View Poll Results: What pisses you off THE MOST at the gym?

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting for equipment

73 23.03%
  • People asking when you'll be "done with that"

34 10.73%
  • People that offer bad advice

60 18.93%
  • Bad Music

82 25.87%
  • Kids that get in the way

31 9.78%
  • Other

37 11.67%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Wow, my poll is alive again!

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    Funny this poll showed up...I just joined a gym after training at home for the past year. I had forgotten what it was like, but I missed the atmosphere of being in a gym, the mirrors, and they have a lot more weight than I have at home.

Of course, first day there I get glares from some asshat that works there, as if I am some dickwad for joining the gym. I'm not huge, but I am a lot bigger than this fat ass "personal trainer". Worse than that, he goes around rubbing the shoulders of all the female employees. Annoying as hell.

Then I run into skinny boy and fat bastard. Terrible form, lifting too much weight, screaming the whole time, and staring at me. Again, I am not a huge guy, but it annoyed me nonetheless.

And finally, KIDS. I'm doing legs, and there is like 800lbs on the leg press. Some fat little 15yr old kid sits in the seat while I am up, and tries to push it off the safety catch. I almost puched his dumb ass. I could just see his knees being driven through his ribcage.

Sh1t, one more thing. The girl that wears a white spandex top with no bra. All the guys hang out by her, and crowd the hell out of the area, and it really ruins my concentration. Go pick up guys somewhere else!

VitaminT2 is offline Associate Member
    nothing pisses me off more than seeing people throw weight around or seeing a person having way too much weight and only moving like 5% of their range of motion

I hate ppl that will take up the cable cross overs and do like 15 sets with like 10 min breaks inbetween and not let u sub in

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    I get pissed off when people are sitting on equipment and bullshitting instead of using it. This is screwed up especially if you're waiting for that piece of equipment and you start losing momentum in your workout from waiting for them to get off ot it!

Brown_Bear73 is offline New Member
    Nothin pissed me off more than he time I was in the middle of my set of power cleans up at my school and the womens volleyball team came in early. I have some heavy shit just blasting on the stereo while I got like the peak of my pyramid going on, and they come in and turn the radio off and start in with there stupid cheers and peppy talk that women of that age do to each other. I wanted to walk over there and plant a dumbell right in there coaches forehead for bringing his team in early.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hehe, those are some shitty situations!!!

In terms of the equipement being WASTED, lucky for me, since I workout at the University gym, more then 75% of the people there are nice. They share all the equipment, they don't mind you working in, and usually quite polite with each other. Then again, that's Canada all together!!! HAHAHAH!!!

But if they are wasting time, sitting at a machine, walk straight up and say "I neeeeed to use that machine" and if he gives you shit...well, no need to get pissed off, cause most likely the person won't say something stupid in the first place, ESPECIALLY if your a regular at that gym, cause he'll just be screwing up his own reputation.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Its has to be the music where i train. It is my university and it happens to cater to older people in the morning. Shit man. I cannot listen to Elton Friggin John when i am trying to tihrow some weight up. Shit man. Alanis Morisset and Rod Stewart are not real great motivaters. "isnt it Ironic". Shut that fuckin yap hole and play some Pantera. Oh, and i hate those weenie shit heads strolling around in Wife beaters with there 13 inch excuses for human cells hanging from the holes. Well, if they are trying, then more power to them. But it is mostly those idiot that go in there, hoot and hollar and stare at everybody. Eat me.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    It happened a few weeks ago. I almost forgot about it. I am very diligent and focussed gymrat in my previous gym. I was watching a lady doing one arm lifts for her back and suddenly I heard this cocky jerk calling me faggot!!!

Well I nearly slammed my 40 pounds weight on his lap!!!

Obviously he has not seen enough of faggots!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    That makes no sense, what da fuck is wrong with people these days!!!

Geeeeeeezus freakout, I wouldn't have been able to control myself in a situation like that, especially IN THE GYM, i'd end up grabbing a 10 pound plate, and wrap my fingers into the whole nyce and tight AND SMASH IT OVER HIS FUCKEN HEAD!!!

