• 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Bitcoin FAQ

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Post Bitcoin FAQ

Marsoc, Charlie6 and 956Vette like this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    How do you like or compared to money orders...? Bitcoin is just easier and faster ..?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    How do you like or compared to money orders...? Bitcoin is just easier and faster ..?
    BC is faster, less expensive and more convent than using WU.

The source get the funds immediately which means you get your pack sooner.

Plus, I don't have to get off my sofa and the $40+ WU fee sucks.
    Marsoc and Tlolec the toilet like this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I hate WU. I won't make orders using it so if that's the only payment option then I don't order from that particular company.
    ScotchGuard02 and -Ender- like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Bitcoin is just easier and faster...?
    Bitcoin allows for the opportunity to transfer payments in a pseudonymous fashion (more so than being easier and faster). Digital currencies such as Monero (XMR) offer assistance when privacy is prioritized.
    Tlolec the toilet and NACH3 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I hate WU. I won't make orders using it so if that's the only payment option then I don't order from that particular company.
    I feel the same way...ive resorted to cash by mail recently...im intrigued by this bitcoin...WU sucks I can never understand the person on the phone...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I feel the same way...ive resorted to cash by mail recently...im intrigued by this bitcoin...WU sucks I can never understand the person on the phone...
    Honestly GB the whole BC thing is insanely complicated.

It's like you need a computer science degree to understand how everything works.

There's a free mobile app called circle pay from the play store/iTunes that simplifys the whole process.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Honestly I've never had one problem with WU. But I've never tried BC. I have talked with a couple of people who have used it. Some hate it and some swear by it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post

It's like you need a computer science degree to understand how everything works.

There's a free mobile app called circle pay from the play store/iTunes that simplifys the whole process.
    thanks ill check it out...

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I feel the same way...ive resorted to cash by mail recently......WU sucks I can never understand the person on the phone...
    100% agree

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    BTC is def a new concept

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Just be warned, when you plan on sending or receiving digital currencies from known sources/marketplaces...you potentially put your coins at risk - only use companies like circle for 100% legit trades.

To all those thinking about adopting any cryptocurrency, be sure to start with small transactions. Take it from someone who has lost his ass on numerous occasions - please learn from mistakes of others :/
    numbere and almostgone like this.

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Just be warned, when you plan on sending or receiving digital currencies from known sources/marketplaces...you potentially put your coins at risk - only use companies like circle for 100% legit trades.

To all those thinking about adopting any cryptocurrency, be sure to start with small transactions. Take it from someone who has lost his ass on numerous occasions - please learn from mistakes of others :/

COD only, straight cash to BTC only - ever

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Cash for everything!!!!!!. Fvck western unions or internet currencies, banks, credit cards.

i like BC and use it. This is a fascinating thread. i don't like it, lol

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec
    i like BC and use it. This is a fascinating thread. i don't like it, lol
    You just contradicted yourself
    almostgone likes this.

WU banned me because I bought gear from China. I can never use WU again. Great, now I use bitcoin. It's easier, faster, and cheaper.
    956Vette likes this.

I want to give anyone who used Circle Pay for BitCoin transactions a heads up that the app is no longer supporting BitCoin.

If you plan on taking advantage of holiday deals on gear you may want to look at other ways of managing BitCoins as there is often a verification process to increase weekly minimums.

I've moved on the app Coinbase.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

Yeah I am old school myself I find it confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Yeah I am old school myself I find it confusing.
    Six of one half a dozen of another, it's all the same as long as you get your gear.

If WU lowered their prices I might go back.

The fees on BitCoin apps are 10 times less than WU plus most sources give a discount for using BitCoin.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why do you feel using a bitcoin client is complicated? The only time I lost money on bitcoin is when I had some coins for trading at bitfinex and they got hacked. I got a 20% haircut and the cost of suing them would be well over 10 times the money I lost. See the mistake there? I let someone else hold my bitcoins and then they claimed someone stole it. They did not even let authorities investigate their datacenter for forensic analysis...

I am a bit savvy with computers but if you understand what a file on your hard drive is, how to store it encrypted in a USB stick, and you aren't the type who randomly gets viruses on your computer all the time, then holding your coins is as easy as holding your cash.
    wellshii likes this.

wellshii is offline Member
    From reading how to get started, you link a bank account to coinbase,then go from there?
    I would still feel iffy about linking an account.I would use a dedicated account just for that in this case.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I finally used bitcoin! It was a royal pain in the ass to set up because of my bank, but I managed to do it on the fly.
    The twats kept blocking the verification withdrawls and bitcoin purchases because, and I quote: "the address for this transaction is in Great Britain and if its from Great Britain its almost always a scam"...

