I've been trying to buy a car for nearly a year, and gave up on what I wanted bc I couldn't find the right vehicle, so I have changed my mind and am looking for a different make and model.

The problems is that they come with run flats, and I am not excited about that.

One, I really want a full size spare that I can change if I get a leak or flat. Two, I hear that since the sidewalls are so firm and that makes the ride so jarring that they use a softer compound on the tread, which wears out quickly - I see people saying they need to replace from 10k-30k miles (expense, annoyance spending time dealing with tyres). Third, this is also going to affect suspension wear I imagine. Fourth, I care immensely about handling, and I hear the handling and feel is decreased with run flats, and some people they handle very poorly in wet conditions (england is like a wet towelette of a country).

Is there anything really good about run flats? All I can think of is the remote chance of a blow out.

Otherwise, if I buy the car, and replace the run flats with proper rubber all around, are there any problems with a) warranty, b) tyre pressure sensors, c) rims - do I need new ones, or can I fit non RFTs on rims made for RFs? and d) suspension being adjusted to be used with RFs?

Any info or advice?