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    damnamn, some of that shit s freakn hilarious.

For me its only a couple of things. 1. I get pissed the fuck off when people are in there htink they are better then anyone else, and the min you try and ask them a ?, or ask them if you can work in, they give you a stare like get away form me you turdy shit! its like what the fuck man, i might not be able to put a 110 lb dumbls on inclines but mother fuker you better bet your asss i am busting my ass to get there. Who the fuck r u too look down on me? Yha know. i hate the shit.

The other thing that pisses me off, is when you get htose little turds coming in in groups of freakn 15. COming in like they own the freakn place. I mean don't get me wrong. I love oging with friends and stuff but i mean you guys have to know what i am talking about, The loud mouth kids, who come in start yelling across the gym. AH YO MIKEY, YO WHATS UP MAN. YOU AMN THAT PARTY LAST NGIHT WAS WHACK!!!! i mean mother fucker do you goitta yell across the fucking gym. Do you htink that thats gonna make you look "cool" in my eyes. go up to the guuy and talk to him Jesus. thats really about it. Imean music and shit you can';t hellp cause there are sooo many people with different tastes. yah knowmn

Oh wait 1 last hthing. Its those guuys who freakn yell and scream and throw the wieghts when their lifting. I mean those guys who you know they can put up like 100 lbs dumbels on onclines . They are doing a warm up of like 40 lbs dbells.. and they are yelling and screaming, throwing the wieghts down. Its like man, yeah sometimes i will drop the wieghts but thats when freakn like my muscles fails form excerescion. why in the world would you go throwing weights around. Shit man Your the one that is gonna be using them, why the hell would you wanna damage them?? Its the dumbet thing. And the bloody screaming. Its a one floor gym. your warming up? is there a need ofr that? I mean ok i'll groan, but thats usuall on the last reps of my last set.

I don't get people. at all. I mean like seriously man sometiems i just wanna be like,,, what the frekn hell is going through your head>??

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Darkknight442
    damnamn, some of that shit s freakn hilarious.

For me its only a couple of things. 1. I get pissed the fuck off when people are in there htink they are better then anyone else, and the min you try and ask them a ?, or ask them if you can work in, they give you a stare like get away form me you turdy shit! its like what the fuck man, i might not be able to put a 110 lb dumbls on inclines but mother fuker you better bet your asss i am busting my ass to get there. Who the fuck r u too look down on me? Yha know. i hate the shit.

The other thing that pisses me off, is when you get htose little turds coming in in groups of freakn 15. COming in like they own the freakn place. I mean don't get me wrong. I love oging with friends and stuff but i mean you guys have to know what i am talking about, The loud mouth kids, who come in start yelling across the gym. AH YO MIKEY, YO WHATS UP MAN. YOU AMN THAT PARTY LAST NGIHT WAS WHACK!!!! i mean mother fucker do you goitta yell across the fucking gym. Do you htink that thats gonna make you look "cool" in my eyes. go up to the guuy and talk to him Jesus. thats really about it. Imean music and shit you can';t hellp cause there are sooo many people with different tastes. yah knowmn

Oh wait 1 last hthing. Its those guuys who freakn yell and scream and throw the wieghts when their lifting. I mean those guys who you know they can put up like 100 lbs dumbels on onclines . They are doing a warm up of like 40 lbs dbells.. and they are yelling and screaming, throwing the wieghts down. Its like man, yeah sometimes i will drop the wieghts but thats when freakn like my muscles fails form excerescion. why in the world would you go throwing weights around. Shit man Your the one that is gonna be using them, why the hell would you wanna damage them?? Its the dumbet thing. And the bloody screaming. Its a one floor gym. your warming up? is there a need ofr that? I mean ok i'll groan, but thats usuall on the last reps of my last set.

I don't get people. at all. I mean like seriously man sometiems i just wanna be like,,, what the frekn hell is going through your head>??
    dude, you need to chill out man.....lol...otherwise your gonna someone.
    J/k, I totally know how you feel....i hate those middle aged people that just come there and lift some weights by doing it TOTALLY WRONG!!! It's just painful to see them later complain about their back and shit...of course your back is gonna hurt if your doing it wrong

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    What pisses me off at the gym is that the trainer's think they are top dawg and know everything. They act like they are ballers. They walk around with their chests all puffed out, while their love handles are dragging on the floor behind them like a wedding gown. Get a life. No one likes you, go home.

