• 1 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 2 Post By Octaneforce

Thread: Weddings are selfish

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Weddings are selfish

What is this trend of insane weddings with 200+ people? How do people afford this? Im 26 so im at that age where people make the awful decision to get married. Which is fine, but why do they have to get tons of other people involved for a 5+ hour event where i have to miss a lift, wear a fuckin suit, and pretend to be nice to people i barely know? And im expected to give a cash gift of a minimum of 200 dollars? (Realistically more).
    And jesus christ some of my buddies that have got forced into this insane competition by their future ex wives even have the audacity to ask me to be a groomsman. Dude fuck that. I have to spend an entire day pretending to give a fuck that two people finally settled for each other? No thanks. Ive already declined a few of my friends who are getting/gotten married and I’ll be honest it hurt their feelings and i *almost* felt bad about it. But its hard to irish exit a wedding that your a groomsman at.
    Nobody will remember your wedding. Nobody cares about it. These modern women have a fairy tale that men just continue trying to fulfill in hopes to get laid consistently. Instead of blowing 50k on a wedding why not use that downpayment for a house and get out of that nasty basement apartment?

I know i sound like a scumbag here but i cant be the only one seeing this retarded pattern. If your happily married then i envy you because I’ll likely be a grumpy old man forever.
    diesel101, Obs, sv.elia and 2 others like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    What is this trend of insane weddings with 200+ people? How do people afford this? Im 26 so im at that age where people make the awful decision to get married. Which is fine, but why do they have to get tons of other people involved for a 5+ hour event where i have to miss a lift, wear a fuckin suit, and pretend to be nice to people i barely know? And im expected to give a cash gift of a minimum of 200 dollars? (Realistically more).
    And jesus christ some of my buddies that have got forced into this insane competition by their future ex wives even have the audacity to ask me to be a groomsman. Dude fuck that. I have to spend an entire day pretending to give a fuck that two people finally settled for each other? No thanks. Ive already declined a few of my friends who are getting/gotten married and I’ll be honest it hurt their feelings and i *almost* felt bad about it. But its hard to irish exit a wedding that your a groomsman at.
    Nobody will remember your wedding. Nobody cares about it. These modern women have a fairy tale that men just continue trying to fulfill in hopes to get laid consistently. Instead of blowing 50k on a wedding why not use that downpayment for a house and get out of that nasty basement apartment?

I know i sound like a scumbag here but i cant be the only one seeing this retarded pattern. If your happily married then i envy you because I’ll likely be a grumpy old man forever.
    I agree its crazy,
    My advice to all single men is just remember it's cheaper to rent than own.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I agree its crazy,
    My advice to all single men is just remember it's cheaper to rent than own.
    I am fortunate enough to own my house alone and I’ll never let a woman put her name on that deed. Buying a house with a woman is almost as bad as marrying her.

However In hindsight, renting was alot easier. I almost want to rent out my house and live in a little apartment somewhere lol.
    JaneDoe and Obs like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Man, if someone expected a gift like that I wouldnt attend but its not like I will attend anyway.
    I barely showed up to my own wedding.
    Should have gone with my instincts.

Seriously though a $200 gift expectancy is a first class ticket the fuck out of my life.
    I would expect nothing but a true friends company and would feel terrible if they spent that on me.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am fortunate enough to own my house alone and I’ll never let a woman put her name on that deed. Buying a house with a woman is almost as bad as marrying her.

