Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: How to bet on the fight?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Wasn't a bad fight, Better than the last one. They shouldn't have stopped it

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good fight but I didnt think Conner would gas that fast. He was shot at the 5th round, I would have thought he would have trained for 12, but I guess it takes tons of training and time for boxers to be able to fight 12 rounds hard. My hat is off to Floyd, he proved why he is the BTE
    Obs and songdog like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Attachment 170397
    He may have won but we all know who wore the pants.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Attachment 170397
    He may have won but we all know who wore the pants.
    Lmao, I was so worried that Conner was going to do something very illegal, every time they locked up like that I looked away from the tv
    Obs likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Good fight but I didnt think Conner would gas that fast. He was shot at the 5th round, I would have thought he would have trained for 12, but I guess it takes tons of training and time for boxers to be able to fight 12 rounds hard. My hat is off to Floyd, he proved why he is the BTE
    Dude...same hear man...middle of the 4th round I said...oh shit here we go...uh couldn't be level it was that early...but to he still came with it each rd which shocked me...
    Imo he won the first 4 rd...5 coulda went either way...then u had him winning...2 other rds...definitely a good fight...and not a spectacle like ppl claimed it would be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82 View Post
    Dude...same hear man...middle of the 4th round I said...oh shit here we go...uh couldn't be level it was that early...but to he still came with it each rd which shocked me...
    Imo he won the first 4 rd...5 coulda went either way...then u had him winning...2 other rds...definitely a good fight...and not a spectacle like ppl claimed it would be

Agreed, I thought it would be a little more exciting but Mayweather didnt give in, he stuck to his plan and waited until the first five rounds were done. It would have been great if it were an 8 round fight, they would have had to fight each other when both were fresh.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    I wish the ref didn't stop it So prematurely.

Fwiw, Connor surprised me, homeboy should have taken a different career path.

Id like to see Connor give up mma, and go straight boxer
    Obs likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    You are right BG takes a lot of training to go 12 rds imagine when they use to go 18! You really need to know how to pace yourself.
    BG likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post

There is more money now in MMA than boxing! Boxing isn't as popular as it was 30yrs ago.

What did Conner make just now? 100mil?

Floyd 300mil

I doubt Dana white will let any mma fighter have that kinda coin

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Boxing may not be as popular, but the money is.much bigger in boxing. Connor made 35 mil last year with sponsor money included. He made 100 mil to step in the ring one time. UFC will not pay an MMA fighter this kind of money in the foreseeable future.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Boxing may not be as popular, but the money is.much bigger in boxing. Connor made 35 mil last year with sponsor money included. He made 100 mil to step in the ring one time. UFC will not pay an MMA fighter this kind of money in the foreseeable future.
    I'd fucking quit, he has more money than Davy Crocket.
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Seen some high lights, Floyd played him well, he knew Connor would gas a lot quicker than him. Floyd to me is the least impressive undefeated boxer I've ever seen other than his defense and stamina, that's it. He sucks , no power, weak strikes,....but he won so respect
    Connor wasn't in shape, that's about it. I guarantee you if Floyd steps in an octagon it would be over mid first round or less. Respect for Connor for stepping out of his element
    MuscleScience and BG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Seen some high lights, Floyd played him well, he knew Connor would gas a lot quicker than him. Floyd to me is the least impressive undefeated boxer I've ever seen other than his defense and stamina, that's it. He sucks , no power, weak strikes,....but he won so respect
    Connor wasn't in shape, that's about it. I guarantee you if Floyd steps in an octagon it would be over mid first round or less. Respect for Connor for stepping out of his element
    The reason everybody says this is due to a broken hand. Mayweather was laying people out early in his career, he still has a 50% K.O. number even though he hasn't knocked anybody out in years. He had to change up due to breaking his hand. If that never happened I'm sure he would have a lot more knockouts on his resume. If Floyd stepped in the octagon it would be over first round, Floyd could have finished Connor in the first round if he wanted to, but floyd is also a smart business man. The way the fight went was good for everyone, nobody lost that fight. If he went after a stoppage in the early rounds it would have been bad business. Floyd claims to be done, but I have a feeling he is going after one more pay day. Just watch this whole thing will lewd into a bigger pay day if he chooses to come back, and I have a feeling he will. Who wants their record setting fight to be against someone who never boxed. Right now there's an asterisk by his name in the record book similar to how people view Barry bonds. Rocky marciano(sp) went 49-0 in his career when fights could go 18 rounds, so a lot will always view Floyd to still be tied with Rocky. Floyd wants his name alone at the top. The Capello vs triple G fight is coming up, think about the payday it would make for Floyd against whoever wins. This fight would be a huge payday, but an even greater risk to his record. So I don't think this will be the match up, but I also don't think he is done. If he does fight it will be soon, sometime around November/December if it does happen.