Papa man you are freakn hilarious. I just don't like trainers cause yeah your right they are know it alls. How the freakn hell do they know your body works??? damn right. How?

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    Definitely have to agree wholeheartedly with BigAl and TNT. But, I just gotta add one more thing to this. AS grows on trees out here-it seems like every dumbass has some. In the gyms, this equates to a bunch of malformed idiots who hang out FOR HOURS and talk a big game. They get no results from their lame-ass workouts and decide to double up on their next cycle.
    No kids, good thing. I wear headphones. I hate when people stare. I hate it when a prissy little manager tries to advise me against any heavy/power lifting.

Big Show 23 Guest

Not sure if this has been mentioned

People who don't use deoderant/anti-perspirant.It's not very pleasing when you can walk past a machine, and you can smell the distinctive scent of someone's foul body odour

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    i hate the 140 pound "muscle men" or this really gets me some guys that put on 315 on bench and cannot do it once they lift it off and their buddy basically upright rows the weight for him 5 times and then the guy benching stands up and flairs his chest in the mirror....eeeeerrrrrrrrrr thats when I go to their bench in front of them and do 315 about 25 times complete cold and thank them for the warm up....

lkol lol bencher thats funny... damn man your the sam age as me, and i doubt i can put up 315 even once. thats good shit, show them damn show offs whoe the real lifters are

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I hate it when people come in the gym and just sit on the machine do like maybe 3 reps and then sit there and look around watching people. I can't help myself, I walk over and I say "it won't move by itself."

Another thing I hate is when guys hog dumbbells. I'm trying to do shoulders and these guys have ever set of dumbbells from 50-75 lined up next to them. I ask if I can grab the 65s for a set and the guy says no, we're going to use these and he has the 50s in his hands just getting started for chest. I picked up the weights and told him I'll be done with this set even before you reach 55.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    What pisses me off is when someone says, "By the end of summer, you watch, I'm gonna be just as big as you." Wtf. Do they think that 2 months of training and being no-nothings on nutrition are going to help them? Pisses me right off. If it was that easy, everyone would be a machine by using the Bowflex. Suck my a$$.

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    What pisses me off at the gym is that the trainer's think they are top dawg and know everything. They act like they are ballers. They walk around with their chests all puffed out, while their love handles are dragging on the floor behind them like a wedding gown. Get a life. No one likes you, go home.

thats the tuth.... I was doing shoulder shrugs with 120 dbells and the trainer comes over and starts spotting me?!?!?!? Im thinking "am I struggling" or "is my form bad" then I started laughing because this was funny shit. If you could only see this guy come up behind me in the mirror. I guess he meant well but geez, what a jack.

PAPA.... The MOD thats it I promise to spend more time on the board if I can be a mod
    guess it dont work that way???

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Here lately what pisses me off most is

EVERYONE cannot stop with staring. I am not ripped by any means, hell im still a bit fat.

But they watch my every move for some reason. free weights,machines,streching,treadmill... hell if i know

i am sorry buddha. well i do not stare i glance sometimes, just to look at people from and shit yah know. everyone has a different way of doing stuff. I admit though i am guilty of that. but only if they are oding osmehting i have never seeyah know\

Kingpin is offline New Member
    All the yelling and unnessesary throwing around of weights. Be real you just lifted it so put it down without slamming it to get attention.

skid is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Carlos_E
    I hate it when people come in the gym and just sit on the machine do like maybe 3 reps and then sit there and look around watching people. I can't help myself, I walk over and I say "it won't move by itself."
    That's a good one, Carlos!

I guess I've got a pretty good gym (the one I go to most of the time), and a 24-hour Sport at that! everyone pretty much keeps to themselves, is quite, courteous, respectful, etc ... but my gripes:

some schmos fail to unrack the chest and back machines, but I can deal with that ... and I just laugh at the dorks who swing the barbell (or only curl the upper half) 'cause they're going WAY too heavy ...

