dedic8ed1 is offline Banned

Define mosh pit.

Let's enjoy the good old fashion family fun of Lamb of God!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUTMK...elated&search=
    Last edited by dedic8ed1; 10-14-2007 at 06:15 PM.

youknowit45 is offline Associate Member
    looks kind of dangerous if you ask me ..

goaheadandhitme is offline Associate Member
    WOOOHOOOOOoooo................ I guess you had to be there...

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    good, so one of us aas users who is twice as big as those guys will get the shit kicked out of him extra bad just for being that big.....ill stay out of that thanks.

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    that guy's a twig... i'd break 'em over my knee in a heart beat. just another ***** using loud obnoxious "music" to act "tough".

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    im saying, us on the board for most part are bigger than the rest of the population, more guys would gang up on one bigger guy just to prove a point.

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtwin
    im saying, us on the board for most part are bigger than the rest of the population, more guys would gang up on one bigger guy just to prove a point.
    you have a point. i've really only been in one mosh pit before and i thought it was the stupidest thing i've ever seen. i was right on the fringe, not by design mind you, and they kept "bumping" into me... as it to draw me in. i ignored them until they hit the girl standing in front of me in the nose by "accident'. then i started throwing them down on the ground - hard- every time the bumped into me. it didn't take but about 2 minutes and the pit cell moved well away from me.

personally, i think they're instigated by bullys. that's what i observed anyway.

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    the point of a mosh pit is not to hurt people or hit ppl not involved...granted you will have the assholes who do what they please, but they usually get taken care of by the rest of the pit

the style of dancing is rough, and if you are in or around the pit, you have to expect to have contact and even get hit...if someone gets knocked down they get picked back up,,,if someone gets hurt the pit stops and they wave in medic/security

if there happens to be a girl or younger kid in the pit dancing and they get hit by a larger member, you will be able to see the rest of the pit start to dance exceptionally hard around that individual as a form of payback...there is a pit etiquette of sorts...

it seems weird but after working these types of shows and events for 5 years you get to learn how the crowd operates and how the scene works...

that being said...great wall of death video

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    been in a "wall of death" before
    lol some guy got his fac broken right in front of me

its crazy stuff, but i think some people take it too far
    there have been numerous times where i couldnt even enjoy the music cuz i had to constantly watch my back and not get kicked in the back of my head or seomthing....i use to crowd surf, but ever since i got bigger, i just get dropped lol

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by: -DedicateD-

the point of a mosh pit is not to hurt people or hit ppl not involved...granted you will have the assholes who do what they please, but they usually get taken care of by the rest of the pit

the style of dancing is rough, and if you are in or around the pit, you have to expect to have contact and even get hit...if someone gets knocked down they get picked back up,,,if someone gets hurt the pit stops and they wave in medic/security
    A mosh pit is pure violence, plain and simple. Out of probably a couple hundred mosh pits I have never seen the pit stopped and security/medical waived in unless it was a bar or extremely small venue (20-30 people moshing). On a couple occasions at large venues the band has stopped playing mid-song, effectively stopping the pit, but that was because front row security broke down (security beating fans or vise versa) or a band member was assaulted (something thrown at them or they went crowd surfing)

On the other hand I have seen injured people at every single pit. There is nothing worse than getting all f-ed up, driven to the point of total exhaustion and still having to try and fight your way through a sea of people. No time outs or medical stoppage here.

Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-

if there happens to be a girl or younger kid in the pit dancing and they get hit by a larger member, you will be able to see the rest of the pit start to dance exceptionally hard around that individual as a form of payback...there is a pit etiquette of sorts...

it seems weird but after working these types of shows and events for 5 years you get to learn how the crowd operates and how the scene works...

You said it all!!

Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-

Exactamundo big guy thank's for educating the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by TAPPER
    A mosh pit is pure violence, plain and simple. Out of probably a couple hundred mosh pits I have never seen the pit stopped and security/medical waived in unless it was a bar or extremely small venue (20-30 people moshing). On a couple occasions at large venues the band has stopped playing mid-song, effectively stopping the pit, but that was because front row security broke down (security beating fans or vise versa) or a band member was assaulted (something thrown at them or they went crowd surfing)

On the other hand I have seen injured people at every single pit. There is nothing worse than getting all f-ed up, driven to the point of total exhaustion and still having to try and fight your way through a sea of people. No time outs or medical stoppage here.
    Also a good valid point,there's even been a couple death's at venues like Ozzfest in particular.In general some people go to jump around and push people,get roudy,And then there's the people who go to pounce.