There's lots of UFC fans saying Connor owned the first few rounds, which is BS. Floyd knew exactly what he needed to do to win the fight. He knew Connor would gas out late. Connor only had a punchers chance, which in boxing really is no chance, especially considering who he was in the ring with. Floyd is one of the best defensive/counter punching boxers in history.
    BG likes this.

The reason everybody says this is due to a broken hand. Mayweather was laying people out early in his career, he still has a 50% K.O. number even though he hasn't knocked anybody out in years. He had to change up due to breaking his hand. If that never happened I'm sure he would have a lot more knockouts on his resume. If Floyd stepped in the octagon it would be over first round, Floyd could have finished Connor in the first round if he wanted to, but floyd is also a smart business man. The way the fight went was good for everyone, nobody lost that fight. If he went after a stoppage in the early rounds it would have been bad business. Floyd claims to be done, but I have a feeling he is going after one more pay day. Just watch this whole thing will lewd into a bigger pay day if he chooses to come back, and I have a feeling he will. Who wants their record setting fight to be against someone who never boxed. Right now there's an asterisk by his name in the record book similar to how people view Barry bonds. Rocky marciano(sp) went 49-0 in his career when fights could go 18 rounds, so a lot will always view Floyd to still be tied with Rocky. Floyd wants his name alone at the top. The Capello vs triple G fight is coming up, think about the payday it would make for Floyd against whoever wins. This fight would be a huge payday, but an even greater risk to his record. So I don't think this will be the match up, but I also don't think he is done. If he does fight it will be soon, sometime around November/December if it does happen.

There's lots of UFC fans saying Connor owned the first few rounds, which is BS. Floyd knew exactly what he needed to do to win the fight. He knew Connor would gas out late. Connor only had a punchers chance, which in boxing really is no chance, especially considering who he was in the ring with. Floyd is one of the best defensive/counter punching boxers in history.
    Finally a voice of reason.

Same here...I wish he woulda took a knee...
    But I wish he didn't stop it..it was an okay stoppage..not bcuz he was really takin damage...he was just tired AF

Woah...if u think Conor didn't own the first 4 rounds at least then I don't kno what u were watchin...no disrespect...but good grief man...
    Yeh floyd knew what he had to do..wait til he gassed...which means Conor owned the first few rounds...which also means...Floyd choice was not to fight and wait for the opponents cardio to to win for him...I mean Yeh good gameplan I guess but even when Conor was tired as shit...it was hard for floyd to touch him...until the last rd...all thing equal...his cardio bein same as floyd...don't think fly wouldve won

Woah...if u think Conor didn't own the first 4 rounds at least then I don't kno what u were watchin...no disrespect...but good grief man...
    Yeh floyd knew what he had to do..wait til he gassed...which means Conor owned the first few rounds...which also means...Floyd choice was not to fight and wait for the opponents cardio to to win for him...I mean Yeh good gameplan I guess but even when Conor was tired as shit...it was hard for floyd to touch him...until the last rd...all thing equal...his cardio bein same as floyd...don't think fly wouldve won

That's called boxing.

There's more to it than slugging it out.

Ali's rope a dope, is a perfect example.

No one faulted Ali when he forced his opponent to punch themselves out early in the fight and then murdered them in the later few rounds.

