Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Ease of making D-I-Y guns negates all Gun Control arguments

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The home-made home-defense shotgun everybody needs, the belt-fed 12-gauge. It says AR-15 but I see nothing AR-fifteenish about it.

Attempting to control stuff like this is nothing more than virtue signalling.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    The home-made home-defense shotgun everybody needs, the belt-fed 12-gauge. It says AR-15 but I see nothing AR-fifteenish about it.

Attempting to control stuff like this is nothing more than virtue signalling.
    Cool! The belt looks a baby version of a Mk19 or Mk47.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-28-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

The 1st Amendment props up the 2nd.

And vice-versa.

US Court Says 'Ghost Gun' Plans Can Be Posted Online

Plans for 3D-printed, self-assembled "ghost guns" can be posted online without U.S. State Department approval, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.

A divided panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco reinstated a Trump administration order....

The 9th Circus used to be the most devoutly Marxist-Leninist court n America. But now, thanks to a flood of federal judge appointments pushed through by His Holiness, DJT, they almost could be mistaken for red-blooded 'Murrikins.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 04-28-2021 at 12:20 PM.

If anti-gun laws were worth the paper they're printed on, this wouldn't have happened.

67-year-old Richard Lewis Andrew Christiansen of Trenmonton, Utah, is a "prohibited person" on account of a felony conviction from the 1980s. It's not legal for him to possess a firearm. So how come he got arrested on 18 third-degree felony counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and six third-degree felony counts of transaction of a firearm or dangerous weapon? And he pled out on all charges, so his guilt is now a matter of record.

Answer: Because crims gonna crim. In case you slept through Civics class that day, that's precisely what makes them criminals to begin with. If you think criminals are deterred by the possibility of ancillary (and usually lesser) charges when they already have their mind made up to commit a crime, you're an idiot.

This guy also lied on his paperwork to get a concealed carry permit. But that isn't among the charges, so one can only guess what other offenses he had committed but that didn't get discovered. I mean if I had three fresh corpses buried in the back yard, I'd cop to 24 firearm trafficking charges in a New York second if it would prevent the PoPo from prowling around out back ... with a shovel.

You're also an idiot if you think any new law, regardless how harsh its penalty might be, is going to deter somebody who has murder on their mind. Because once you've crossed that threshold and have resigned yourself to the commission of a capital crime, "lesser included charges" aren't exactly ... intimidating. If you know getting caught will mean taking the ride on 'Ol Sparky, do you really think the threat of also getting an additional five years on a weapons charge is going to dissuade you? If so, ...

If you ain't a Ghost Gunner, you ain't shit!

8th Grader Crafts his Own Shotgun from Scrap

This is Hunter Newbert and for his 8th-grade project, he wanted to build a stainless steel 20-gauge shotgun from scratch. He made the barrel from a used stainless steel boat shaft, the receiver from a scrap piece of stainless steel, the stocks from some cherry wood that was in a woodpile that was going to be used for firewood. He put many hours in learning how to and machining his own shotgun and we are very proud of him and by the way, it does fire and works properly. Great job, Hunter.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Well, shucks. I was hoping they had more pictures; would love to see his handiwork!!!!
    Says similar to the H&R shotguns. That was my first shotgun I got when I was 8 or 9? H&R Topper .410.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    If you ain't a Ghost Gunner, you ain't shit!

8th Grader Crafts his Own Shotgun from Scrap

This is Hunter Newbert and for his 8th-grade project, he wanted to build a stainless steel 20-gauge shotgun from scratch. He made the barrel from a used stainless steel boat shaft, the receiver from a scrap piece of stainless steel, the stocks from some cherry wood that was in a woodpile that was going to be used for firewood. He put many hours in learning how to and machining his own shotgun and we are very proud of him and by the way, it does fire and works properly. Great job, Hunter.
    I doubt they'll ever tell us the truth, but I wonder how much of that was made by Hunter and how much of it was made by his father. I mean he probably is good with tools, but I suspect this is much like the Cub Scout's Pinewood Derby, where the kids are supposed to make the cars, but it's always the fathers who end up making them.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I doubt they'll ever tell us the truth, but I wonder how much of that was made by Hunter and how much of it was made by his father. I mean he probably is good with tools, but I suspect this is much like the Cub Scout's Pinewood Derby, where the kids are supposed to make the cars, but it's always the fathers who end up making them.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    joergsprave

Search him on youtube. He makes projectile weapons that out do firearms. A great deposit of knowledge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information