Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Want extra spending money?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by base4291ball View Post

True! Example of extremist here in the US is the Westboro Baptist Church lol

~Base
    You comparing apples to grenades.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 04-26-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dk94
    So you wanna associate gay haters that picket soldiers funeral with me? a former serving member of the CF, and a staunch libertarian? Is there something about my statement above that is not true? Retort with facts rather than insults
    I thought we were talking about extremist groups? Dude, what that church does is screwed up man, idk how they even call themselves a church. Are you not following what I'm thinking

~Base

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I though we were talking about extra spending money?

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa
    So did I but apparently churches staking out at armed forces funerals are okay now & going to colleges telling girls "you're going to hell" for wearing yoga pants, suggestive wear and PDA is okay now as well.

Idk how this thread got here, I'm so confused.

~Base
    Last edited by base4291ball; 04-25-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Tell that to the families of 9/11... Why is it that whites are the only race that gets ridiculed if they pass judgment or associate race with past or present acts of violence or miss treatment of another race. All other races are free to make racial slurs, comments even jokes without it being frowned upon but don't let a white man say something negative about another race!!! I personally am not prejudice as my birth father was a immigrant from Cuba. But statistics and facts do not lie...if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck....it probably is...that goes for whites as well as any other race that brings hardship, terrorism or violence upon society.
    Tell what to the families of 9/11? That our government knew it was going to happen?

Clearly you watch too much of the news. You must believe everything you read on the internet as well, huh?

Don't blame terrorists, blame the American government. Terrorists don't hate me, they don't even know me. But they surely don't like the people that run this country.

I'm not saying killing innocent, non-threatening people is right. Its far from it. But you need to look from the other perspective as well. Plenty of innocent women and children are killed by Americans when they invade or bomb a country. Of course the news isn't going to report that back here. That would make America look bad.

Think if you lived over there and some other country comes in and sticks its nose where it doesn't belong. Are you going to be upset? I sure as hell would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond
    Tell what to the families of 9/11? That our government knew it was going to happen? Clearly you watch too much of the news. You must believe everything you read on the internet as well, huh? Don't blame terrorists, blame the American government. Terrorists don't hate me, they don't even know me. But they surely don't like the people that run this country. I'm not saying killing innocent, non-threatening people is right. Its far from it. But you need to look from the other perspective as well. Plenty of innocent women and children are killed by Americans when they invade or bomb a country. Of course the news isn't going to report that back here. That would make America look bad. Think if you lived over there and some other country comes in and sticks its nose where it doesn't belong. Are you going to be upset? I sure as hell would.
    Exactly (^to everything^) thank you! US needs to stop being the worlds police, worry about ourselves and we may, just maybe, be a lot better off. It's funny, living in other countries you get to see & hear what other countries think of the US and it ain't pretty lol the world hates us, as a whole! & we only have a few TRUE allies!

Now I love my country, I've fought for it & I'll continue too, please don't get that confused. But things need to change, and I don't think this current presents 'change' did squat! Definitely not change for the better.

~Base

dk94 is offline Associate Member
    Base, my apologies, i thought you were comparing my viewpoints to that of westbro.. as some do when presented with something that can be misconstrued as racist. I do agree with you, we have problems here that need to be adressed, let the world worry about them selves. This premise has been a big reason ive become a rand/ron paul supporter. It doesnt matter what party is in office, theyre always involved in some campaign or meddling over seas.

Quote Originally Posted by dk94
    Base, my apologies, i thought you were comparing my viewpoints to that of westbro.. as some do when presented with something that can be misconstrued as racist. I do agree with you, we have problems here that need to be adressed, let the world worry about them selves. This premise has been a big reason ive become a rand/ron paul supporter. It doesnt matter what party is in office, theyre always involved in some campaign or meddling over seas.
    Now we're on the same page haha yeah man I like Ron Paul too man. Yeah doesn't matter if you're conservative or liberal always seem we're doing something for someone else when I think we should worry about ourselves. Our national debt is so wild, idk the word to describe it.

~Base

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    The reason most people throw out these slurs are because our government has made them out to be the "bad guys" in the public eye. People in American are force fed this "terrorist" idea and are taught to automatically hate this ethnicity of people without even knowing them. Its a sad way to live.
    an enlightened viewpoint. When I'm in the region, I don't even bother to watch CNN. Too biased. Instead, i'll Watch the BBC and Al Jazera news.

