dfarre is offline Banned

How lean do you cut before a bulk?

I'm down to 186lbs from 216, and I feel small as ****. I'm on 120mcg of clen a day, 1700-2400kcal, fasting 17-24h, and wanted to go another two weeks, because I'm not as lean as I want to be before I start bulking again (lean bulking this time), but I think I might vanish into non-existence from that weight loss. I'm below 10% but I want to get to ~7%. Is it worth it, is it necessary? I've read that it's good do be lean as possible for optimal muscle gain and less side effects.

Haydenz is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    imo, 10% is a perfect % to start re feeding and bulking again, 7% is competition and is hard to maintain 10/12% is very easy to control. But it is personal preference i guess, but 7% youll have to be eating super strict and be doing a fair amount of cardio

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Below 10% starts to become unhealthy, if you're not prepping for a show it's completely unnecessary to go that low and risk your health. IMO start bulking, I can't wait to get back to bulking lol only another 5-6% bf..

uhit is offline Member
    Im lean bulking and I started at 14%. But I only have a short term goal so I'm not worried about my body comp at the moment. Will probably cut down from new years until summer and hopefully get down from 16% (what i think i'll be by then) to around 10-11%

Thread Information