Define Pounce:Find the biggest and baddest guy there and Whoop!!!!! his ass.

I don't condone this cowardice act of senseless violence but it is fun to watch.
    Last edited by dedic8ed1; 10-15-2007 at 01:38 PM.

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by: -DedicateD-

Also a good valid point,there's even been a couple death's at venues like Ozzfest in particular.In general some people go to jump around and push people,get roudy,And then there's the people who go to pounce.

Define Pounce:Find the biggest and baddest guy there and Whoop!!!!! his ass.

I don't condone this cowardice act of senseless violence but it is fun to watch

The only time I have ever seen people come close to “pouncing” on someone is if he is standing in the middle of the pit leveling people, the only one going against the rotation of the pit, etc. Big or small, if you put yourself out in the spotlight so to speak more people are going to target you. If you watch the clip at the beginning there is one guy hangin in the center by himself. Everybody that participated in that pit watched that guy, who wasn’t big by any means, and was planning on leveling him – guaranteed.

To be honest I have never heard the term “pounce” nor have I seen big guys that are not in the type of situations mentioned above being pounced, jumped or otherwise beat on for just being big. Please don’t take this the wrong way but that seems more like an opinion from someone watching the action, not actually being in it. Many times the biggest guy is one of the only people left standing or able to stand in the center of a pit. If you were watching things unfold it would appear as if everyone was “pouncing” on him but if you are going to take a “king of the hill” mentality expect everyone else to try and take you out.

The only time I have ever seen people come close to “pouncing” on someone is if he is standing in the middle of the pit leveling people, the only one going against the rotation of the pit, etc. Big or small, if you put yourself out in the spotlight so to speak more people are going to target you. If you watch the clip at the beginning there is one guy hangin in the center by himself. Everybody that participated in that pit watched that guy, who wasn’t big by any means, and was planning on leveling him – guaranteed.

To be honest I have never heard the term “pounce” nor have I seen big guys that are not in the type of situations mentioned above being pounced, jumped or otherwise beat on for just being big. Please don’t take this the wrong way but that seems more like an opinion from someone watching the action, not actually being in it. Many times the biggest guy is one of the only people left standing or able to stand in the center of a pit. If you were watching things unfold it would appear as if everyone was “pouncing” on him but if you are going to take a “king of the hill” mentality expect everyone else to try and take you out.
    I was just playing,but some people do go to the pit looking for battle.

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    I friken love it!! voilent music brings...well..violence..which is good in controlled safe doses..its good for the kids to rage out at gigs and get it outta thier systems aint it? it aint no different than hockey or rugby or football,its just rockin out to some heavy shit and gettin a bit physical..I think its awesome..nothin wrong there homeboys...................

i agree with you on some points...to be fair i can only speak from shows I work security at...but the north east, and nj especially is know for its hardcore scene so i would like to think i have worked my share of heavy pits ...(anthrax, pantera, black label, slayer, hatebreed, lamb of god, killswitch and for those who know the scene many of the hellfest shows (when they were around) sounds of the underground tours, saints and sinners festivals, and taste of chaos shows as well.

for some of the shows they were in small clubs with 60 people, where the security was in the pit with the kids making sure things were ok, others were in huge parking lot venues where there were big crash crews on the sound boards etc

but after working around the same bands in the same area/venues long enough you get to know the 'usual' crowd...you see many of the same kids in each pit and develope and really DEMAND a mutual respect (they test you once and you let them know they cant get away with it). they know you have to do your job and stop the fights so they behave, and at the same time you know the pit in general is associated with violence so you let the pit go on and allow contact.

the relationship goes so far as a few times at shows when we would go into break up a fight and have a hard time, the 'usual' kids would jump into the mix and help us break the fight up and watch our backs

unles you have been in/around the pits its impossible to describe the energy created when one erupts...its what makes hardcore music as powerful as it is

Its gotton to the point where ive seen kids get their nose broken start gushing blood and go up and shake the kids hand that hit him to say "no hard feelings its all good"

we have to coax him over the medic bc he wants to keep dancing...we turn around again and hes all taped up back dancing...

im not saying its normal or sane, but its the culture and its what they enjoy

Thread Information