I told them to shut up and send the funds.
    Worked great! Nice discount and much faster and easier than money gram.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I just fill out the paper work for WU listen to the womans dumbass remarks and I am done.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I just fill out the paper work for WU listen to the womans dumbass remarks and I am done.
    You mean... "are you sure this isn't a scam?" "How do you know this person?"
    I had one try to turn me away saying "we cant send money to the UK".
    I said its Ukraine, not the United Kingdom.
    I spent 5 minutes explaining they were different countries.
    I switched to bitcoin because I know it expedites orders over mg or wu.
    This way I don't have to deal with the dumbasses except at my bank.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    This way I don't have to deal with the dumbasses except at my bank.
    Dont understand why you are dealing bitcoin with your bank...
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Dont understand why you are dealing bitcoin with your bank...
    I buy bitcoins online via debit card. My card has security features that throw up a flag when charges come from specific areas. Particularly the U.K..
    When I purchase the flag is thrown and I have to call my bank and tell them to disable security for my card temporarily so that the charge can be made.

How else can you buy bitcoins but through a bank?

I buy bitcoins online via debit card. My card has security features that throw up a flag when charges come from specific areas. Particularly the U.K..
    When I purchase the flag is thrown and I have to call my bank and tell them to disable security for my card temporarily so that the charge can be made.

Localbitcoins, find someone to do a cash to bitcoin trade person to person. Though this takes time.

For my part I can use other free services besides using my debit card, to buy some coins. Before this came along I routinely met up people in person to buy coins.
    Obs likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member

So it seems you are buying bitcoins through a UK broker/exchange.

There are literally dozens of brokers, online and physical, most on US. The biggest one its probably Coinbase.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    So it seems you are buying bitcoins through a UK broker/exchange.

There are literally dozens of brokers, online and physical, most on US. The biggest one its probably Coinbase.
    I use coinbase. They bill your card through Shazam which is in the U. K. so as far as my card is concerned, they shut it off until fraud alert has contacted me.
    I cant see how there is any more scams in U.K. than in the U.S.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    Localbitcoins, find someone to do a cash to bitcoin trade person to person. Though this takes time.

For my part I can use other free services besides using my debit card, to buy some coins. Before this came along I routinely met up people in person to buy coins.
    I didnt know that was possible. I need to look into that.

I use coinbase. They bill your card through Shazam which is in the U. K. so as far as my card is concerned, they shut it off until fraud alert has contacted me.
    I cant see how there is any more scams in U.K. than in the U.S.
    To use exchanges where you have to link your bank account etc is a pain in the ass actually but thats due to regulations. At least setting up an account at some exchange is only a one time thing.

To me bitcoin was more simple to understand and set up than paypal, WU, moneygram, even my regular bank account. In 2011 I heard of it and 10 minutes later I was reading the whitepaper. I have no degree in computer science or work with it, I just intuitively understand it and the implications of such a technology (basically the combination of a ledger, p2p and private/public key encryption).

If some company creates something more "user friendly" or "easy to understand" et.c., makes no difference to me. Bitcoin is as anonymous as cash and you can't pay with cash over the internet. It's a principle thing to me. If youre going to buy even PCT or AI stuff over the net, why leave traces? Those to who you leave traces for are not your friends, they want to impose violence upon you. Thats why VISA/MC et.c. won't even let you buy non prescription meds from the east where they are cheaper, because the big gang is losing profits. Also with bitcoin the transaction fees are very minimal.

This is probably the reason why they are making it difficult for people to buy coins through the banking system. I think this is important for people to know and to understand the reason why bitcoin has come to existence.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    To use exchanges where you have to link your bank account etc is a pain in the ass actually but thats due to regulations. At least setting up an account at some exchange is only a one time thing.

To me bitcoin was more simple to understand and set up than paypal, WU, moneygram, even my regular bank account. In 2011 I heard of it and 10 minutes later I was reading the whitepaper. I have no degree in computer science or work with it, I just intuitively understand it and the implications of such a technology (basically the combination of a ledger, p2p and private/public key encryption).

If some company creates something more "user friendly" or "easy to understand" et.c., makes no difference to me. Bitcoin is as anonymous as cash and you can't pay with cash over the internet. It's a principle thing to me. If youre going to buy even PCT or AI stuff over the net, why leave traces? Those to who you leave traces for are not your friends, they want to impose violence upon you. Thats why VISA/MC et.c. won't even let you buy non prescription meds from the east where they are cheaper, because the big gang is losing profits. Also with bitcoin the transaction fees are very minimal.

This is probably the reason why they are making it difficult for people to buy coins through the banking system. I think this is important for people to know and to understand the reason why bitcoin has come to existence.
    Yeah I had no idea cash was an option or I would have sought a local seller. In my part of redneckville I am betting they will be scarce.
    The freaking moneygram people look at me sideways for sending money to Ukraine because they live a tiny life in a tiny world and expect everyone is like them.

Thread Information