However In hindsight, renting was alot easier. I almost want to rent out my house and live in a little apartment somewhere lol.
    I actually meant renting the woman instead of owning
    Obs and Octaneforce like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I actually meant renting the woman instead of owning
    Lmao I understood that one quickly.
    diesel101 likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Weddings are selfish

Everyone doesn’t see it the same though.some cherish their wedding day forever..usually the women..if I had a beautiful sweetheart of a girl I would probably do my best to make her happy on that day too..men are not near as sentimental about romance..I’ve ditched many weddings in my day but should have went, food, beautiful girls, all high on romance and champagne..it’s not that bad..iam not too social but I’ll make it if family or someone I give a fuck about..the money spent sometimes seems foolish but, it’s not mine to spend..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-06-2020 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Actually read instead of skimmed op post
    Octaneforce, Obs and Cuz like this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Apparently you think it's okay to talk shit about them when there's no chance of any blowback but you're not willing to stand by your convictions and accept the consequences of refusing to attend an event that offends you so. Stop trying to blame other people for your own spinelessness. If if offends your sensibilities or if you don't care enough about the happy couple to be willing to endure a little inconvenience and make a contribution to their wedding day memories, DON'T ACCEPT THE FUCKING INVITATION.
    tarmyg likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Actually, my wife and I got married on 11.25 acres of land we had purchased while dating for numerous years. We got married in a Redi-craft building by a notary that could barely say our names, although she had known me for decades. The mastiffs wouldn't let her in the house.

The night I got married I went and picked up a rescue mastiff from the MCOA. He wasn't settled in well, and I had built him a large doghouse with a deck. He was outside "singing at the moon" so wife spent our honeymoon night outside with a new mastiff. Absolutely the best watchdog we ever had. He would stay by the wife while she picked blackberries and Damsen plums, but he would stop at nothing to protect her.

Don't know if this fits into the thread content, bit let's just say from mine and the Mrs. AG's point of view, save the money and skip the ceremonial crap. If you want to piss away money, wait until your 10th anniversary and go on a cruise to Alaska or Iceland. ....just my 2 cc.
    Octaneforce, Ernst and KINGKONG like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I do not get what you are on about Octane? If you go to a wedding, you choose to go because you genuinely want to or you want to show respect or whatever your reason is. "audacity to ask me to be a groomsman," this I do not get. Unless you have clearly stated the above feelings in a candid way to your friends exactly how are they supposed to know not to ask you? They are not exactly mind readers. If people bother you that much stop socializing, move far away from where no-one knows you and do not make any new friends who can have the "audacity" to ask you and you will be all set.

You are not a grumpy old man, you are whining!
    Cuz likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Apparently you think it's okay to talk shit about them when there's no chance of any blowback but you're not willing to stand by your convictions and accept the consequences of refusing to attend an event that offends you so. Stop trying to blame other people for your own spinelessness. If if offends your sensibilities or if you don't care enough about the happy couple to be willing to endure a little inconvenience and make a contribution to their wedding day memories, DON'T ACCEPT THE FUCKING INVITATION.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I do not get what you are on about Octane? If you go to a wedding, you choose to go because you genuinely want to or you want to show respect or whatever your reason is. "audacity to ask me to be a groomsman," this I do not get. Unless you have clearly stated the above feelings in a candid way to your friends exactly how are they supposed to know not to ask you? They are not exactly mind readers. If people bother you that much stop socializing, move far away from where no-one knows you and do not make any new friends who can have the "audacity" to ask you and you will be all set.

You guys got me. Cant argue with any of that. But i will say its not the marriage itself im bashing, its the calibre of the event. Its hard to understand if you arent from an area that handles these types of weddings. The venues around here are crrazzyy. Sorry i sound so mean. But its invite after invite in the mail with the same silly engagement pictures.
    JaneDoe likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Vegas or Reno Baby. Talked the wife into Eloping. Best decision ever.
    Octaneforce and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post

Weddings suck tarmyg.
    Friends should be mind readers and if they expect a $200 gift they arent a friend.

I worked with a guy before I was married, I liked.
    I told him I was getting married and I saw this "Oh fuck..." look on his face.

I knew what he was worried about so I drug it out and said. "Well, since I am getting married... And since you are someone I like... You are not invited because you are my friend and I wouldn't do that shit to you!"