BUT FER CHRYSTS SAKE, PUT THE G*D-D*MN*D DUMBELLS BACK IN THEIR CORRECT SPOT! SEE THAT NUMBER "35" ON THE 'BELL? IT MATCHES THAT LITTLE "35" ON THE RACK! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF FINDING THE 70s BETWEEN THE 90s and 100s, OR ONE 55 HERE AND THE OTHER AT THE FAR END OF THE RACK!

not only that, but something I keep seeing at the other Sport I work out at on my school nites ...

OK, SO YOU'VE GOT A HUGE SCHLONG ... YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE YOUR ENTIRE SHOWER FACING ME JUST TO MAKE SURE I SEE IT. I'M NOT COMING ANY WHERE *NEAR* THAT THING, SO TURN THE F*CK AROUND!

and another thing (I really thought I was done) ...

IF YOU WANT TO WORK IN, JUST ASK!!! STOP HOVERING AROUND WITH THAT G-D EXPECTANT OR IMPATIENT LOOK ON YOUR FACE WAITING FOR ME TO INVITE YOU ON!!! HOW THE F*CK DO *I* KNOW WHICH MACHINE OR BENCH YOU WANT???

and finally

ALL BUT ONE OF THE TRAINERS AT MY CLUB ARE A-HOLES!! THEY WALK AROUND LIKE HOT SHIT (MOST OF THEM ARE SMALLER THAN ME) WITH THIS TOTAL ATTITUDE LIKE THEY'RE TOO GOOD TO TALK TO ANYONE BUT THEIR CLIENT. GET OVER YOURSELVES! I'M MAKING A CRAPLOAD MORE MONEY THAN YOU, TOO!

ok, I think I'm done - whew, great therapy though!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    SKID

LOL right on bro!

There is another thing that pisses me off. When guys see me working out and see all of my cuts or abs. And they say things to each other loud enough for me to hear, "He has those cuts cause it's genetic" totally dismissing the amount of work I put in and the strict diet I stick too. When I hear them say stuff like that I respond "No mofo! It's hard work you should try it!"

Another one! There is this guy at my gym, I don't even know the guys name and he compares himself to me. Like he'll walk over to whatever machine or station I'm at and will stand next to me and look at himself in the mirror. Like if I'm doing arms he stands there and flexes his arms and turns sideways to compare. He does it every single time I see him in the gym. Drives me nuts!!!!

And another thing! Don't fucking talk to me if I'm in the middle of my set or have my head phones on. Matter of fact... Don't talk to me PERIOD!

skid is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    SKID

LOL right on bro!

and Carlos - comments like that would piss me off too (not like I have the abs ... yet!) "genetics" my ass ... shows how closed-minded and bass-ackwards some people can be - you have THE BEST comebacks!

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    I can't stand the people that workout with 1/4 of the correct form. There was this guy that was doing a bent over row and towards the end of his reps it turned into an upright row. These people that spend all there time on the bench and have huge guts held in by weight belts, why don't they ever even try to do abs, or mabey a little cardio?. I think I've caught myself staring a couple of times, it was only cause they guy was so cut I wanted to see what he was doing to get that way. My bad. Oh yea... if someone came over to my house and used my weights, I would beat their ass if they threw them around like some of these people do in the gym.

metzger66 is offline Associate Member

People who piss me off!

Watching some kid sit on the pulldown machine for a hour talking on his cell phone. Guys who come do maybe a set of 6 and then stroll around flexing and checking out everything with a hole. Then come back up and do another set of six of a totally different exercise...

metz

I hate women who go to the gym everyday and you never see them pick up anything higher than a 5 pound weight and doing like 100 reps. Like that'll actually do something besides take up gym space.

Gene is offline Associate Member
    People who tell me to put my shirt back on everytime I workout without a shirt. Don't mean to sound cocky, but the beaches here in NYC are an exhibition of obesity, so don't get bitchy when a single-digit bf person has his shirt off!!!!

Guys who warmup for legs day with a conversation about how they don't do squats. Then they run and bike for 30 minutes, 1000 reps of abs for another 30 minutes. Waste of gym space!

