in their day to break up the mundane.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 01-12-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    noon and Java Man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I try not to go to the commercial gym unless it's unavoidable even though I have 2 memberships. lol

I have a hard time biting my tongue when some fattie is moving from one machine or bench doing NOTHING except sitting and watching TV. I mean not one rep or set. I saw one fattie 3x in the cardio room sitting on a bike reading a paper the whole time, over 30 minutes and not even making one rotation of the peddles. What a waste of life, space and oxygen.
    Yup, pretty much what this kid was doing. I don't mind the newbies when they are trying to learn, but this kid clearly wasn't doing anything productive - except pissing me off.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol the resolutionaries at my gym aren't as bad as the above. Mostly just a bunch of skinny kids doing bicep curls.. as long as they're not doing them in the squat rack when I wanna squat, im happy

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

I dont see anything wrong with saying something even go as far as embarrassing the little prick if he tries to be a smart ass. Do it in a non threatening way but talk to him like the little girl he is.

Tell him you know it must be tough for him being new and by far the skinniest guy in the gym and even though most everyone else in the gym is laughing behind his back for loading up the bar with obviously more weight than he could possibly hope to lift and doing nothing but sitting on the bench looking at it that it's OK and you truly feel sorry for him and wont laugh at him.

Tell him you have a special needs brother, cousin or friend so you understand him feeling inadequate and you are sure if he was to higher a personal trainer and nutritionist in a couple of years he may not have the body of a 10yr old girl....

Then tell him you look forward to seeing him every day because everyone needs some levity in their day to break up the mundane.
    Ya, I don't tolerate stupidity or ignorance well. I just wanted to shout, "it's clobbering time!" and put a beat down on him. Pretty sure the GM of the gym would have tossed me out. Maybe not a bad thing. Could have found a new gym!

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Ya, I don't tolerate stupidity or ignorance well. I just wanted to shout, "it's clobbering time!" and put a beat down on him. Pretty sure the GM of the gym would have tossed me out. Maybe not a bad thing. Could have found a new gym!
    There it is.. 'That side' of MI. Lol.

Here is a couple things I've done:

There was a kid doing the same thing you described in your last post.. Sitting mostly, would do a set every 6-7 minutes or so. I went up to him while he was sitting and said, 'are you using the bench?' He said 'yeah', then with a smile on my face I said, 'then use it'! I continued to stand right by him and he did a set and left the bench.

Another thing is just ask to work in with him and then just take over from there.

Or MI, you could always take a 25 lb plate and smack him across the face with it.
    Java Man likes this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds to me like everyone has high test levels today.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno

There was a kid doing the same thing you described in your last post.. Sitting mostly, would do a set every 6-7 minutes or so. I went up to him while he was sitting and said, 'are you using the bench?' He said 'yeah', then with a smile on my face I said, 'then use it'! I continued to stand right by him and he did a set and left the bench.

Another thing is just ask to work in with him and then just take over from there.

Or MI, you could always take a 25 lb plate and smack him across the face with it.
    I like option 3. Lol

If it weren't for my buddy being more tolerant and I had been on my own. I'm sure I would have stood there watching him and hazing him until he finished up.

I'm more relaxed today.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101
    Sounds to me like everyone has high test levels today.
    Today and every day!

Blog Entries
    I like option 3. Lol

If it weren't for my buddy being more tolerant and I had been on my own. I'm sure I would have stood there watching him and hazing him until he finished up.

I'm more relaxed today.
    Funny we're talking about this today. The floor was crowded today (as we all know.. January) and this dude was sitting on the only upright seat but wasn't using it. He was sitting on it between sets and then would grab his 15's, and then straddle the chair doing front lateral raises. So I went over and said, if you're not using the seat for sets, do you mind if I grab it.. and then dude was like a dear in the headlights and goes, uuuhhh.. the seat? I'm like yeah, if you're just sitting on it between sets do you mind if I grab it.. and he was like.. oh.. uhh. yeah sure.. he stood up, I grabbed his seat and walked away with it..

