Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
Well Im from Florida originally. I have a felony there, and just recently tried to get it exponged or sealed, in order to get me gun rights back, and to get a job.

I also have a misdemenor assult charge in another state. This is how he put it to me:

You get a ontime chance to exponge your record, but if you have ever been convicted of any other crime, you cannot exponge your record.
The example he gave me:
Lets say you were convicted of murder, did your time and got out. You can have this taken off your record, but if you also stole a loaf of bread at some point and had a misdemeanor chrge for that. You are F*cked.

This is in Florida, dont know if it is true anywhere else.

Oh and mine was a felony possesion of marijuana at 20 years old. It was my personal smoke. kind of ****ed up if you ask me.
It is and it isnt. I understand the laws and if u break them u should understand the consequences. What u just explained seems the right way....to keep career criminals from hiding anything.

With that being said. For someone that has shown they changed their life around should be given the chance. I understand I messed up. Just hoping to put it behind me. I have a really.good career. I honestly could continue my life without an issue.

But my wife and I want to buy a house. I would like to have some type of protection in the house for us and want her to get her concealed permit. But I am unsure if I would get in trouble for having a gun in the house.