• 4 Post By songdog
  • 2 Post By Bigshotvictoria

Thread: Dr. Oz scolded at hearing on weight loss scams

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Dr. Oz scolded at hearing on weight loss scams

Anyone Surprised?

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    No surprise, I have found myself yelling at the TV when this quack is on a number of times.
    davesah1 likes this.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Kevin Trudeau was even worse. He actually went to jail for 10 years for criminal contempt...
    At least Dr. Oz never took money from what he was peddling... though I am not sure why he was peddling stuff if he wasn't taking money for it...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    just another Opal Winfield croney looking to cash in on the "fat people market"....

....shame on you Dr. OZ

(never did like the bastard, anyways)
    Daniel h likes this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    Kevin Trudeau was even worse. He actually went to jail for 10 years for criminal contempt...
    At least Dr. Oz never took money from what he was peddling... though I am not sure why he was peddling stuff if he wasn't taking money for it...
    he made money off it. Trust me. These fat people want to hear there is a magic solution to their condition, besides eating less. So viewership goes up by his snake oil sales show. And when viewership goes up, his sponsors have to pay more for commercials on his show.

He knows that it is very popular to tell people what they want to hear, especially when it comes from someone with his credentials.

How many people would actually watch if his message was....

"you are fat because you over eat and have a sedentary lifestyle?"

his pockets would not be nearly as lined with gold if that was his message, true as it may be
    Black likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh I agree, I hated that guy

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Lets see, he has suggested:

HCG diet with 500calories/day

Green beans

Raspberry ketones

Garcinia Cambogia

I actually got in an argument at a party last weekend with a health food store worker who SWORE Garcinia Cambogia works because she took it and lost 5 lbs. I even showed her the studies proving it was BS, she just kept saying "but Dr. Oz..."
    davesah1 likes this.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria
    Lets see, he has suggested: HCG diet with 500calories/day Green beans Raspberry ketones Garcinia Cambogia I actually got in an argument at a party last weekend with a health food store worker who SWORE Garcinia Cambogia works because she took it and lost 5 lbs. I even showed her the studies proving it was BS, she just kept saying "but Dr. Oz..."
    5 lbs, hell Ivan take a crap and lose 5 lbs. lol dam that stuff don't work I we I guess I need to start hiit again.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    5 lbs, hell Ivan take a crap and lose 5 lbs. lol dam that stuff don't work I we I guess I need to start hiit again.
    I know, isn't it stupid how people get crazy about 5 lbs? I fluctuate that in 24 hrs.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I know, isn't it stupid how people get crazy about 5 lbs? I fluctuate that in 24 hrs.
    Same here

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    Lets see, he has suggested:

HCG diet with 500calories/day

Green beans

Raspberry ketones

Garcinia Cambogia

I actually got in an argument at a party last weekend with a health food store worker who SWORE Garcinia Cambogia works because she took it and lost 5 lbs. I even showed her the studies proving it was BS, she just kept saying "but Dr. Oz..."
    Bro this was a real dumb arguement! Wat ever made you think you could tell a woman she was wrong
    BG, Daniel h, Honkey_Kong and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Bro this was a real dumb arguement! Wat ever made you think you could tell a woman she was wrong
    Whiskey.
    Black and Honkey_Kong like this.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    though I am not sure why he was peddling stuff if he wasn't taking money for it...
    Oh you can be sure he's been paid some how. Millions of sheep listen to this guy & he's nothing but a supplement whore...

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    Oh you can be sure he's been paid some how. Millions of sheep listen to this guy & he's nothing but a supplement whore...
    It makes perfect sense why he has a prime time show. He is popular among a lot of people; especially women 25-54. It doesn't matter what he is telling people to do, if he is telling them to do anything at all. He attracts viewers which attract advertisers with bundles of money to out-bid the next advertiser. The broadcasting corporations are there to make money, and he is just along for the ride. The more viewers they get, the more advertisers pay, and the more Dr Oz makes indirectly for pumping BS miracle pills. He gets paid for it, but gets to say he doesn't.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Well he does claim he's going to push weightloss drugs that WORK now.

I wonder if he's ever going to push DNP ? It'll work.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    LOL. I was wondering why he wasn't on tv lately. That's awesome.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    About time, the supp industry is such a snake oil pile of BS.

I heard his shit once or twice & put up a thread about it years ago. It just made no sense - srsly joojoo berries or whatever it was. Take it for a week & drop 10 pounds, without any other changes.

Srsly - I have most likely spent about the same amount of money on BS supps about 10 years that I spent on juice since I started. This stuff is crap - just straight sugar pill placebos

Doesn't all this just make you guys want to start your own supplement companies and get your piece of the pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    Doesn't all this just make you guys want to start your own supplement companies and get your piece of the pie?
    There's another way.

Build a website pumping weight loss products, pump Dr. Oz. place adds for other distributors products. Learn a little bit about SEO. Get paid every time someone orders a sup through the link on your website, no hassle as you're the middle man.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    Thought about it

I'm just not outgoing enough for solid self promotion. I don't know jack from shit about massive online advertising.

davesah1 is offline Member
    I personally don lost all respect for the guy when he made the HCG diet seem like a miracle weight loss method when its the dumbest thing ever. They were eating 800 cals a day..........I doubt the HCG solely or at all caused the weight loss. The guy knows that he's doing, he's just playing stupid. Money can make any man act funny.

davesah1 is offline Member
    nice to see im not alone. Guy is playing on the stupid average american, who would rather sit down and watch his show and take their green tea extract thinking their going to lose 5-10lbs instead of going to the gym for that hour.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davesah1
    nice to see im not alone. Guy is playing on the stupid average american, who would rather sit down and watch his show and take their green tea extract thinking their going to lose 5-10lbs instead of going to the gym for that hour.
    Exactly

If you could make a million or more saying the dumbest shit, tell me you wouldn't. I would for sure - creatine is stronger than steroids < lol

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Exactly

If you could make a million or more saying the dumbest shit, tell me you wouldn't. I would for sure - creatine is stronger than steroids < lol
    Jesus H Christ, creatine isn't stronger than steroids ...... Everybody knows that ZMA and Ageless Male if used together are better than any steroid stack known to man. It'll get you swole.

Thread Information