That's the name of the game. Tactics, smart fighting.

That's called boxing.

There's more to it than slugging it out.

Ali's rope a dope, is a perfect example.

No one faulted Ali when he forced his opponent to punch themselves out early in the fight and then murdered them in the later few rounds.

That's the name of the game. Tactics, smart fighting.

Imo that's called avoidin the fight and lettin ur opponent beat themselves...anyone can beat a tired person...
    And ali actually brought the fight well before the rope a dope...there's the difference in that analogy...
    And don't take this as a confrontation by any means..just difference of opinion my man lol

Nope that's it its on. Lol

Its all good brotha z.

He won the rounds, but he didn't own Floyd is more what I'm getting at. I wish Connor would have had his cardio up to par just so we could see the fight not be stopped the way it was. I also no longer believe sporting events are actually decided by the competitors. After watching the last Superbowl I believe most big sporting events are rigged. That's for another thread, but I feel this fight would end the same way regardless.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    He won the rounds, but he didn't own Floyd is more what I'm getting at. I wish Connor would have had his cardio up to par just so we could see the fight not be stopped the way it was. I also no longer believe sporting events are actually decided by the competitors. After watching the last Superbowl I believe most big sporting events are rigged. That's for another thread, but I feel this fight would end the same way regardless.
    Let's do it!
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

OK I can see that...although the first 2 I gotta say he took it to him...maybe not owned him but probably damn sure opened a lot of eyes ...

Damn...I forgot to say...McGregor had floyd hurt and the beginning of Rd 9...and had him in the corner...for what ever reason the red stepped in and pulled him off...

That goes online with your sports being rigged theory lol

Damn...I forgot to say...McGregor had floyd hurt and the beginning of Rd 9...and had him in the corner...for what ever reason the red stepped in and pulled him off...

That goes online with your sports being rigged theory lol

Connor did show well, he has an awkward style that could be hard for traditional boxers to deal with. If he decides to switch. It would be nice to see mayweather step in the octagon now. That's fight wouldn't make it to the second round, and probably not even to the 3rd minute. Connor would shoot for a takedown, and the fight would be done.

There is some info out from insider that have spoken up about the fight being rigged. One was supposedly killed, but I haven't looked into the story that much. The info available also won't be much. I believe someone close to mayweather also tweated about the fight being set up and then removed it. Do you think they would let Floyd lose his undefeated record to someone that wasn't even a professional boxer before the fight. The only reason for this fight was to break his tie with Rocky marciano.

After watching the Superbowl earlier this year that game was absolutely set up. There is no way Atlanta lets happen, they could have ran the ball and chewed up the clock, and won. The lead up to.the Superbowl was all about is Brady the best to ever play the game. He isn't even the best QB to play the game. So Atlanta take huge lead, and Brady brings them back from one of the biggest deficits in Superbowl history to win. Which supposedly sealed the deal.about him being the best.

The entire game played out like a movie script. Now there are times where games play out like a movie, but the drastic change that took place with both teams just doesn't happen in this manner. There are drastic changes, but a team having no trouble moving the ball doesnt become this inept during half time. The pats literally couldnt get anything right for the first half, and Atlanta could do no wrong. The second half and the game makes such a drastic change. Now I know Ryan has been known to choke, but the whole team was on in the first half. Then they can't even sniff the red zone. I need to watch the game over, and spend time breaking down the whole game. Nobody can convince me that game was not decided well before the coin toss.

Falcons.win the Superbowl this year. That's there prize for laying down last year. I don't believe the whole season is set up, because far to many people would have to be involved. It's just large sporting events such as the superbowl, and possibly some playoff games.
    Last edited by jstone; 08-31-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Hell nah they wouldnt have let Mayweather lose...I was thinkin the same when they brought up the score care and like the first 6 rounds or whatever Mayweather was ahead...I was like wtf lol...and I was lie if this goes the distance then no way they let him lose...
    I hard nothin about the fight be in rigged though...ima have to look into that..
    I thought the superbowl was a Lil screwy...such domination then all of a sudden just the big collapse???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information