marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Steroids & drugs death risks

Just watched this video which I found interesting.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    My first three thoughts....

1. These guys are putting 5-20 grams a week of AAs into their bodies prepping for shows. Is this abuse? It sure is not playing it safely.

2. Many if not all AAs promote cancer spread, some more than others. If you are loading up your body daily at the levels the top end athletes do and have a cancer family background.... Sure is not they way to play it safe.

3. Bolo Yeung is my favourite bodybuilder behind Arnie. I am not a fan of bodybuilding for bodybuilding but they parlayed their muscle success to become silver screen stars. He is over 60 and "deflated" to look like a normal person now. WHen I saw him in the Bloodsport reunion video I was like..woah is he dieting. Then I compared him to a normal chinaman and..just not familiar with seeing him not all poofed up on AAs. Said all of that to say this...

The ride ends sometime. You cannot be Mr Olympia forever. You cannot be all jacked up forever. No matter what choice you choose you were born one foot in the grave. At minimum these guys put on their Big Boy Pants and made a decision on how they wanted to do life...their way.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Just watched this video which I found interesting.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Very interesting. I remember watching Generation Iron and they were talking about how the majority of bodybuilders would take a substance that they knew would kill them in 5 years but would get them to the top and they would still take it. Crazy.

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    The intensity of the "new" bodybuilder is just blown way out of reality

Look at these guys nower days, they make Arnold look like a semi average rookie. They are full blown monsters with 3% Bf. These proportions are just not possible to achieve without insane diet & drug regimens.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Damn. Makes me want to get bloods done asap

Thread Information