Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: My past life before the fitness industry

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post

I was half-considering going down the pastor road. . . but I stopped going to church two or three months ago after too many bad experiences.

For the time being I'm trying to move away from faith, and immerse myself more in the grim reality of life, as I don't think I'll ever come to terms with the suicide of my exgf if I keep trying to focus on the supernatural. I think focusing on faith right now would hinder me in facing death (my own and others').
    This kind of thing is where I always recommend someone read the book Tea Time With the Reaper. It’s also available in an audiobook style for free as the first episode of the Tea Time With the Reaper podcast.

Our culture sucks at talking about, preparing for and handling death.

Nitmare67 is offline Junior Member
    My gf of 3 years has a Bachelors from UC Davis in psychology and a Masters from Scranton in Human Resources. Shes the smartest person I've ever met.... of anyone, any sex ever. Shes brilliant. Myself I have 2 associate degrees in Electrical. I was an electrician, worked my way up to an engineering roll, was an area engineer for a major company, west coast US reliability manager.... Now I'm the Electrical Engineering Manager for a major food manufacturing company.... I make double the money she does and more than anyone else I know. I paid for my junior college degrees working 70 hours a week on graveyard as a mechanic in a factory. I have zero student loans. I'm actually really lucky that I ended up down this path because as much as I would like to say I planned it... I didn't. I just worked hard, made some good moves and luck has something to do with that. My point out of all of this.... College education is great but its not the end all be all in success and money making.

I often suggest electrical as a trade for people to go into.... get a 2 year degree or even an apprenticeship and in only a couple years you're making 40+ dollars an hour and over 120k a year with some OT. Not too shabby.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post
    I was half-considering going down the pastor road. . . but I stopped going to church two or three months ago after too many bad experiences.

For the time being I'm trying to move away from faith, and immerse myself more in the grim reality of life, as I don't think I'll ever come to terms with the suicide of my exgf if I keep trying to focus on the supernatural. I think focusing on faith right now would hinder me in facing death (my own and others').
    In the end my hand will be waiting for you for all the shit you've done. Time flies and I will collect. The innocent cry for your rebuke and time passes....
    Attachment 177764
    Cuz and Mooseman33 like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Damn! Pretty decent
    I'm interested in the field but there are no customers in my country, you fend for few. However, Thailand where I usually live has started to become much more fitness inspired recent years.
    The amount of machines and preferably (handsome) buff white dudes with knowledge is high demand and has high amount of customers potential.
    Learn the lingo and a decent youtube channel would probably earn you a few million there in a few years.
    Well I’ll be damned

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    After having $ & being around it long enough, I can say it’s not everything - but, it sure do help

After this year is over I considering a complete career change. It has to be a part of my whole midlife crises crap. Chasing fast hard cash got old, mostly everyone I know is either dead, serving very lengthy prison sentences or broke & crazy af living pretty much on the street.

It’s been a long decade

But, working some pos Amazon delivery job or being a “trainer” isn’t gonna pay for either one of these cash along with a cash paid house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	788C1C8A-1209-4C9F-AC0D-725D48BAB007.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	177770

I dunno, some good education & some boring ass 75k a year job doesn’t sound too bad rn.
    GearHeaded and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information