Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Cop Pulls Gun and Manhandles Black Teen Girl at Pool Party

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    My issue is the unequal application and enforcement of the laws here. If he wanted to arrest her for failure to obey a lawful order (to disperse) he was within the law to do so. However, the girl was following his command and dispersing. An officer should never arrest someone because he feels "disrespected," he has no right to not have his feelings hurt, and even less so as a public servant. Whether or not you get arrested should NEVER depend on your 'attitude,' and should ONLY be dependent on the FACTS of a contact. 'Respecting your elders,' and this other nonsense is inconsequential.

With that being said, even though the decision to arrest her was not justified, once he made the decision to do so, and issued the command that she was under arrest, it was her obligation to comply. Because of qualified immunity and good faith, even though his arrest was unlawful, his order was not, and therefore should have been obeyed, and she did resist arrest (a lawful command).

So, lets only look at these videos through a legal framework, and please leave the platitudes and offended sensibilities for your backyard BBQ's.
    j3374 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joco71 View Post
    I know when I was teenager I was brought up to respect my elders and to respect the law. I can't imagine me or my friends running around touching the officer yelling profanities at the law resisting what they are asking of us. Cops always came to all the parties we were at when we were that age. The only kids that ever got into trouble were the one's that didn't respect the law officers or were just acting like punks. Alot of bad situations would be avoided by just obeying the cops request. no not all cops are perfect but the mass majority have good intentions. The other boys were sitting on the ground no one was bothering them. But when you think your above the law and think the cop has no juristiction over you in chaotic situation that you put yourself in your wrong. Cops are here to protect and serve and that means enforce the law that we the people vote on. JMO
    Because whether or not you get arrested and end up with a criminal record affecting your future employment opportunities for the next 10 years of your life should be dependent on how well you stroke the ego of a government servant, and not on the facts?

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Here's the bigger problem..... The lack of proper course (legal system) and more uprising will only add fuel and make the situation even worse. The more crazy people act - the more the government will push back.
    And that is exactly what the government is hoping for so they can militarize the police.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Never mind. I think a lot of what people believe to be the right answer can definitely be swayed by where they live, work and spend there time. What I may think seems to be ok, someone else may not.

Safety is the number one priority of all officers. Without knowing the history of the area, the youth, the officer and exactly what had happened earlier that day and out of camera view... Nobody can make a definite answer on what was just and what was not.
    Last edited by Brett N; 06-09-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    My issue is the unequal application and enforcement of the laws here. If he wanted to arrest her for failure to obey a lawful order (to disperse) he was within the law to do so. However, the girl was following his command and dispersing. An officer should never arrest someone because he feels "disrespected," he has no right to not have his feelings hurt, and even less so as a public servant. Whether or not you get arrested should NEVER depend on your 'attitude,' and should ONLY be dependent on the FACTS of a contact. 'Respecting your elders,' and this other nonsense is inconsequential.

With that being said, even though the decision to arrest her was not justified, once he made the decision to do so, and issued the command that she was under arrest, it was her obligation to comply. Because of qualified immunity and good faith, even though his arrest was unlawful, his order was not, and therefore should have been obeyed, and she did resist arrest (a lawful command).

So, lets only look at these videos through a legal framework, and please leave the platitudes and offended sensibilities for your backyard BBQ's.
    Your way off base with not thinking core value doesn't play a huge part in these situations. People that have good core values and respect for others and the law very rarely find themselves in these situations and that's a fact you can count on. Also you would always be welcome to a BBQ at my place and there never would be situation like that involved no worries!! I suround myself with like minded individuals who respect one another and the law. Just my .02

Your way off base with not thinking core value doesn't play a huge part in these situations. People that have good core values and respect for others and the law very rarely find themselves in these situations and that's a fact you can count on. Also you would always be welcome to a BBQ at my place and there never would be situation like that involved no worries!! I suround myself with like minded individuals who respect one another and the law. Just my .02
    That sounds nice to say, but then that implies that you think the minorities as well as people (of any race) from a lower socioeconomic background are devoid of 'core values' and 'respect for others.' If not, then how else would you explain the disproportionate use of force, arrest, and incarceration of people who belong to the aforementioned groups?

I am a libertarian, so I tend to see people as individuals in almost all circumstances. However, the criminal justice system and the enforcement arm of it, are not libertarian, and they DO see people as belonging to groups. So, something must explain the inequity that they are subject to in the criminal justice system. I am an advocate of police, but of them performing the function for which they were hired, in an equitable and constitutional fashion. So I will not excuse an officer for an unequal application of the law just because a little girl hurt his ego and had the audacity to exercise constitutionally protected speech in front of him, in the process of her following his lawful order.

