Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: How do you maintain your discipline

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    When you have an addictive and no moderation personality it is easier.
    Every 1lb of weight increase on the bar and every vein I see in my arm makes me want more!

Everyone has time to work out no matter how busy we think we are.
    I never have a set time to go to the gym it is what ever my schedule allows, I have gone in at 4 am or at 11pm.
    Obs and RaginCajun like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Every 1lb of weight increase on the bar and every vein I see in my arm makes me want more!

Everyone has time to work out no matter how busy we think we are.
    The trainer/gym sales guy in me wants to totally promote that. . . But, it's just not true. . . . Last job I held was a POS, kicking and beating my ass one day at a time. . . And yeah, I managed to pull the time for a few workouts a week. But, barely that - my arms would feel like jello shit after digging up the street for hours or jack hammering. My workouts were crap to the point I fell asleep as soon as I got home after.

Everyone & everything never applies
    HoldMyBeer and diesel101 like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    The trainer/gym sales guy in me wants to totally promote that. . . But, it's just not true. . . . Last job I held was a POS, kicking and beating my ass one day at a time. . . And yeah, I managed to pull the time for a few workouts a week. But, barely that - my arms would feel like jello shit after digging up the street for hours or jack hammering. My workouts were crap to the point I fell asleep as soon as I got home after.

Everyone & everything never applies
    Yes your are right there some exceptions. I helped a friend bust up some concrete in his basement awhile back with a sledge hammer and jackhammer.
    After 6 hours of that crap I couldn't raise my arms above my shoulders.
    balance and Obs like this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Yes your are right there some exceptions. I helped a friend bust up some concrete in his basement awhile back with a sledge hammer and jackhammer.
    After 6 hours of that crap I couldn't raise my arms above my shoulders.
    Let’s be real though: if you have a job that involves you rocking a 90+ lbs. jackhammer every day, you don’t NEED to train. Go to any industrial/commercial construction site, and if we could get those fucks to eat properly, they’d look impressive as fuck just from their jobs.
    Obs and diesel101 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Let’s be real though: if you have a job that involves you rocking a 90+ lbs. jackhammer every day, you don’t NEED to train. Go to any industrial/commercial construction site, and if we could get those fucks to eat properly, they’d look impressive as fuck just from their jobs.
    I guess

Prob is that all the guys I worked with were beat up & full of injuries from work

Doing this kinda work isn't for everyone, it tears up your body nothing like lifting weights.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    I ate like a horse and shoveled ten hours a day. Not in a human fashion. I made myself a legend with a shovel. All day every day. I was 175lb at best.
    No AAS, but the kind of muscle to work and the bodybuilding kind are totally different.

Lotscand lots of guys at work were bigger and better looking but I could outdo any five of them and did every day.

Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    I guess

Prob is that all the guys I worked with were beat up & full of injuries from work

Doing this kinda work isn't for everyone, it tears up your body nothing like lifting weights.
    That has a lot more to do with the shit those guys tend to put in their bodies. Hell, you can take the most hard charging fuckers in the gym, load them up daily on mayo sandwiches, KFC and Budweiser and they’re gonna look and feel just as rough as those construction workers (if not worse).

Unfortunately, it IS a bit of a culture divide. Most people who train have enough sense (or quickly learn) to take at least passable care of themselves most of the time. Genpop (manual laborers included), not so much.
    balance likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I ate like a horse and shoveled ten hours a day. Not in a human fashion. I made myself a legend with a shovel. All day every day. I was 175lb at best.
    No AAS, but the kind of muscle to work and the bodybuilding kind are totally different.

Lotscand lots of guys at work were bigger and better looking but I could outdo any five of them and did every day.
    C’mon Obs, dat progressive overload. You just needed a bigger shovel.
    Obs likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post

Agreed. One of my jobs involved digging, the other unloading trucks at UPS. In both, I was the man to beat as well. Decent diet, but no quality muscle gain to speak of.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Agreed. One of my jobs involved digging, the other unloading trucks at UPS. In both, I was the man to beat as well. Decent diet, but no quality muscle gain to speak of.
    Exactly,

You won't gain shit, aside from pains, aches & injuries

But, yeah - a quality diet would help damn near anyone - will you get big or even look fit - prob not
    Proximal likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information