Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: OBS'S PHARMACOM (Experience Log)

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member
    I know this is a very old post, but if you can get your hands on some Clonidine (not to be confused with clonazepam), It would help your blood pressure more. A beta blocker like atenolol generally just brings down your heart rate. Well at least for me it did. I have to go round and round with doctors about it until finally I go some clonidine and it works perfectly.
    Family_guy and Quester like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You have to be very careful with Catspres/clonidine until you find the appropriate dosage.
    It can work too well and put your BP waaaay low. Beta blockers slow down your heart rhythm and the forcefulness of the contraction, which lowers BP. For my issues, CoReg/carvedilol work great.
    JohnnyBreeze likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    You have to be very careful with Catspres/clonidine until you find the appropriate dosage.
    It can work too well and put your BP waaaay low. Beta blockers slow down your heart rhythm and the forcefulness of the contraction, which lowers BP. For my issues, CoReg/carvedilol work great.
    This is true, you have to titrate up from the lowest dose (0.1mg = 1mcg) until you find your appropriate dose. I can't remember, but I think I wen't up by 1mcg every week until I found mine. Another reason metoprolol didn't work for me is because I have an autonomic dysfunction where my HR goes very high when I stand (130-150 bpm) but when I sit down it's in the low 50's. It made my HR too low when I was sitting down and back then I was pretty much couch bound from the pain.

Also, especially when it comes to BP meds, everybody reacts differently, so one med that works great for this person might be terrible for the next.
    Quester likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread Information