Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Going Vegan for A Week

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries

Going Vegan for A Week

Not excited about this. My wife is doing it and I told her I would do it with her. Now I'm really regreting it.. we start tomorrow. I can still drink protien powder and eat bars I guess but damn.. no chicken, fish, steak, pork, eggs for a whole week..

Anyone ever done this?

clemont51 is offline Banned
    Years back some of us in endurance sports tried the "
    Eskimo diet. Nothing but protein and fat. After 10 days
    it became difficult to jog a block. Try soy burgers.

p.s. On day 13 I gobbled a box of saltines in a couple of minutes.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I was a vegetarian (but not vegan) for years. Try a lot of the prepackaged vegan foods. No use learning how to put foods together that have complete proteins that taste good if you are only doing for a week.

Side note: there is NO way your protein powders and bars are vegan, but good for you if your wife let's you us them.

JusLiftIt is offline Associate Member
    Wow yea my old roomate in college was a vegan I tried it for a couples days.... I'll be the first to admit...... I snuck a few twinkies and failed miserabley bahahahaha

layeazy is offline Banned
    Ouch good luck

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I love my BEEF.I only wish more were vegians.More Beef 4 ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

army_cobra is offline Associate Member
    I tried when i start to date a vegan way back when ya never again good luck man at least its only a week

dips is offline Junior Member
    yea ive done it for a 21 day fast before. the first 4 or 5 days are terrible, but then you get so commited to it that you dont want to mess it up. it would have been impossible for me tho without combining it with prayer.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Did it for around 5 months I think, a long time ago, mid 20s

I did lots of beans and nuts.

I did shiiit a lot, and not solid type either...

My energy was awesome and my mind was super calm and clear.

An interesting time

You need to drop the bars and powders to be a vegan...just saying
    Last edited by terraj; 02-13-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Good luck man. Props to you for supporting your wife.

Blog Entries
    I realized that the protien powder is not vegan, and so I've stayed true to the plan and don't think I'll have a problem carrying out the goal. My wife is an excellent cook, and she has been making great vegan dishes all week. She's been packing me lunches too. Yesterday, I did gorge on about half a bag of whole grain tortilla chips and salsa though lol.

terraj, I hear what you're saying.. I do feel a different type of mind set.. calm almost. I'm not sure how or why or if its just my imagination but I definetely feel a different demeanor almost. Four more days - no sweat.. I'm gonna have a big ass nasty burger on Monday... Five Guys baby.. get the bacon ready.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    No. But shouldn't be a big deal... only a week.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Been Vegan for about 45 days or so.

The first 2 weeks I was very sluggish and my body hurt?

But I feel great now. I get plenty of protein everyday. I have found some great foods out there that I never knew about. We cook a new recipie every 2-3days and they are actually really good.

Bottom line my conscience is clean and my body is even cleaner, I feel great.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I could never last with any of those vegan diets. I always tell vegetarians that I eat 3 times the average amount of meat just to make up for them.
    Last edited by redz; 02-17-2011 at 04:44 PM.

I was a vegetarian for a long time and I still can't grasp the "my body is clean" idea. Our bodies are supposed to eat meat. We can choose not to, but our bodies aren't "dirty" because of meat consumption. Only our souls.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    See thats the thing, I was eating 3-4 chicken breasts a day. And I could not stomach it any more.

I have cheated a few times, my boss got a bunch of Kobe Beef Steaks, and damn those were tasty.

I more have a problem with factory farmed food. I will never eat meat that is sold in grocery stores again, ****in nasty shit.

I will however eat locally raised meat, if I can go to the farm and make sure it is clean and all natural. Not many of these in Las Vegas by the way.

Blog Entries
    I made it through.. it was really no problem. I wish I would have capitalized a bit more on the health aspect of the week going total vegan, but I really didn't and kind of ate a bunch of tortilla chips everyday.. haha. My wife wants to do a week vegan every year to pay tribuite to animals (i know i know).. I wasn't as pressed to eat meat on Monday as I thought I would be.. all in all.. not my thing but it wasn't that bad.

bruary17 is offline Member
    props to you my friend! They say humans aren't supposed to be meat eaters but I'll be damned if I stop eating meat. I crave it bigtime!