Tell that to the families of 9/11... Why is it that whites are the only race that gets ridiculed if they pass judgment or associate race with past or present acts of violence or miss treatment of another race. All other races are free to make racial slurs, comments even jokes without it being frowned upon but don't let a white man say something negative about another race!!! I personally am not prejudice as my birth father was a immigrant from Cuba. But statistics and facts do not lie...if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck....it probably is...that goes for whites as well as any other race that brings hardship, terrorism or violence upon society.
    Mate, sorry to break it to you. But in fact, we are ALL prejudice to one extent or the other. If I were to ask you a few questions, within minutes, it would become apparent that you do prejudge others, whether you care to admit it or not. And that includes myself as well. Whether you prejudge blondes, or whether it is a certain religion (aka "my religion is the only true religion, all others are BS, which includes the people that believe in those other religions), or whether it is simply a thing against cops. It is how our brains are hardwired. Your brain tries to find patterns, which, quite often, really do not exist. Think Worhot Blots (those ink blobs on a piece of paper). Very very few of us can really see things as they truly are, without making certain assumptions based on prior experiences or patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Not all Muslim are terrorist but all the terrorists are Muslim.
    Sorry LB. This is not true. The term "terrorist" is so broadly defined that we now live in an era where we have non muslim domestic terrorists that were born and raised here. And are white. This is one of my huge gripes with this government. Once they label someone a terrorist, then violating some of their constitutional rights is no longer illegal. Big brutha is coming, and he IS pissed..............

Quote Originally Posted by dk94 View Post
    its not about race, its a religious issue. There are extremists and terrorists that come from nigeria, mali, indonesia, malaysia, afgahnistan, iran, chechnia, and many other countries, people in england and europe promoting oppression towards women and extreme law. They are all different races, come from different socioeconomic back grounds, but are united in the fact that they are all muslim.
    not true. see my comment to LB above

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    you need to peddle faster so you can keep up! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    Tell what to the families of 9/11? That our government knew it was going to happen?

Clearly you watch too much of the news. You must believe everything you read on the internet as well, huh?

Don't blame terrorists, blame the American government. Terrorists don't hate me, they don't even know me. But they surely don't like the people that run this country.

I'm not saying killing innocent, non-threatening people is right. Its far from it. But you need to look from the other perspective as well. Plenty of innocent women and children are killed by Americans when they invade or bomb a country. Of course the news isn't going to report that back here. That would make America look bad.

Think if you lived over there and some other country comes in and sticks its nose where it doesn't belong. Are you going to be upset? I sure as hell would.
    yes. we all would. And I would be one of the first to bear arms in defense of my family, and community.

We can get into a discussion on really what is going on with the "terrorists", but it is beyond the scope of this discussion at this point in time.
    Last edited by Times Roman; 04-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.

V-ROID is offline Member
    Damn! Am I too late for the extra money? Selling steaks out of a van? I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAN-O-ROID View Post
    Damn! Am I too late for the extra money? Selling steaks out of a van? I'm in!
    ...down by the river? =)

Im not going by what the government has decided to call terrorist the last few years. Im talking the literal sense of those who strap bombs on, drive car bombs, plant bombs in crowds or fly airplanes into buildings. In other countries doing the same as here or worse like the train a and bus bombings and gas.

Im not going by what the government has decided to call terrorist the last few years. Im talking the literal sense of those who strap bombs on, drive car bombs, plant bombs in crowds or fly airplanes into buildings. In other countries doing the same as here or worse like the train a and bus bombings and gas.
    fair enough, and noted.

our government, once again, has went off the deep end with their definition of what a terrorist is.

and to be honest, this whole "war on terror" is pure BS.

the definition of war, like the definition of terrorist, is so broadly defined, as to me, it no longer really means the same thing. You take the resulting deaths of US citizens alone, and between the wars of WW1, WW2, the Korean and the Vietnam wars, we probably had upwards of 100,000,000 deaths. how does the lives lost on 9/11 with only a few thousand deaths, even come close to comparing?

by calling it a war, then the government is allowed to do things they ordinarily not be allowed to do, during periods of peace. And the patriot act? don't even get me started!

someone double check my "facts" of the claim "upwards of 100,000,000 deaths"

it seems right, but then again, it's a pretty high number

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Not all Muslim are terrorist but all the terrorists are Muslim.
    EXACTLY, just like Ted Kaczynski. No, wait a second!!!

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

fair enough, and noted.

our government, once again, has went off the deep end with their definition of what a terrorist is.

the definition of war, like the definition of terrorist, is so broadly defined, as to me, it no longer really means the same thing. You take the resulting deaths of US citizens alone, and between the wars of WW1, WW2, the Korean and the Vietnam wars, we probably had upwards of 100,000,000 deaths. how does the lives lost on 9/11 with only a few thousand deaths, even come close to comparing?

by calling it a war, then the government is allowed to do things they ordinarily not be allowed to do, during periods of peace. And the patriot act? don't even get me started!
    Very good point TR.

*like*

fair enough, and noted.

Agree...

I wish I was Jack Bauer

~Base

V-ROID is offline Member
    Agree on the definition of "terrorist"... On the other side of the coin, they also seem to throw the term "hero" out too easily these days as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAN-O-ROID
    Agree on the definition of "terrorist"... On the other side of the coin, they also seem to throw the term "hero" out too easily these days as well.
    Agree to the max!

~Base

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAN-O-ROID View Post
    it's fashionable nowadays to call many a hero. it's a positive comment, true enough. But used very easily. Does it make up for the rough treatment given our military veterans in the past?