It's nice to respect a police officer, but it is not legally required, and should never be grounds for an officer arresting someone he otherwise wouldn't.
    j3374 likes this.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds nice to say, but then that implies that you think the minorities as well as people (of any race) from a lower socioeconomic background are devoid of 'core values' and 'respect for others.' If not, then how else would you explain the disproportionate use of force, arrest, and incarceration of people who belong to the aforementioned groups?

I am a libertarian, so I tend to see people as individuals in almost all circumstances. However, the criminal justice system and the enforcement arm of it, are not libertarian, and they DO see people as belonging to groups. So, something must explain the inequity that they are subject to in the criminal justice system. I am an advocate of police, but of them performing the function for which they were hired, in an equitable and constitutional fashion. So I will not excuse an officer for an unequal application of the law just because a little girl hurt his ego and had the audacity to exercise constitutionally protected speech in front of him, in the process of her following his lawful order.

It's nice to respect a police officer, but it is not legally required, and should never be grounds for an officer arresting someone he otherwise wouldn't.
    I also agree that you shouldn't be arrested unless you break the law regardless of your manners. Core values and respect has nothing do with how much money you earn or where you live or what color your skin is it comes from how you are brought and being of age of knowing right from wrong which those kids were. What I'm trying to convey is if all those kids weren't acting like that and charging at the officer and acting like normal people would. That the outcome would have been way different.

P.S. I respect your opinion.
    Last edited by Joco71; 06-09-2015 at 02:13 PM.

I also agree that you shouldn't be arrested unless you break the law regardless of your manners. Core values and respect has nothing do with how much money you earn or where you live or what color your skin is it comes from how you are brought and being of age of knowing right from wrong which those kids were. What I'm trying to convey is if all those kids weren't acting like that and charging at the officer and acting like normal people would. That the outcome would have been way different.

P.S. I respect your opinion.
    I understand the tenets of what you're saying. However, the girl in question here was not charging at the officer, she was obeying a lawful command at the time, while simultaneously exercising protected 1A speech. I think he was justified in drawing his weapon when the two gentlemen looked like they were about to assault him, but their actions have nothing to do with the girls.

I'm thinking this topic has ran its course for me. Have fun.
    Last edited by Brett N; 06-09-2015 at 04:03 PM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I understand the tenets of what you're saying. However, the girl in question here was not charging at the officer, she was obeying a lawful command at the time, while simultaneously exercising protected 1A speech. I think he was justified in drawing his weapon when the two gentlemen looked like they were about to assault him, but their actions have nothing to do with the girls.
    Ok so I am not the only one that noticed this as well. I dont think his drawing of his gun had anything at all to do with the girl either. I think it had everything to do with the one guy in particular that came running at him from behind raising his hand in an aggressive manner.
    God knows I have more than a moderate dislike for most law enforcement but I saw this as well and while I was surprised he drew his weapon I do not see him as being out of line for doing so and I dont think it had anything at all to do with the girl or her actions.

