Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My ER visit Please read

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Anybody have a brand of probiotics they prefer? I may pick some up tomorrow.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    I just used Raw Probiotics by garden of life. 5 day max care. I cannot express how epic the poop i just took was. 10 packets of fiber 3 days of probiotics and coffee. Not to mention the 3 days I went without pooping. I just realized it was probably the morphine they gave me that stopped me up after.

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAAS View Post
    I just used Raw Probiotics by garden of life. 5 day max care. I cannot express how epic the poop i just took was. 10 packets of fiber 3 days of probiotics and coffee. Not to mention the 3 days I went without pooping. I just realized it was probably the morphine they gave me that stopped me up after.
    glad to hear everything came out ok.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well I hope you get feeling better soon bro.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAAS View Post
    no doubt that the morphine was prob the culprit to locking you up. glad you lost 10 pounds so quickly!

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    5.6 mmol/l is not pre diabetes I am sorry but you have read way to many alternative medicine books / these books speak of alternative life styles and ways to control which and not always possible to the average Joe / and if 5.6mmol/l is considered pre diabetes then most of the world is there.

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    Oh and i would not worry to much about them not treating your sugar level 250 is about 13 mmol/l and not terrible in short term / I am sure if you didn't know what the number was you would have never known your sugar was at that time / and depending what your are eating and meds your are on if insulin is administered you may have become hypoglycemic and that is way worse than short term hyperglycemia / trust me it is a pain in the ass to continue treating a insulin overdose.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    I think you'll find this alternative medicine book enlightening: The American Diabetes Association says normal blood glucose is less than 100, and 100 or more is prediabetic. Just for reference, 5.6 mmol/L is equal to 101 mg/dL. Diagnosing Diabetes and Learning About Prediabetes: American Diabetes Association®

So you are wrong, even by the ADA's shitty standards. And there is a huge corpus of literature (from alternative medical journals like the New England Journal of Medicine) that show that these figures are far too high, and that the standards advised by the ADA miss up to 94% of prediabetics, and 70% of diabetics.

Just because something is common doesn't mean it is normal, and frankly, when the retina starts bleeding and someone starts going blind, the eye doesn't care that average Joe couldn't do any better. There are just the physiological reactions to the internal environment in our body, and whether the whole world is there or not is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGB View Post
    5.6 mmol/l is not pre diabetes I am sorry but you have read way to many alternative medicine books / these books speak of alternative life styles and ways to control which and not always possible to the average Joe / and if 5.6mmol/l is considered pre diabetes then most of the world is there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information