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Dante Diamond;6854262]Tell what to the families of 9/11? That our government knew it was going to happen?nt
    If this statement is a fact, which I am sure you are unable to back up with any evidence...it does not change that it occurred. So my statement remains. Those families will forever be scarred from this act of terrorism.
    Ignorant statement to make since you do not know me, what I watch or what I read. Interesting that you would point that finger at me given your accusation made against the United States of America's Government...wonder where you got that bit of "information" from??
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]I would disagree with you...they do hate you...even not knowing you...they hate you [/COLOR]& me and every American/western civilization..
    This is not my opinion but what comes out of their mouths on a regular basis.

agree 100% the government could never show what really goes down because our nation as a whole cannot handle the truth...not to sound cliché...too many legal rights activists who are clueless at what it takes to engage in acts of war.
    Yes I would...and I would defend my borders, my home and my family and my country...would I fly over to their country and strap a bomb to my chest and randomly pick out buildings filled with innocents and blow myself up killing hundreds of innocents for no other purpose than to make a point?..NO I wouldn't...

someone double check my "facts" of the claim "upwards of 100,000,000 deaths"
    it seems right, but then again, it's a pretty high number
    no one did, so I checked myself, and I was right. Over 100,000,000 people died in World Wars 1 and 2, (not counting the Korean and Viet Nam Wars) (see attached)

So how is it our government has the balls to compare what happened on 9/11 and "claim" that to be a war with 3,000+ initial deaths when all other wars had deaths in the millions?????????????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1 Deaths.PNG 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	150154

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 Deaths.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	150155

in my humble opinion, it's a slap in the face to the veterans of those wars, to call what happened on 9/11 a "war"

now, I'd settle for calling it a terrorist attack, but no more than that.

Just my .02

---Roman

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Mate, sorry to break it to you. But in fact, we are ALL prejudice to one extent or the other. If I were to ask you a few questions, within minutes, it would become apparent that you do prejudge others, whether you care to admit it or not. And that includes myself as well. Whether you prejudge blondes, or whether it is a certain religion (aka "my religion is the only true religion, all others are BS, which includes the people that believe in those other religions), or whether it is simply a thing against cops. It is how our brains are hardwired. Your brain tries to find patterns, which, quite often, really do not exist. Think Worhot Blots (those ink blobs on a piece of paper). Very very few of us can really see things as they truly are, without making certain assumptions based on prior experiences or patterns.
    ---Roman

Well I wont disagree with the word prejudice by definition as you have pointed out. I simply was referring to it as it was being thrown out in the terms of racial slurs and being "trained" to hate.
    I obviously, as all humans with at least a little intellect have pre dispositions in almost every aspect of my/our life that influence my/our opinions of a person, place or action based on past experience whether it be personal or learned. That does not make me hate them. Distrust them maybe until proven different maybe but I respect them as a human until proven otherwise. ( by the way I don't really trust anyone... in my opinion...everyone has a ulterior motives for every action made.)
    There are sayings that have validity like... "Once bitten twice shy" "fool me once shame on you, fool my twice shame on me" these are safeguards that I think most humans rely as self preservation. So all I am saying is I don't run around hating on races because of their past but that does not mean I ignore statistics and history and blindly invite them into my home until I know what they are about as a person. Guilty of stereotyping...yes... hate and want to eliminate...No

---Roman

Well I wont disagree with the word prejudice by definition as you have pointed out. I simply was referring to it as it was being thrown out in the terms of racial slurs and being "trained" to hate.
    I obviously, as all humans with at least a little intellect have pre dispositions in almost every aspect of my/our life that influence my/our opinions of a person, place or action based on past experience whether it be personal or learned. That does not make me hate them. Distrust them maybe until proven different maybe but I respect them as a human until proven otherwise. ( by the way I don't really trust anyone... in my opinion...everyone has a ulterior motives for every action made.)
    There are sayings that have validity like... "Once bitten twice shy" "fool me once shame on you, fool my twice shame on me" these are safeguards that I think most humans rely as self preservation. So all I am saying is I don't run around hating on races because of their past but that does not mean I ignore statistics and history and blindly invite them into my home until I know what they are about as a person. Guilty of stereotyping...yes... hate and want to eliminate...No
    yes. we all prejudge.

it becomes dangerous when we see noticeable differences, and then we begin to qualify these differences, some being better than others. and then when you take these variations between individuals, and then extrapolate that on to populations in general.....

a significant % of those even here on this board, undoubtedly, think of Muslims as either terrorists, or hate mongers, or even the dreaded "Heathens". And yes, I too had some of those feelings before living in Afghanistan. But once there, I realized they too are people, just like me.

Muslim women weep just like Christian women, when their children are hurt or worse.....
    Muslims want to defend their communities just like Christians
    Muslims can be ignorant just like Christians

It is easy to prejudge, and quite often, difficult to keep an open mind.

At times, I can be a pretty fukked up guy, and say/do things I regret later. But give me a thousand years, and maybe I can have most of these personal issues of mine worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information