Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dopamine Deficiency / easily borred / demotivated?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:49 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    back to the idea of the topic, can it be that my brain re-uptake dopamine too fast, too soon, leaving me easily bored and demotivated at times? I feel its very likely the case, and how could I potentially counteract this so I turn my downer times in to something better than that?
    It could be due to multiple issues, affecting the DAT (dopamine transporter), genetic defect up/down-regulating enzymes like COMT , MAO, TH, a deficiency of cofactors (BH4, P5P), issues in the methylation cycle, and more

There is much that could be looked into, and that you could try to support DA production.

I've experimented with many supplements, tyrosine, levodopa, P5P, methyl donors, but got limited response, or at best, very short lived relief.

I also tried the MAO-B inhibitor selegine, and soon I will get hold of piribedil, a full dopamine agonist.

P5P, the active form of vit. B6, is very potent and safe to start with. Selegiline has its downsides at effective doses; it gets partly metabolized to l-methamp. I'm curious to see how I feel on a DA, if anything. Piribedil has alpha2-adrenergic antagonist properties and that means it could avoid drowsiness as a side effect. The aminos might also be worth trying but get ineffective with daily use.

Thread Information