Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hazard

Thread: COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey

DexterMorgan is offline Knowledgeable Member

COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey

What's up everyone.
    Anyone likes to watch Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey?

The original one with Carl Sagan was pretty good too.

Last edited by DexterMorgan; 04-07-2014 at 12:09 PM.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    I have been watching them to get a different perspective vs my religious beliefs. Quite interesting. Never seen the original series.

DexterMorgan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    I have been watching them to get a different perspective vs my religious beliefs. Quite interesting. Never seen the original series.
    The original one is from early 80's, very informative show. It's not only about cosmology. He talks about early scientists and a little bit about world history. Science in layman's terms.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave
    ^^^^ like

I'm not a religious person at all. I've done all my catholic requirements..... Read the bible (not all of it) and I've also researched the Quran and have talked and asked tons of questions to Muslim friends who follow very closely...... I can't just be vested into one thing without understanding the other.

I think to be a well rounded individual..... You have to be keep your mind open to all possibilities.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    I think it's fantastic. It's unfortunate there's such a religious backlash.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Good show. I don't agree with every theory posed, but like Haz said, it's good to get all viewpoints.
    I have never understood why it's always religion vs science. There's plenty of room for both. For instance...regarding The Big Bang theory, why can't most religious ppl accept the fact that it took billions of years for our universe to come to where it is today....and it continues to expand. No. It must be a 7-day creation or it's a lie. Why limit God?
    Was he in a hurry?
    If he's eternal, he had plenty of time to initiate that Big Bang, wait for it to expand and then create life when the time was right. This is just an example. Not trying to tell everyone to believe as I do.

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Good show. I don't agree with every theory posed, but like Haz said, it's good to get all viewpoints.
    I have never understood why it's always religion vs science. There's plenty of room for both. For instance...regarding The Big Bang theory, why can't most religious ppl accept the fact that it took billions of years for our universe to come to where it is today....and it continues to expand. No. It must be a 7-day creation or it's a lie. Why limit God?
    Was he in a hurry?
    If he's eternal, he had plenty of time to initiate that Big Bang, wait for it to expand and then create life when the time was right. This is just an example. Not trying to tell everyone to believe as I do.
    Nice!

One thing to note though, is not Religion vs Science really. Someway, somehow people made it a debate out of their own extremist views and misconceptions, in my opinion, from both sides of the spectrum.

I am a religious person too, with my personal point of views/preferences in regards both subjects, and I can tell you that I've been able to appreciate my religious beliefs more thanks to science for the little we know and understand of the world we live in!

Now, you can sit and watch how someone would take this comment out of context and blow it out of proportion and twist it in a whole different way, due to his/her misconceptions and deep-rooted beliefs, for whatever reason. I think we, human beings, are really the fck up ones! hah

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The reason I lean to science is because we can prove things through science. Of coarse there are things we may never prove..... But they try to and have some convincing theories. Religion has no proof..... But the bigger thing is that there never will be "proof"

I believe when we die we go no where. Our "soul" or "being" is recycled into another body. We are destined to live on this planet. Right now you are living life through your eyes..... You can't remember a past life..... But who's to say you havnt had one? You're alive now aren't you? How do you know you'll goto heaven any more than I know ill be recycled again?

I don't want a debate...... But that's why I lean more to science. In regards to religion..... There are some things regarding the Quran that have interested me quite a bit. I won't get into all tht but it did prompt me to study it some and then look more into the bible and Christianity.

Very interesting stuff to say the least
    lovbyts likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The reason I lean to science is because we can prove things through science. Of coarse there are things we may never prove..... But they try to and have some convincing theories. Religion has no proof..... But the bigger thing is that there never will be "proof"

I believe when we die we go no where. Our "soul" or "being" is recycled into another body. We are destined to live on this planet. Right now you are living life through your eyes..... You can't remember a past life..... But who's to say you havnt had one? You're alive now aren't you? How do you know you'll goto heaven any more than I know ill be recycled again?

I don't want a debate...... But that's why I lean more to science. In regards to religion..... There are some things regarding the Quran that have interested me quite a bit. I won't get into all tht but it did prompt me to study it some and then look more into the bible and Christianity.

Very interesting stuff to say the least
    I think something very similar except I think we are recycled a certain number of times until we have lived and learned certain values, had certain experiences and ready to move on or ascend so to speak.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Religion is a dying breed and science is taking over.

kevy is offline New Member
    Excellent series, watched all episodes thus far. Astronomy intrigues me, I fall asleep listening to astronomy documentaries

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

mxbrewski is offline Junior Member
    Some great special effects for sure.

Thread Information