Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Slowhand is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    388

    I hate HRT doctors.

    I'm in my early 30's and just got denied from a second doctor with 398ngdl levels..

    Why is it so hard for men with low levels to get approved for TRT but, if I was a woman and said I wanted to become a man I could get approved almost instantaneously? I'm using this as an example because I know a transgender person going through it right now and their levels are 712!!!!!

  2. #2
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Id kill for 712...

  3. #3
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    I'm in my early 30's and just got denied from a second doctor with 398ngdl levels..

    Why is it so hard for men with low levels to get approved for TRT but, if I was a woman and said I wanted to become a man I could get approved almost instantaneously? I'm using this as an example because I know a transgender person going through it right now and their levels are 712!!!!!
    It's a pretty common sentiment, but 400 ng/dl ain't that bad, though it depends how fT fares.

  4. #4
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    It's a pretty common sentiment, but 400 ng/dl ain't that bad, though it depends how fT fares.
    Mine was 13 nmol/L (375 ng/dL) pre cycle, my natty test. 6 weeks after pct I did another test and it came surprisingly at the same... 13 nmol/L. The results only come in whole numbers.

    Not sure of my free test. I dont have energy or libido issues, at all. Though I lost a massive amount of strength, not in PCT but when the test E was leaving my system. Then I regained a little during PCT and after (I felt like I responded damn well to my PCT protocol and even got acne during). All in all most of the gains diminished dramatically as my test levels dropped until PCT... I think having low test sucks balls because I sacrificed so much time and effort in eating and training, believing Id have gained so much, then seeing it go away because my endogenous T production just wont allow for such an increase...

    On the other hand I trained for 13 years before doing AAS so there is a lot of homeostasis going on as I make quite little progress naturally anyway. But for someone like me who loves lifting and takes this seriously, it is a big disappointment to have such an impinging factor. Lifting the same weights for years would be one of my worst nightmares.

  5. #5
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    By the way, in my country when they prescribe you Nebido, they do not prescribe you an AI and not HCG . You get to choose one "therapy", exogenous test, or an AI, or HCG and clomid. These things are regulated and doctors don't get to choose. They will however convince you to go on SSRIs for a couple years if you claim you are depressed, have no energy et.c.

  6. #6
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    Mine was 13 nmol/L (375 ng/dL) pre cycle, my natty test. 6 weeks after pct I did another test and it came surprisingly at the same... 13 nmol/L. The results only come in whole numbers.

    Not sure of my free test. I dont have energy or libido issues, at all. Though I lost a massive amount of strength, not in PCT but when the test E was leaving my system. Then I regained a little during PCT and after (I felt like I responded damn well to my PCT protocol and even got acne during). All in all most of the gains diminished dramatically as my test levels dropped until PCT... I think having low test sucks balls because I sacrificed so much time and effort in eating and training, believing Id have gained so much, then seeing it go away because my endogenous T production just wont allow for such an increase...

    On the other hand I trained for 13 years before doing AAS so there is a lot of homeostasis going on as I make quite little progress naturally anyway. But for someone like me who loves lifting and takes this seriously, it is a big disappointment to have such an impinging factor. Lifting the same weights for years would be one of my worst nightmares.
    Cool, mine was 160 ng/dl natty at 24. My dick didn't feel like it was between my legs lol. Like, anesthesia sensation.

    Imo cycling with a Test of 375 is a risky bet, I hope you have recovered fully.

  7. #7
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Cool, mine was 160 ng/dl natty at 24. My dick didn't feel like it was between my legs lol. Like, anesthesia sensation.

    Imo cycling with a Test of 375 is a risky bet, I hope you have recovered fully.
    160 must suck.

    Yeah risky but I was betting on sub 300 values afterwards to qualify for TRT however I felt no issues at all... felt nothing during PCT or after, libido didnt drop for one day. I guess I am lucky on the functional part but not on the anabolic part of hormone production.

  8. #8
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    By the way, in my country when they prescribe you Nebido, they do not prescribe you an AI and not HCG. You get to choose one "therapy", exogenous test, or an AI, or HCG and clomid. These things are regulated and doctors don't get to choose. They will however convince you to go on SSRIs for a couple years if you claim you are depressed, have no energy et.c.
    Didn't see this. Considering where ur from, I'm surprised TRT is prescribed at all.

    In my country, AI and SERMs are reserved for ca patients and transgenders, then you can either choose HCG or T, the latter being gels, nebido, or TE 250mg every three or four weeks. Obviously, the only reasonable option is nebido. I've been more than a year on with extremely poor results, but it works for most, and AI isn't usually required, but if you go on nebido and feel like you do, especially in the former half of interval (I did, horrible experience), then try 500mg split pins, if you are allowed to inject yourself.

    Don't get me started about SSRIs...

  9. #9
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    160 must suck.

    Yeah risky but I was betting on sub 300 values afterwards to qualify for TRT however I felt no issues at all... felt nothing during PCT or after, libido didnt drop for one day. I guess I am lucky on the functional part but not on the anabolic part of hormone production.
    As for the anabolic part I witnessed my quads melt away during the low T period. My blood counts went anemic HCT 37% Hb 12 ( but I also have a genetic blood disorder).

    But, I had plenty of energy and motivation.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •