Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Ease of making D-I-Y guns negates all Gun Control arguments

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Ease of making D-I-Y guns negates all Gun Control arguments

How ‘Improvised’ And ‘Craft-Built’ Weapons Kill All Gun Control Arguments

Posted at 6:00 pm on June 7, 2018 by Tom Knighton

When anti-gunners start pontificating all about how cracking down on legal gun sales will somehow make our communities safer, many of us want to roll our eyes. Why? Because we know better.

As things currently stand, there are already way too many guns that have somehow gotten into the wrong hands as it is. They’ve broken laws to obtain guns, and there’s no reason to believe that will change with a few new laws.

However, let’s try something for a moment. Let’s pretend, for the sake of argument, that the government could get rid of every firearm in the country, including the criminals’ guns. Would that take care of the problems with firearm-related crime?

Hardly.

A while back, Forgotten Weapons did an episode on “improvised & craft-built weapons” that was particularly interesting. The video:

Now, let’s take a moment and consider these guns.

The manufacturing involved here may look complicated, but the silver-looking submachine gun moved early in the episode was also highlighted in a previous episode. It’s a completely homemade submachine gun built based on instructions that are literally all over the world. This doesn’t require more than an intermediate hobbyist-level of technical experience to assemble.

Also shown but not discussed in the video are 3D printed firearms which require even less expertise.

The rest tend to fall somewhere in the middle, all things considered, though the gun shown in the thumbnail on YouTube may be the most simple gun possible. But, it’s one I wouldn’t trust.

The truth of the matter is that people who want to have a gun can be extraordinarily creative when it comes to their desire to have one. We’ve seen this with England’s rising gun-related homicide rate continuing to rise despite strict controls on even blank-firing pistols. After all, even those can be converted if someone is crafty enough.

One thing we need to understand about the criminal mind is that they’re not afraid of hard work. They’re not.

What they refuse to do, however, is play by society’s rules and focus that hard work into something productive. They’d much rather build a gun to rob someone than use that expertise, imagination, and skill to create something new and innovative that could get them much farther ahead in life and not land them in prison.

But that’s like regular work and stuff. That is what they’re apparently allergic to, not work in and of itself.

So, they’ll continue to find ways to get guns despite England’s strict gun laws and then use those guns for nefarious purposes. Then lawmakers will try and push for new laws and forget all about how these people circumvented that whole issue the first time around.

If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, then clearly there’s no sanity among those who think gun control is a good idea.

Then again, that’s hardly a surprising revelation.

What else do you think could drive someone to believe banning guns will work when anyone proficient with a welder could build a replica of that slam-fire shotgun?

bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/06/07/improvised-craft-built-weapons-kill-gun-control-arguments
    Ernst and Obs like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can buy chemicals from local stores and make a device that would kill way more people than any mass shooting. People are stupid
    Obs, BG and Fluidic Kimbo like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I can buy chemicals from local stores and make a device that would kill way more people than any mass shooting. People are stupid
    Tarzan the terrorist. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs and BG like this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Upvote for Gun Jesus.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Hell 10k in equipment and guns are easy as shit to make higher quality than off the shelf.

Ammo is the bitch but only because of the primers.
    Fulminating mercury is very achievable but causes throat erosion over time.

Want to prep for gun control just buy brass and primers. Everything else is just a little machining and love. They will never ban guns though. They will just start with mag restrictions etc..

Rights are taken slowly over decades, never all at once. They just get people slowly weaned off and they dont miss it.
    almostgone likes this.

kaptein_hook is offline New Member
    It’s quite simple. More people know how to spend money than weld.

Also, you compared England gun violence in US gun violence arguing that England’s gun violence rate is a reason gun control doesn’t work. Do you know England’s gun deaths in 2017 compared to the US’s?

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Wish I had time to write a real thought on this subject but need to go to work. In general, people are just stupid. That is why I always carry a gun or a weapon of some sort.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    I dont give two shits about the number of gun deaths.
    Want to make a difference get rid of cigarettes, alcohol, and vehicles.

Anyone have a clue how much more deaths these three cause?

Oh but those three just dont look as scary as an AR and they aren't as loud.
    We need guns to shoot the retards concerned with them.

Obs
    Wait... We tried to ban alcohol once didn't we... How was it that worked?

Thats right they couldnt even take hard liquor away because the blood flowed on every street.
    Lets go ahead and get rid of these guns and see how well it goes over.

Do it! Squeeze the trigger! I want it over all at once.
    Give me gun control nationwide immediately!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post

So, they’ll continue to find ways to get guns despite England’s strict gun laws and then use those guns for nefarious purposes.
    Is this a joke?

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    The problems all start with the piece of shit parents that don't discipline their kids and teach them right from wrong.
    We are raising a generation of pussies that are never held accountable for their actions its always some other kid or the teachers fault they are in trouble.
    I firm hand to the ass or size 12 to the ass would cure a lot of problems we have.
    RaginCajun, Obs, Ernst and 2 others like this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Wait... We tried to ban alcohol once didn't we... How was it that worked?

Thats right they couldnt even take hard liquor away because the blood flowed on every street.
    Lets go ahead and get rid of these guns and see how well it goes over.

Do it! Squeeze the trigger! I want it over all at once.
    Give me gun control nationwide immediately!
    Remember France s few years ago? Mad man killed 200+ people with a box truck going 65mph
    Obs likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Lmfao come on guys lol stop being stupid lol

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    People dont kill people. Guns kill people

Here come the Redcoats trying to convince you to lay down your arms lol
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Here come the Redcoats trying to convince you to lay down your arms lol
    If everyone else had guns id want guns tbf... so i really dont blame you. But i do think the right decision in a perfect world is for NOBODY to have guns. But its not a perfect world so here we are.

I wont derail this thread. Apologies... sort of. You did call me names op. Ill take that to the grave

Taking bets now, how many DIY guns would explode in the creator's hand or face?

Has to be at least 50%, no?

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Being born kills everyone. These deadly autos and drugs gotta go.
    How bout that fentanyl...
    They need to illegalize it!

Yup

Lmfao defo stupid. Really strange to see the different cultures lol

Guns are rather intricate machines and of necessity you have to have fairly thorough and detailed knowledge of them to create even modestly effectively law against them. And hoplophobes find them so offensive they can't bear the thought of getting close enough to learn anything about them. And their wilfull ignorance dramatically limits the effectiveness of their (fear-driven) legislative efforts.

Two cases in point.

Q. When is a short-barreled AR-15 not a short barreled rifle?
    A. When the grooves are straight, not spiraling.

Franklin Armory sells an AR-15 with an 11.5" barrel that isn't a short-barreled rifle because the grooves in the barrel are straight. Before it went into production, they sent an example to the BATF who ruled that it was merely a "firearm," neither rifle nor shotgun nor pistol, therefore it was exempt from the regulation requiring all rifles (except NFA devices) to have barrels that are a minimum of 16" in length.

Yes, the bullets aren't stable enough for long-range shooting but they'll do out to 50-100 yards (they claim it's capable of 4" groups @100 yards). And since they specifically market it as a "close-quarters" self-defense weapon, 50-100 yards is adequate. So you can buy a short-barreled AR-15 without having to pay the $200 NFA tax or waiting six months for BATF approval.

Q. In Russia, when is a rifle not a rifle?
    A. When it has a smooth bore.

A guy in Russia got tired of waiting for the government to approve his request to buy a rifle. They would let him have a shotgun already, but he'd have had to wait until Tzar Nicholas II rose from the dead to get a rifle. So he got himself a smoothbore rifle which, in Russian law, essentially is a shotgun that only fires on pellet.

Not a smoothbore musket, a smoothbore rifle. It has a Lancaster Bore barrel. Forward of the forcing cone, the barrel becomes slightly oval, which means it's pinching the bullet slightly on two sides. And the "pinch" spirals as it travels down the barrel, just like grooves. Which causes the bullet to spin, exactly as spiraling grooves would.

It does slightly deform the bullet, so it looses a bit in the ballistic coefficient category because it isn't perfectly cylindrical in flight. But beside that minor drawback -- which isn't a consideration until you start approaching max effective range -- it's a perfectly "normal" rifle. The guy I was referring to got his chambered in 9.6x53 Russian.

And both of these designs -- the straight grooves and the Lancaster bore -- are more than 150 years old. Charles Lancaster invented the oval bore barrel in 1850. And some smoothbore muskets had straight rifling almost a century before that. Quite a few smoothbores had straight rifling (some shotguns still do) to give powder fouling someplace to go so the gun could fire more shots before needing cleaning.

But the idiots who want to ban guns can't be bothered to learn gun history, so they leave loopholes like these in the law. Even in Mother (fucking) Russia.

Letting people who know nothing about guns except that they fear them write gun law is as stupid as letting coach John Madden (who is afraid of flying) write aviation law.
    Obs likes this.

How do guns kill people?
    And if people dont kill people, how to you explain people killing people with knives, the knife's fault? How do you explain suicide bombers, the bombs fault?
    A gun would never kill anyone without the actions of human. There are more people killed by drunk drivers, or cars as you would call it, than guns. Why aren't people debating that instead of guns?
    Obs and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Lmfao come on guys lol stop being stupid lol
    Maybe you should enlighten us halfwit morons with your overwhelming intelligence! Are we worthy of your genuineness oh great one!

I can see this thread is really winning hearts and minds

Beetlegeuse is ready to shoot someone with an oblong bore antique homemade matchlock to prove a point, Tarzan has threatened to blow the place up with a truck bomb--but not before Hornbuckle runs through a crowd of people while driving the thing-- and Obs... well, I don't know for sure but it either involves a chainsaw, fentanyl, or possibly death by squirrels, and DLP is packing to make sure that he can take out the squirrels before they get to him.

To my European cousins: come visit and I will happily take you shooting. It's fun. The people are really nice. We're totally not crazy. You'll have a great time at the range and have a story to tell your friends.

Obs

Beetlegeuse is ready to shoot someone with an oblong bore antique homemade matchlock to prove a point, Tarzan has threatened to blow the place up with a truck bomb--but not before Hornbuckle runs through a crowd of people while driving the thing-- and Obs... well, I don't know for sure but it either involves a chainsaw, fentanyl, or possibly death by squirrels, and DLP is packing to make sure that he can take out the squirrels before they get to him.

To my European cousins: come visit and I will happily take you shooting. It's fun. The people are really nice. We're totally not crazy. You'll have a great time at the range and have a story to tell your friends.

Marcus comes shooting with me.

Haha. I would love to see Marcus go to the range with obs. But Marcus, leave your domination sex toys in England please
    marcus300 and Obs like this.

Now that's funny lol. Tarzan would defiantly plant bombs and homemade shit. He is scary lol

I love the United States I've been many times but never fired a gun. I'd like to try it one day over the pond.

All anyone needs to do is mention take your guns away and you boys blow up. It's fun to watch and doubt it will never happen. I understand your passion it's just very strange to read when you don't have them around.

I do think they should all be banned though
    guitarzan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Haha. I would love to see Marcus go to the range with obs. But Marcus, leave your domination sex toys in England please
    obs is a pussy cat towards you Tarzan. id need more than latex to protect me

That's a total pass, you shoot your DYI guns alone... And good luck

Shooting is fun, you are correct. I shoot myself quite a bit. Got a metal target shaped like a rabbit out in my garden

Americans shouldnt have guns though
    You cant be trusted

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    obs is a pussy cat towards you Tarzan. id need more than latex to protect me
    If you can get the toys through customs we will have more fun with them than at the range.

Obs
    Shooting is fun, you are correct. I shoot myself quite a bit. Got a metal target shaped like a rabbit out in my garden

Americans shouldnt have guns though
    You cant be trusted
    Thats what we want you to believe.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    1- 3/4" black pipe
    2- 12g shot shell
    3- ball peen hammer
    4- balls enough to strike primer with hammer
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    1- 3/4" black pipe
    2- 12g shot shell
    3- ball peen hammer
    5 - meth head
    6 - disaster
    Ernst and cousinmuscles like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    1- 3/4" black pipe
    2- 12g shot shell
    3- ball peen hammer
    I know a marine that set these up around his property with a mouse trap on a trip wire.
    He cut and bent the mouse trap striker to hit the primer. He loaded the shells with rock salt. Dont know of anyone getting shot by one though.

Same dude that taught me the bungee cord ak-47 trick for peeling out and leaving live fire.

And yet another blow to gun control.

In case you didn't know, the "receiver" of a firearm, which in the case of an AR15 is the lower portion of the receiver (known colloquially as "the lower") is the only part of a firearm that is required to be serialized, and the only component that is federally-controlled. Unless you make it yourself, because the requirement to serialize firearms only applies to commercial firearms manufacturers, not to individuals. It's illegal to remove the serial number from a serialized firearm, or to possess one with a removed serial number, but not to make or possess a firearm that was never serialized.

This is toothpaste that can never be put back into the tube.

Making an AR15 Lower From Soda Cans: GunCraft101’s Extreme Recycling Project

July 2, 2018 by The Arms Guide Guest Writer

YouTuber GunCraft101 melts aluminum cans, casts them in a mold, and then machines them into an AR-15 lower receiver. This is a feel good Earth friendly recycling project that everyone can love.

***There is not enough information included in this video to build a firearm. ***

“This was a huge project for me, and I learned a lot. I also made a multi-part video series of the complete build with all the challenges, hiccups, and details, so check out those vids if you want more.”

FAQ:

1. How long did it take? I estimate it took 30-40 hours over a 2 month period to build.

2. Why not buy an 80% lower? This was all about the challenge and learning more metal working skills. I wasn’t going for easy or fast. I had a blast making this!

3. Is it legal? Yes, it is legal to build a gun for personal use without a license or permit.

4. Will you sell it or make me one? No. I do not have a permit to sell guns. Period.

5. Don’t you know it’s not safe to shoot at water? Not true. Bullets may ricochet off of water, just like they could off of steel, stone, or other hard surfaces. As long as you are aware of that fact and make sure the shot is safe even if it ricochets, then it’s fine.

6. Do you have any idea where those bullets are going that you shoot at the water? Yes, into the hill that rises 30 feet up behind it. The video may be deceiving, but there is more than enough of a backstop there.

7. Aren’t you worried about lead in the water? No. Bullets contain elemental lead which is extremely stable and won’t leach into the water. If the bullets were on the ground anywhere in the collection area of the pond every time it rains it would be the same effect as the bullet being in the pond due to run-off. Also, fishing tackle and sinkers are often made of lead as well.

8. Whats the song in the outro? Battleground, by Ethan Meixsell

9. Do you have to put a serial number on it? No, it’s not required by law. But FC101 just made sense.

Please consider sharing, subscribing, liking, etc. If you would like to help support this channel, $1 per month on Patreon would be greatly appreciated! https://www.patreon.com/FarmCraft101

Gun control is not only stupid, it's also futile.

And if you're short on beer cans, just recycle a bunch of spent casings to make your lower from.

Youtuber Makes AR Lower Receiver from Spent Brass
    Patrick Roberts June 28, 2018

YouTuber GunCraft101 posted a video where he makes his own brass AR-10 lower receiver from fired cases.

GunCraft101 starts with 1,425 fired cases to make a 13-pound blank. He then spent about 60 hours turning the blank into one of the coolest AR-10 lowers known to man. You really have to admire this guy’s commitment to producing something with his own hands. You really have to admire this guy’s commitment to producing something with his own hands.

GunCraft101 answered some questions in the video’s description that he anticipates will be asked:

Answers to FAQ’s:

– This took around 60 hours total build time. The brass was significantly harder to machine than the aluminum can lower, so each cut took longer.

– I don’t expect any problems with it holding up over time. They make these out of plastic and they work fine. The lower receiver doesn’t take that much stress in use with an AR platform.

– My mill is a Grizzly 0755: http://www.grizzly.com/products/Heavy…

– I may etch it or mark it in some manner in the future, but I want to experiment on scrap first.

– No, it’s not for sale.

– No, I don’t plan to sell 80% lowers. It’s simply too much work to get to the 80% point. Nobody would like the price!

– It is legal to make a gun for personal use. It would be illegal if I made it with the intent to sell. In some states I would be required to serialize it, but not in my state.

– This is not teaching children or terrorists how to make firearms. This part can be printed out of plastic on a 3D printer that you buy from amazon for $500, while this is probably the hardest method possible to acquire a lower receiver. The only reason to build a gun with this method is because you enjoy the process of metal working. If you just want a gun there are FAR easier and cheaper ways to do it.

This isn’t the first time that GunCraft101 has made a functioning lower out of scrap metal. Last year he made his own AR-15 from soda cans. The entire process is detailed on his YouTube channel but the cliff notes version is he melted a bunch of cans then milled it into a lower.

I especially like it when someone obsoletes one of Mefornia's idiotic anti-gun laws.

For those Mexifornia-legal ARs that don't have a removable magazine, Mean Arms has made a stripper loader that will reload the fixed AR magazine through the ejection port almost as quickly as you can switch magazines.

Allah is indeed Great (but Eugene Stoner is indeed GREATER!)
    Obs likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    I can add my .02 here, since I have experience on both sides of the fence (and therein lies the difference between moi et vous):

I grew up about 2 hrs outside of the city of Chicago where I could look out my living room window and see guys in blaze orange hats hunting small game along the railroad tracks; I grew up in the good'ol days gents... As a budding, red blooded all Am. youth, I craved a gun in the worst way... My father had a shotgun and a few pistols, as he was a small business owner and would leave the bar after closing late at night with a wad of cash, but he was never a hunter. I evolved like a lot of you guys, BB gun at 11 yo, (I was dying for a .410 but my parents weren't buying into the idea, so I started trapping furbearers with legholds in the prarries and streams around the area in an effort to satiate the Call of the Wild.)and finally a shotgun at 13. After that it was "Game On"... In high school at any given time I probably had 5-8 firearms in the closet in my bedroom. In essence, as I am sure my fellow Americans can relate; just an American boy...

Now, after retiring from the US military (THAT shot goes out to my biggest fan; he knows who I'm talking to!), I live in Eastern Europe, but prior to moving out here, on the borders of Slovakia and the Ukraine, I spent about 3 yrs living in France. In my view, roughly 15 yrs of dealing with the European people and their mindset, has given me a wealth of experience...

I have for the past 8 yrs been a firearms owner in Poland, so I am in posession of more than just internet gleaned knowledge concerning this topic. In my experience the European laws are laughable, and would never fly in the USA. Examples being: Before I could purchase my first firearm I had to complete a course, and be an "accepted" member of the local hunters association, and these motherfuckers vote on whether or not they want you in and shit... Any and all forthcoming purchases must be approved by the police, and they can refuse your purchase for absolutely no reason. (I know this as fact, because the wife of the gun shop owner was a student in my school, and she is a police officer with a vested intrest in the sale.) On top of that, before you buy a weapon you are required to own a gun safe, and present proof of this locker upon purchase of any firearms. This gun safe must be fixed in position by three points. Now, you guys are gonna love this one; the local police must be furnished with a diagram of your house showing the exact location of this cabinet within your residence. To add insult to injury, the police can notify you that in the next 48 hours (I believe it is that amount of time)they are coming to your residence to inspect your firearms, and of course, the gun safe had better be where it is listed on the diagram... I have some hectares of fields and forests which I own, and I cannot go out on the property and "bust some caps"; you can only practice on a designated range... My house is in a really isolated area (I had 11 elk just outside my front window a month ago) and I am expressly forbidden to use one of my firearms in defense of my family and my home. All in all, WTF...

As I said, these laws would never fly in the USA, but the Europeans love them. I can say that the societies are much safer, as far as firearms are concerned. I live here for 12 years and I can't recall an incident of a shooting occurring in this country. Also, the relationship between the citizens and law enforcement is completely different, perhaps owing to the absence of weapons, with LEOs treat you like a human being...

Europeans can't understand us and we can't understand them... Of course, they were a people bereft of arms, with swords being the priviledge of the nobility, not to mention firearms... They were raised differently.

Gotta go gents, the wife is up and I need to start my day...

Obs
    Europes #1 porn search is "cuckhold".

They have been royally fucked since all the hard ones left for America. Only reason they exist is because we protected them.

In austrailia guns were ordered to be turned in and you had aussies saying things like, "Well dammit I loved that gun it cost me $500 mate!"

They turned them in.

Hete you have a different mindset.
    Its not the inner city or suburbian morons that mean shit.

Its the pissed off redneck assholes like me that feed 75% if the earth as 1% of the population that will dominate if anyone will.

I was killing shit with a 22 at 4.
    You may take me and my brother out but we will take out thousands in the process.

Most military is small town and rural men.
    Why?

Because we knew from an early age the only one looking out for us was ourself. It was beat into us.
    We got the white genetics and the survive at all costs mindset.

America is what it is because the largest industry on eart is AG.

We have the bulk of it on our terrain.
    Wonder why we are so obsessed with guns?

You can laugh, scoff, and think you know shit but what in the fuck are you bitches gonna do when the people that feed you turn a rifle on you.

The beautiful thing is farmers are all conservative as fuck.

This is why the US gov has fought to consolidate and control farms.

In the end all the politics dont mean shit when the hardest and most powerful motherfuckers on the planet are the ones that feed you.

Give us a breaking point.
    That is all we need and democrat will be a non existent word.
    XnavyHMCS and Chicagotarsier like this.

3D Printed Pistols in London using Popular Composite Designs

The article's structure is too 'fiddly' to replicate here. Click the link in the headline to read.

Homemade guns. Homemade multi-shot handguns. Made in London. With a 3d printer. And without the Queen's permission.

Gun control is dead and anyone says otherwise is an idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information