Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Zealand shooting

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's about damn time.

New Zealand Gun Owners Take Govt. to Court over Gun Ban as Gun Crime Soars

Gun crime rates and killings involving guns in New Zealand reached their highest level in a decade this year despite the country's strict gun control measures lauded by left-wing politicians in the United States.
    Gee, I wonder why?

This sucks.

New Zealand Gun Shops Forced to Send Rare Rifles to Scrappers

One of the guns they're going to ruin is an original AR-10 manufactured (under license from Armalite) in Holland in the 1950s. Two others are high-end, Belgian-made Browning BAR MkIIs with the fancy engraving. The walnut on Brownings back then was the most exquisite in existence outside of the fine English gun houses because Browning had its own walnut groves. When saplings got to a certain size they'd beat hell out of them with axe handles and log chains. That caused irregularities in the bark of the tree when small that turned into burl when the tree matured. These BARs were made almost 40 years ago, cost $3500 USD when new, and are in near-perfect condition.

What a tragedy.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    This sucks.

New Zealand Gun Shops Forced to Send Rare Rifles to Scrappers

One of the guns they're going to ruin is an original AR-10 manufactured (under license from Armalite) in Holland in the 1950s. Two others are high-end, Belgian-made Browning BAR MkIIs with the fancy engraving. The walnut on Brownings back then was the most exquisite in existence outside of the fine English gun houses because Browning had its own walnut groves. When saplings got to a certain size they'd beat hell out of them with axe handles and log chains. That caused irregularities in the bark of the tree when small that turned into burl when the tree matured. These BARs were made almost 40 years ago, cost $3500 USD when new, and are in near-perfect condition.

What a tragedy.
    Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Surprise! ..... not.

From New Zealand:

Rise in gun crime despite government clampdown after terror attack

The government's clampdown on firearms and seizures of high-powered semi-automatic weapons has had no impact on a rise in gun crime and violence in New Zealand.

Today marks the second anniversary of the Christchurch terror attacks, in which military style semi-automatic weapons, purchased legally, were used to gun down 51 innocent worshippers.

That sparked tougher gun laws and the much debated firearms buy-back.

But in 2020, gun crime hit a new peak.

Police figures show 2399 people were charged with 4542 firearm-related offences, nearly double that of a decade earlier....

I agree.
    Gun crime is out of control.
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I agree.
    Gun crime is out of control.
    Agreed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information