Blog Entries
    Who gives a f*ck if a cop was a little rougher than what was perfectly 100% correct for that instance it's much harder to make in-the-moment decisions when violence is reported than one over a computer screen would think...This girl is not hurt at all and none of these other people were injured by the cop either sounds more like the media is trying to cover up the fact that there was violence at this innocent pool party and they want to ignore and dismiss the peoples serious offenses so they can focus on something small because stuff like this is trending they can feed much more off of that and pull more race cards out and pull out more cop cruelty sh*t out of their @ss and ignore the real offenses taking place and dismiss them just like they've done with every single one of these stories in the news this, and last year.
    Brett N likes this.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    Who gives a f*ck if a cop was a little rougher than what was perfectly 100% correct for that instance it's much harder to make in-the-moment decisions when violence is reported than one over a computer screen would think...This girl is not hurt at all and none of these other people were injured by the cop either sounds more like the media is trying to cover up the fact that there was violence at this innocent pool party and they want to ignore and dismiss the peoples serious offenses so they can focus on something small because stuff like this is trending they can feed much more off of that and pull more race cards out and pull out more cop cruelty sh*t out of their @ss and ignore the real offenses taking place and dismiss them just like they've done with every single one of these stories in the news this, and last year.
    In all fairness I didnt see any "serious offenses" taking place. I saw a bunch of kids running around yelling. As is the norm the truth lies in the middle. The media is blowing it out of proportion as are you by slinging around the "serious offenses" BS.
    The truth lies in the middle. The sad part is anyoone that did do anything wrong enough to be in trouble with the law got away with it and people like this girl got caught up in it and now appear to be in trouble, along with the cop. Do I think he should lose his job, no f*cking way. Do I think that girl should be facing any charges, no f*cking way. There is enough serious shit going on that our time and energy should be focused on instead of worrying about a teen pool party thatgot a bit out of hand for cripes sake.
    austinite and Joco71 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    In all fairness I didnt see any "serious offenses" taking place. I saw a bunch of kids running around yelling. As is the norm the truth lies in the middle. The media is blowing it out of proportion as are you by slinging around the "serious offenses" BS.
    The truth lies in the middle. The sad part is anyoone that did do anything wrong enough to be in trouble with the law got away with it and people like this girl got caught up in it and now appear to be in trouble, along with the cop. Do I think he should lose his job, no f*cking way. Do I think that girl should be facing any charges, no f*cking way. There is enough serious shit going on that our time and energy should be focused on instead of worrying about a teen pool party thatgot a bit out of hand for cripes sake.
    The serious offenses actually had nothing to do with the girl. There were two girls beating a mother who had 3 kids in the middle of a parking lot. They were doing an unauthorized 15 dollar a person pool party in the middle of a community that didn't have that authorized they didn't have permission to do that. They were disturbing the peace with their music as well EASILY. It just makes me angry because when i would hang out with a bunch of my friends in a similar setting there would just be loud music and lots of people no fighting or crimes and we'd still get in trouble from the cops because we were disturbing the peace etc. and we'd have to leave and people under-age drinking would get into some trouble etc. and there was some police contact as well. But since there is nothing trending among us, we are not a minority, we don't get an easy escape route. The kids who have to go to court and still have court cases going on (some of my friends) for these things, didn't have something to bail them out. The officer resigned BTW..Just so you know

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The girl was later released..... Never charged
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I just read the police officer resigned which will allow him pension and benefits. Internal investigation closed. Criminal investigation pending.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, he resigned. The police chief stated at the news conference that his actions were indefensible. One thing that stands out about this incident compared to many other news stories over the past year, where the police normally back their own that is not happening in this case at the same extent. No, this story is nowhere near as serious as some of the others since no life was lost, and I'm not implying that.

One thing I hate about this story is finding myself somewhat on the side of the insane liberals who use this kind of thing to stoke unrest, but while I agree in principle that it was wrong it's for different reasons. As a country, we've become dependent on everything, so much so that when those things we depend on are put in a bad light because of their improper actions or outcomes we will still defend them because of our dependency. Police are only an authority when you're actually breaking a true law, not when you're being as ass, not when you're being rude and not when you're being annoying. But our dependency on everything continues to give police and government in general more power. When we give authority we lose our own and we always lose more than we give.

The way some people talk in support of the cop in this incident, they way they speak of cops in general, I'm nearly convinced that society would throw the 3rd Amendment out the window if officers came to their door saying they needed a place to stay. And when the home owner said no and tried to close the door, people would say "you defied a direct order from a policemen, you should show more respect, he's your authority" - complete ridiculousness but that's where we're at, complete ridiculousness.

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    Officer Resigns and his actions are not defended by the chief or department: McKinney Officer Resigns Amid Pool Party Investigation! | New Video

The reason the officer resigned and the department acted like they didn't back him has 0 to do with right and wrong. It happened because that is what society wanted to happen. If it didn't happen, you would get what happened in Ferguson, MO and what happened in LA in 92. I fn' hate pulling race into this but that is exactly what happens everytime you have a white cop and a black victim. (This "victim" was actually fairly innocent compared to the other 2 referenced) Black communities (not as a whole but groups within) in lower economic areas tend to get violent when they don't feel there is just ice in cases like this. Justice is not what is foundm in a courtroom, it's whatever they deem to be right.

I was in or around both those places when things went south and felt first hand how violent it can become. It's ridiculous reactions to bad events that cause responses like this one. Officer resigning and ruining his career after reacting in poor judgement to a pool party break up.