Blog Entries
    thanks man.. for our last day (Sunday), we went and visited a vegan friend of ours. We figured it would be an appropriate ending to the vegan campaign.. she said the same thing.. we're not supposed to eat meat... we don't have the teeth for it, etc. I think she's a whack job personally..

bruary17 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    thanks man.. for our last day (Sunday), we went and visited a vegan friend of ours. We figured it would be an appropriate ending to the vegan campaign.. she said the same thing.. we're not supposed to eat meat... we don't have the teeth for it, etc. I think she's a whack job personally..
    ya know...most hippie type vegan people first strike me as strange...but, I'll tell you every year I work security at a HUGE local hippie fest that goes on for a weekend and after being around those people for a whole weekend....most of them are the nicest, kindest most humble people ive ever met....sure they smell like burlap and the're barefooted...but great people....and they really care about the earth which is huge and more of us need to start doing that.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    what exactly are our canines for?

Blog Entries
    I agree.. I actually love hippies. They are great people. We went to a vegan restaurant on Sunday and the whole staff was all hippied out.. good times.. Food was okay but the experience was better..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    what exactly are our canines for?
    I wish I would have thought of that when she said it.. I knew it was bullsh8t but didn't want to insult her. .haha..

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I wish I would have thought of that when she said it.. I knew it was bullsh8t but didn't want to insult her. .haha..
    Yeah it's prolly better you didn't lol. Would have got you a kick in the shin from the wifey. I have a hard time staying quiet when I hear people say stuff like that.

Blog Entries
    me too..

layeazy is offline Banned
    so the vegan diet is now over? Do you appreciate meat again lol

Blog Entries
    yup.. over and done with.. ate enough tofu for a year.. I always did appreciate meat, and have definetely consumed my fair share this week. Not as much as I did before though.. I've found myself adding a couple extra shakes/bars instead of another steak or chicken breast..

Blog Entries
    Bumping this cause we completed our second annual vegan week the week of Valentines day. This year was much more enjoyable. Had soy protien shakes all week and soy nuts, all kinds of tofu, fruits, veggies and great meals. Did a lot of cardio and really noticed a difference with my workout intensity. Felt a lot more mellow in the gym (which sucked) but I chalked it up to my body adjusting.

Igi

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds interesting to do every now and again. It would probably go good with a full body cleans shortly after if you are into that stuff and even a fasting for 24/48 hrs.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sure hippies are nice but they stink, free love....I dont think so, at least not until they shave that nasty bush and take a damn shower.

btw.....I ate a vegetable.

supersize me is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    I more have a problem with factory farmed food. I will never eat meat that is sold in grocery stores again, ****in nasty shit.
    Bet you've watched Meet Your Meat.

V-ROID is offline Member
    I don't care for bead sucking hippies. I love the smell of searing flesh. Just got new leather jacket. I have been vegan since 2004, vegetarian since 1994. Definitely NOT the best BB'ing diet! I get plenty of protein to build muscle though. I guess I started doing it trying to live the healthiest way humanly possible. Now it is just the challenge that keeps me going I think... I have plenty of energy to work out and recover, but lately have considered adding smoked salmon to diet just to see how I respond... Hey congrats on making it through! Relax now and have a steak!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Fvck all that noise.... i'm the opposite. I'll eat anything that had a heartbeat but if it comes outa the ground or grows on tree's - i'm very suspect.

No way i'd survive on a vegan diet. I'd honestly rather fast for a week and not eat anything than to eat soy shit and veggies.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Good for you for making it enjoyable.

If your standard diet is anything like mine, you saved a lot of chickens that week!

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I find it hard to believe that if a vegan smelled a porterhouse on the grill, their mouth wont start watering. There's a reason meat tastes good, we're meant to eat it. And depriving yourself of it is intentionally taking away one of the good parts to life.

I agree with Haz here, I'd rather go hungry for a week than eat soy and veggies. I don't consider it a meal if there isn't meat.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information