Funny we're talking about this today. The floor was crowded today (as we all know.. January) and this dude was sitting on the only upright seat but wasn't using it. He was sitting on it between sets and then would grab his 15's, and then straddle the chair doing front lateral raises. So I went over and said, if you're not using the seat for sets, do you mind if I grab it.. and then dude was like a dear in the headlights and goes, uuuhhh.. the seat? I'm like yeah, if you're just sitting on it between sets do you mind if I grab it.. and he was like.. oh.. uhh. yeah sure.. he stood up, I grabbed his seat and walked away with it..

Lol.....actually when the kid in the gym last night responded "a lot" when we asked how many sets he had left, MY first thought was, the kid is probably asking himself "WTF is a SET", so he gave as vague an answer as possible. Lmao

Blog Entries
    Haha... there were a couple HS kids in there today with their tank tops on and had waaaay to much weight on the bar. Looked like it was their first time in the gym.. they were spotting eachother and had no idea what they were doing. Hope they learn before they hurt themselves.

Haha... there were a couple HS kids in there today with their tank tops on and had waaaay to much weight on the bar. Looked like it was their first time in the gym.. they were spotting eachother and had no idea what they were doing. Hope they learn before they hurt themselves.
    I bet when they spot each other on triceps dips it will look like this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2898761288.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	147637
    Java Man likes this.

Blog Entries
    ^^ Not sure what I would do if I saw that. Camera would come out thats for sure..

Blog Entries
    Java Man likes this.

^^ Not sure what I would do if I saw that. Camera would come out thats for sure..
    Definitely some Kodak moments!

Name:	image-996790589.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	147638

Name:	image-1157049034.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	405.2 KB 
ID:	147639

Name:	image-1022765704.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	147640

Name:	image-251477923.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	147641

And then of course, you have many of the young guys screaming through one set and then flexing in the mirror as if that one set just added 5lbs of LBM. Lol

Name:	image-313003599.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	147642

Blog Entries
    That guy just punched himself in the face with a dumbell... what a dumbell.

That guy just punched himself in the fact with a dumbell... what a dumbell.
    New improved method for dumbbell skull crushers! Your waist on the bench, shoulders to the floor and get that FULL ROM. Lmao

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Now that SUCKS

Ahhhhh.....you're supposed to lift it with your face! I've been doing it wrong then!!! Lol

Now that SUCKS
    And then some. Damn that looks horribly painful.

Blog Entries
    We're always learning.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Yeah this guys day is ruined.

Yeah this guys day is ruined.
    Damn! You know he just looked behind and thought, "well fvck, that can't be good".

Blog Entries
    Can't imagine looking down and seeing that sh*t.. lol.

Can't imagine looking down and seeing that sh*t.. lol.
    I've seen some pretty sick stuff and tolerate it well, but when it's my own body, ya, not so well.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post

Yes. I have contempt for such people. Self righteous prick? personally I don't care what they think of me so it doesn't matter. I was one of those people for a period of my life so I'll judge and be justified in doing so. They are a danger to their children, people on the road who have to watch out for them doing stupid things while they eat behind the wheel, to the health care economy, I could go on but I won't.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post

I envy patient people like you. I know that's a much more effective (and legal) way to handle a situation but I'm like MI with this kind of thing. I just want to rip the little turds head off and put it on a pike in front of the gym entrance as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man

I envy patient people like you. I know that's a much more effective (and legal) way to handle a situation but I'm like MI with this kind of thing. I just want to rip the little turds head off and put it on a pike in front of the gym entrance as a warning to others.
    Oooooooooo.......empale his head as a warning to others. Strong message. I like it!!!! Maybe use his intestines as wrist straps? That would be an effective deterrent!!!

Too much?

......back tmrw. Hopefully that ninny ain't there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information