140 pounds guys who say "I don't need to get bigger".

guys who make me surprised to hear that they'vee worked out in the past 5 years

People who say shit so preposterously stupid about training/nutrition that even Ripley’s Believe It or Not would be like “no way!”

Peeps doing flat bench while their spotter is developing a world-class set of trapz and biceps just spotting them.

People who like to have conversations. Don't talk to me, I don't care about you!!!

"How do I gain weight?"
    "Eating 6-8 times a day? What are you crazy? I can't do that..."

When I go for a drink, come back and my fuckin bench is gone !!^%$#, or someone sits at the machine I was using and keeps sitting there between his sets. Come on fat shit I gotta go too!

Same women who are ALWAYS on the treadmill !!!

one word -- ignorance.

And yea... people... I don't like them either!!!

regards,
    Gene

Drizzt is offline New Member
    Originally posted by skid

OK, SO YOU'VE GOT A HUGE SCHLONG ... YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE YOUR ENTIRE SHOWER FACING ME JUST TO MAKE SURE I SEE IT. I'M NOT COMING ANY WHERE *NEAR* THAT THING, SO TURN THE F*CK AROUND!

Hands down brother that shit had me laughing so hard I almost spit my drink on my keyboard.

Drizz

TheGame826 is offline Member
    irritates me when i see some guy who weighs over 200 and doesnt have a single cut in his body but acts like hes in the best physical shape. and also when guys act like dicks for no reason, i just feel like punching them in the face.

Lady Viking is offline Female Member
    Kids that get in the way

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Bump for the newbies!

harl is offline Associate Member
    Hey were did this poll come from

Ok what bugs me at the gym...

1.The loud slow dance music when im tring to have a intense workout.
    2.The flat bench poser with his 365lbs on the bar that does four reps in two hours, and on top of that there only half reps. Wants everone to see
    the BIG lift i quess? This is the only thing i see this guy doing the flat bench.
    3.The 120lb kids sporting there little sisters white t shirt with the sleaves rolled up to there neck hogging the SQUAT RACK doing there 65lb curls.ITS like hello there is like a whole rack over set up for stright bar curls.
    4.The clowns that have to yell on the top of there lungs when they lift anything. Its like you might want to put some weight on there if your going to make all that noise?
    5.The fkn lurkers that are all up in your workout stairing at you. Its like wtf are you looking at homo?
    6.Molly miss marathon running on the tred mill for 2 hrs.
    7.The people that insist turning on 10 fans when doing there cardio. Isnt the hole idea of cardio is to work up a sweat? Usally dosnt bother me except when im down wind from there stank asses and there wind tunnel test is cooling me off.
    8.The juicers that claim there roid free but at the same time they brag how they put on 75lbs of muscle in one year ya ok
    9.The 50 year old pervert stairing at the 12 year old girls on the stair climber.
    10.All the newbees/new years res people that flock to the gym and do nothing but take up space.
    11.The people that swarm around the bench press all eww'en and ahh'ing when someone has 405 on the bar.....to bad the dude weighs 350 not impressed sorry i walk right by.
    There more but cant think of them right now....
    Last edited by harl; 02-25-2003 at 07:25 PM.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    I do program for new comer at my gym and someone once told me :
    I want to gain some mass but i dont want to be a gay ass bodybuilder...
    Last edited by Aguro; 02-25-2003 at 10:33 PM.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I went to the gym today and there was this tall, lanky guy on the cables doing isolated tri's.... A guy friend of mine asked him, "How many sets do you have left?" And THIS littla ass dude said, "Ten...." I turned around and asked, "Did you say TEN? He said SETS not REPS...." But the dude was serious! TEN freakin' SETS left.. THAT crap pisses me off - especially when I'm bigger than they are and it's obvious they don't know what the hell they're doing!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

chevy44 is offline Member
    what i hate most is those skinny "wannabe thugs" kids who dont know a DAMN thing abuot what they're doing, they come in they're, denim jeans, and wife beaters, walk around and disrespect the females, i also hate those fags that stare all the time, like they've never seen a 16 yr old bench 300lbs

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information