[QUOTE="Brett N"]The reason the officer resigned and the department acted like they didn't back him has 0 to do with right and wrong.[QUOTE]

I would have to agree with this statement.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    why did he feel the need to pull his gun on unarmed upset kids and curse like a sailor I honestly don't care how mad he is its is his job to keep a cool head
    I think the cop was legitimately scared when those dudes ran at him.

and the pool party hit social media and many (well over 50) teenagers were jumping the fence to get into the community pool. Home owners called the cops when security could not handle the situation. Teenagers were asked to leave. "Given a lawful order by Police Officer" and ignored it. My teen years were just over a decade ago, and if cop said the following
    leave- I was gone
    Sit down- I sat immediately
    Be quite- I shut the f up
    Joco71 likes this.

When we give authority we lose our own and we always lose more than we give. -Metalject

Love this!

When I ask for authority it is because my authority is no longer strong enough to handle the given situation. If I can't control the situation, I will gladly give up my authority to someone who has the power to get it under control.

Matal's comment is completely true and I agree with it. I just don't look at it as something that is always bad.

Now they say the cop is in hiding due to death threats. They need to track down every one who made a threat and charge them.

I think a fund me should be started for the cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    The reason the officer resigned and the department acted like they didn't back him has 0 to do with right and wrong. It happened because that is what society wanted to happen. If it didn't happen, you would get what happened in Ferguson, MO and what happened in LA in 92. I fn' hate pulling race into this but that is exactly what happens everytime you have a white cop and a black victim. (This "victim" was actually fairly innocent compared to the other 2 referenced) Black communities (not as a whole but groups within) in lower economic areas tend to get violent when they don't feel there is just ice in cases like this. Justice is not what is foundm in a courtroom, it's whatever they deem to be right.

I was in or around both those places when things went south and felt first hand how violent it can become. It's ridiculous reactions to bad events that cause responses like this one. Officer resigning and ruining his career after reacting in poor judgement to a pool party break up.

The race element can be very annoying - does that kind of thing exist, of course, just as it does to some extent in all areas of life. Always has and always will because there will always be idiots who walk the earth as long as the earth exists. But when you consider things like the Baltimore incident, although the zealots still scream race (zealots are also idiots) it's hard to truly say race is the problem when half of the involved officers were black and so is most of the department including the chief.

The issue I have when it comes to the overall police argument is that of how much rope should be given, how much authority should be allowed. Something we have long forgotten (slowly but continually over time) the entire point of the U.S. is so that man can be his own authority. That is literally the entire point. It doesn't exist so that we can have it all and feel completely safe at all times in every last situation...at the rate we're going we'll one day have a police force that protects us from house flies. Yes, some measure of protection is needed but every last law for our protection that is created cannot exist without giving up some measure of freedom. You cannot give authority to someone else if you didn't first hold it.

The overall point, there are instances and situations that we should be able to handle ourselves. Unfortunately, we've created a world where we often legally can't. Do or say almost anything and you're breaking the law. How much better would society be if law enforcement spent all of its time chasing down murders, stopping large scale crime such as mass fraud, child sex trade, etc. rather than most of their time on petty BS? Again, unfortunately (once again, unfortunately) we've asked for them to take care of all this petty stuff because we're too fat and lazy, too incompetent and ignorant, and simply increasingly pathetic to do it ourselves.

One of my favorite quotes: Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.

When I ask for authority it is because my authority is no longer strong enough to handle the given situation. If I can't control the situation, I will gladly give up my authority to someone who has the power to get it under control.

Matal's comment is completely true and I agree with it. I just don't look at it as something that is always bad.
    In many instances our authority isn't strong enough because we've given it away.

Metalject, I too get tired of the same ole bullshit race card being thrown but it happens in almost every incident involving a black youth and a white officer. I was working in Jennings, MO during the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO. I had to drive through Ferguson to get on the highway to go home. I drove by burning buildings and rioters that were gathered along the main street. It was not a comfortable feeling. I always left enough distance between the car in front of me so I could get the hell out of there in a bind.

I definitely think there is some profiling when it comes to the poorer black communities. Right or wrong, I believe the profiling works to a point. But, when you push a community too ahrd and they have absolutely nothing really to lose, they will get very violent. That's the main reason why these riots and crap don't happen in white suburbia, we all worked our asses off to get what little we do own and pay taxes on. We sure and the hell don't want to lose it.

I think in some communities, we don't need officers. I tell people to slow down on my own street. I have knocked on doors letting parents know their kids were driving fast. Honestly, in communities like Ferguson, I don't believe there is any amount of policing that will fix the situation and I have absolute belief in the fact that they would not police themselves.

