Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone

Thread: Highly recommend to read...

  1. #1
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,233

    Highly recommend to read...

    New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, written by Arnold - have barely been able to put this book down so far. Lots of great information beyond bodybuilding and enlightening to see some of the perspectives from one of the greats.

  2. #2
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    May pick it up. Thanks! I read all the time (politics / war) but it's been decades since I've read a BB'ing book.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  3. #3
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    23,026
    Think I've had mine since sometime in the 80s? Still find myself referencing it when I am looking for an alternate exercise. I often find reading preferable to the Internet (except for porn).
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  4. #4
    PeanutbutterDC's Avatar
    PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, written by Arnold - have barely been able to put this book down so far. Lots of great information beyond bodybuilding and enlightening to see some of the perspectives from one of the greats.
    I'll check it out. I have a few bb books that I reference fairly often but one can never have too many bb books. And Arnold

  5. #5
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,311
    Definitely have a copy of it lying around somewhere

  6. #6
    i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    It’s a must have for sure. “Brother Iron, Sister Steel” by Dave Draper is awesome as well

  7. #7
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,233
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    It’s a must have for sure. “Brother Iron, Sister Steel” by Dave Draper is awesome as well
    I've heard great things. My library doesn't have it unfortunately . Trying to avoid paying $20-40 per bodybuilding book but might eventually come to that.

  8. #8
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,233
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Think I've had mine since sometime in the 80s? Still find myself referencing it when I am looking for an alternate exercise. I often find reading preferable to the Internet (except for porn).
    There is a revised edition now from the early 00's. Not sure what was updated/changed though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •