Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Trapology
  • 1 Post By DeadlyD

Thread: Laser Tattoo Removal

Splifton is offline Associate Member

Laser Tattoo Removal

Anyone have any experiences with it? Was it like everyone describes in that it's twice as painful as the tattoo originally felt?

I got a rather offensive tattoo when I was a lot younger and have done some investigation on how hard it would be to cover up. However, what I've gotten from consultations is that using a colored design would be the most effective option, but I've been trying to get all my ink in black. So I'm planning on getting it removed to an extent that a more detailed design will hide what's left. It's so detailed that one artist just told me the only way to cover it in black is to, "shade in my whole entire chest."

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    There is no way you can cover it up?

I know a bunch of people and everyone said the pain was ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Trapology View Post
    There is no way you can cover it up?

I know a bunch of people and everyone said the pain was ridiculous
    I can cover it up, but the artists I went to for multiple opinions said it would most likely be a color piece. I'm sticking to solely black ink to stay relevant with my other body art. I have about 22 hours on my chest if that puts the magnitude of what I would need to cover it up. I have more ink in just this one piece than most have on their whole body.

Pain isn't a real concern to me as I usually self-medicate and virtually eliminate any feeling whatsoever.
    Last edited by Splifton; 12-31-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Well if youre not worried about the pain go for it

Its pretty much universal from what I hear cause like I said know a lot of people who have gotten it done, like 15

Probably 3 sessions to lighten it enough to cover it up with noticing it was there, 6 if you want it completely gone
    Splifton likes this.

Well if youre not worried about the pain go for it

Its pretty much universal from what I hear cause like I said know a lot of people who have gotten it done, like 15

Probably 3 sessions to lighten it enough to cover it up with noticing it was there, 6 if you want it completely gone
    Hopefully. I'm sure the laser technician also applies some form of topical anesthesia. It's just a matter of staying in your day dream where a little bit of choice drinks or products etc. help me maintain a state where I'm oblivious to everything around me. I didn't really mind the pain from tattoo needles. It only got sensitive on my abdominals and around the nipples, but I noticed the colder the room the easier it is to ignore the pain.

The back of my head/temple area was by far the worst I've felt.

Yeah the pain from tattoos is never bad for me either, I dont have any on my face or head, everyplace else though I heard the head was terrible pain

My buddy got a little sun removed from around his belly button he said he wanted to kill himself

Yeah the pain from tattoos is never bad for me either, I dont have any on my face or head, everyplace else though I heard the head was terrible pain

My buddy got a little sun removed from around his belly button he said he wanted to kill himself
    Yeah I have yet to completely cover my whole abdominals, but I heard it can be brutal down close to the pubic region. I got a few on the top of my feet and that was pretty discomforting more than it was painful. You could just feel the thin layer of cartilage and your bone vibrating. I also bled a lot on my foot, but no where else.

I dont have any on my face. I have a paisley pattern scheme going along the back of my neck and it goes up into my hair a little bit. I draw all of my own tattoos and unfortunately I designed a ominous and rather evil design for my chest a long time ago. Nowadays I'd rather not be reminded of that time period lol. It's not a terribly done tattoo, but it got frustrating to constantly explain it or the negative vibe it gave.

Oh yeah I know the feeling of old tattoos....
    Unfortunately Ive been getting tattoos since i was 14, I got a few terrible ones during that time period, a 2 of them I coulda got better work done in the bing

I hate having to explain my tattoos too, for example I have a guy hanging on the back of my arm, thats always a good story to share with people. Then if i do bother to tell them why I have it they look at me crazy

Oh yeah I know the feeling of old tattoos....
    Unfortunately Ive been getting tattoos since i was 14, I got a few terrible ones during that time period, a 2 of them I coulda got better work done in the bing

I hate having to explain my tattoos too, for example I have a guy hanging on the back of my arm, thats always a good story to share with people. Then if i do bother to tell them why I have it they look at me crazy
    Lol right? As long as they have meaning to the wearer. I have a skull cracking apart with two syringes jammed into the top resembling a devil's horns with some immersive design for backdrop. Now that I grew up and glorification of old drug issues isn't honorable in a realistic realm... I think it's time for it's disappearance.