I think in some communities, we don't need officers. I tell people to slow down on my own street. I have knocked on doors letting parents know their kids were driving fast. Honestly, in communities like Ferguson, I don't believe there is any amount of policing that will fix the situation and I have absolute belief in the fact that they would not police themselves.
    You're at least partially right. There is no amount of policing that will fix the situation. The only thing that will fix the situation is to end the drug war and decriminalize all drugs, and end prison terms for possession of said drugs. The drug war is simply a war on poor people and minorities. Before you respond, you should consider I'm a registered Republican.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    You're at least partially right. There is no amount of policing that will fix the situation. The only thing that will fix the situation is to end the drug war and decriminalize all drugs, and end prison terms for possession of said drugs.

Lets not forget some responsible parenting....
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Republican or democrat really makes no difference to me. I walk both lines and agree with matters in both sides and disagree with an equal amount. I think government aid is just as much to blame as drugs, prison and anything else. When people are given things for nothing more than being poor, why would they find any legal way to make money when they can do cash work and get same amount of aid along with free housing.

Thinking this has gone far off the beaten path of Metaljects original post. I'm not helping it get back on course by my tangents so I guess I need to stop.

Sorry for horrible typos, on phone and it's hard to correct them all.
    Last edited by Brett N; 06-11-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    3 biggest threats to America: Obama, hilary, Sharpton

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    agreed and in that order

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    Did anyone happen to see the other VId that went viral on same incident. A woman responded with a parental responsibility aspect of Teaching children to respect adults including police. She got slammed pretty hard for some of her remarks because they weren't aligned to group think.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Hard to be a parent at all when you're in prison for something which shouldn't be a crime.
    j3374 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

Did anyone happen to see the other VId that went viral on same incident. A woman responded with a parental responsibility aspect of Teaching children to respect adults including police. She got slammed pretty hard for some of her remarks because they weren't aligned to group think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150611_222844.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	157559

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Hard to be a parent at all when you're in prison for something which shouldn't be a crime.
    They're all innocent victims and no one is ever hurt in the drug world. But I do agree that usage does not equal prison. Selling does. A bit of a catch 22. Remember, it's still all personal responsibility.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Shouldn't be a chrime isn't the same as not a chrime.

Not all laws are agreed on by all people but they are the law. Until enough people do something to get the law changed, it is still against the law. Plus, not all of these kids parents are in jail for selling weed. There's armed robbery, murder, rape...etc. Not to mention just deadbeat dad's that just want nothing to do with the family or bad birth control methods.

I have no issues with weed being legal but some of the other drugs I don't think should be readily available. Blaming all of societys parenting issues ( or single parents) on the legality of drugs is ridiculous. Shit parents are going to be shit parents whether drugs are legal or not. It's called being responsible.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    I didn't read the comments but this happened a few hours from here and it's been all over the news....the general feel is the cop while justified over reacted....here's my take on it...

And yes I copied and pasted this from a private board that was discussing the black panther and black muslims coming to supposedly keep the peace in Dallas....

If my post offends anyone....your daddy raised a p*ussy

I watched the entire video and read all the residents stories.....look if you are a trained officer and you feel the need to pull your side arm which is telling the public that you are in certain fear for your life and ready to use deadly force against a bunch of teens.....well you may be too much of a ***** to wear a badge.....just like these spineless pigs that shoot dogs because they feared for their lives....really? A dog? You just won the ***** ass coward of the decade award....you have a baton a tazer pepper spray.....yet you decide to use deadly force against a dog or a bikini clad chick....hmmm just emphasizes the fact that all police are coward bitches and chose that profession to fill in a void in their pathetic character......now the whole black panther black muslim shit.....they need to pack their shit and get the **** out of Texas before they get served.....I totally agree you run your mouth be prepared to get dealt with and that is what that chick did....if would have been a white chick knock that bitch to the ground as well.....don't think you can run your mouth unless you're ready to back it up....she wasn't......so all in all the idiots need to go back to whatever hole they crawled out of....that cop needs to be charged to with display of firearm since he resigned and can't be fired....and that chick needs her dad to beat her ass and teach you don't beat the cops on the streets you beat them in the courtroom

For the cop lovers on the board just remember.....they would have no problem putting us in jail for what we do.....yes there are good cops but they are few and far between

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    why did he feel the need to pull his gun on unarmed upset kids and curse like a sailor I honestly don't care how mad he is its is his job to keep a cool head
    Lol this idiot has been waiting his whole career to pull his weapon....unarmed teens made the perfect scenario....my parents carry I carry most of my friends carry....it's an unspoken rule you don't draw on someone unless they draw on you....period....if you can't walk away or take an ass whipping but that gun makes you feel like a man something mentally has gone wrong

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information