Yeah I can understand that for sure.
    Only thing worse then a guy hanging himself is needles

A youngster I know just got a tattoo of a gargoyle holding a bottle of roxies(he even went out of the way to put roxies on the bottle with blue pills with 30s on them)and a syringe

He came up with some nice excuse about how it wasnt about drug use about battling his demons..im just thinking to myself how long before he trys to cut his skin off

Yeah I can understand that for sure.
    Only thing worse then a guy hanging himself is needles

A youngster I know just got a tattoo of a gargoyle holding a bottle of roxies(he even went out of the way to put roxies on the bottle with blue pills with 30s on them)and a syringe

He came up with some nice excuse about how it wasnt about drug use about battling his demons..im just thinking to myself how long before he trys to cut his skin off
    Hah wow yeah that's the most extreme of physical substance glorification. I originally told myself that seeing the image would shun me away from going back as it's almost a shameful memory. Now 4+ years later it's rather a constant reminder of what I try to forget. I do remember being 16-17 and thinking that it's a good idea to openly depict dirty parts of life's story publicly. Now I deny almost everything from that complication to anyone, but close friends.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Don't know anyone that has had removal done but i have seen it getting done and it looks very sore and they were doing a bit of squealing when getting it done it burns your skin.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    I had it done years ago on my shoulder. They can put numbing cream on about an hour beforehand but it's still fairly painful. If you want to get it done, get it done and don't worry about the pain.

It will hurt. Fvck it, do it if you're not happy with your ink.

Depending on the ink and colors, it may take multiple sessions. I should have gone for 1-2 more, so you can still see some of the outlines.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    To me, getting tattooed feels like a cat scratch in slow motion. The removal treatment is worse. Imagine having a tablespoon of hot grease splashed up on your skin. BUT, the pain is very brief. Just take a deep breath and slowly exhale. You can handle it. Also, the laser has the diameter of a pencil eraser so it covers area a lot more quickly than a tattoo gun.

Thanks for all the information.

Hartosh1 is offline New Member
    I'd say its a bit more uncomfortable than getting tattooed but it doesn't take long. I have a big tribal on my right arm and I'm only in for about 10-15 minutes. As said above just take a deep breath then slowly exhale.

I was going down the cover up route but now I'm just going for full removal although I haven't been for a session in a while!

Proximal is offline Banned
    Have multiple tattoos, all in black/grey - never had problems with the pain. Very particular about them, so decided two didn't work.

I had mine completely removed, nothing was left that needed covering. You have to tell the technician to crank up the laser, my skin blistered and it definitely hurts multiple times that of getting them put on. It takes about 4-6 weeks to heal and you do it again, and again, and again. I forgot exactly how many treatments but it was about 1 1/2 years total and from what I recall, about 4K in cost.

Then with a blank canvass, re-tattooed the same area with something more perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Have multiple tattoos, all in black/grey - never had problems with the pain. Very particular about them, so decided two didn't work.

I had mine completely removed, nothing was left that needed covering. You have to tell the technician to crank up the laser, my skin blistered and it definitely hurts multiple times that of getting them put on. It takes about 4-6 weeks to heal and you do it again, and again, and again. I forgot exactly how many treatments but it was about 1 1/2 years total and from what I recall, about 4K in cost.

Then with a blank canvass, re-tattooed the same area with something more perfect.
    It's comforting that so many others have done the same thing I have. I guess that's the nature of getting tattoos when your a oblivious teenage punk thinking one thing, then 3-4 years later you came to your senses.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    I am a tattoo artist and I have lots of bad tattoos from learning on my self and other from dark times in my youth, I choose to keep all of my tattoos as they are all part of my life story...if anything I would try and cover them, there will always be a way to cover or change the tattoo you have, talk to more artists. I have felt the Lazer and have witnessed multiple removal sessions and I'd say more then 70% of clients don't return for their next session, not only because the pain in way worse then getting the tattoo but the cost as well....just a thought, but why not just cover up the syringes and keep the skull?
    Splifton likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    It's comforting that so many others have done the same thing I have. I guess that's the nature of getting tattoos when your a oblivious teenage punk thinking one thing, then 3-4 years later you came to your senses.
    LOL, I was 42 when I screwed up on the two tattoos - you can always mess up no matter how careful you think things out.

DeadlyD, I hear you, but I'm just too much a perfectionist / too much OCD - the tattoos were well done, but simply did not work together as well as I thought, couldn't stand seeing them in the mirror.

Going for another this Saturday!

Thread Information