He was so relieved!
    Lmao I think the poor bastard thought he was going to be a best man which I didn't have because I am an asshole/dick and people don't stay in my life long because I dont want them to.

My divorce finalization was a great day.
    Octaneforce, KINGKONG and lovbyts like this.

Obs
    Btw tarmyg 90% of people on this board are antisocial as well as introverts.
    Richard Head and KINGKONG like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Been to em all

I still rather go to a weeding than a funeral. Me & one of my closest bro’s we’re having this exact convo before he overdosed & died - I much would of rather gone to his overpriced wedding

People & debt never stop tho. People can’t control themselves with shit, staying within their means is one.

But, rich folk throwing down some serious cash on wedding tho, is a glorious event

balance is offline Associate Member

Weddings are selfish

I believe you are really overthinking this. If you don’t want to go don’t. If you do but feel like your contribution (gift) is not fitting mention it to the friend getting hitched. Friends that really matter can talk pretty openly if you can’t well then...

Last edited by balance; 01-06-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Octaneforce and KINGKONG like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I got married in my Aunts living room, 10 people.........I found them at 7 Eleven.....great day.

Most of those big weddings you are talking about the parents pay for them as the gift to their children. Then the gifts the people give is their future, house or what ever. Think 200$ X 100 would be a nice payoff after having a huge party your parents paid for.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I got married in my Aunts living room, 10 people.........I found them at 7 Eleven.....great day.

Most of those big weddings you are talking about the parents pay for them as the gift to their children. Then the gifts the people give is their future, house or what ever. Think 200$ X 100 would be a nice payoff after having a huge party your parents paid for.
    I hear this alot. However things are getting tighter on long island. Its so insanely expensive to live here and people are getting married at older ages than usual. I have 2 friends right now that are currently financing their weddings. But you are right, many wealthy parents just pay for the wedding and the kids collect the gifts.

A 7-11 wedding sounds good to me. Everyone hold up your slurpee for the toast.
    Obs likes this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Women dress for each other (especially their shoes), women style their hair for each other, and women cater their weddings for each other. It's all about bragging rights, one-upsmanship, keeping up with the Joneses.

They're willing to spend the price of C-Class Mercedes to get to be Cinderella for a day despite the fact that on average that marriage will last just 8.2 years (in the US).

The money would be better spent on the Mercedes.
    HORSE and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Women dress for each other (especially their shoes), women style their hair for each other, and women cater their weddings for each other. It's all about bragging rights, one-upsmanship, keeping up with the Joneses.

They're willing to spend the price of C-Class Mercedes to get to be Cinderella for a day despite the fact that on average that marriage will last just 8.2 years (in the US).

The money would be better spent on the Mercedes.
    I think the dress for deeper reasons such as making men want to touch them.
    Then they act all creeped out when they look over and see me staring.
    Attachment 177878

Ugh...
    Yeah honey... You wore those 4" stilettos and that thong you keep flashing because its comfortable, not so guys would enjoy the view. Gimme a freakin break
    Cuz, Octaneforce, lovbyts and 2 others like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hear this alot. However things are getting tighter on long island. Its so insanely expensive to live here and people are getting married at older ages than usual. I have 2 friends right now that are currently financing their weddings. But you are right, many wealthy parents just pay for the wedding and the kids collect the gifts.

IMO financing a wedding is STUPID and would be one of the biggest red flags as a warning to NOT get married if the woman is ok with it. You finance a house and new car if you have to but NOT a wedding.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yes Long Island is crazy about weddings, but just so you know things are a lot tighter else where, I wish I had been better with all my LI money. It’s much easier to make money up by you, trust me.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Yes Long Island is crazy about weddings, but just so you know things are a lot tighter else where, I wish I had been better with all my LI money. It’s much easier to make money up by you, trust me.
    Sell weed to tourists.
    You can glue a mussel shell to a board and sell it to the idiots for $20
    BG likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Weddings are selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Sell weed to tourists.
    You can glue a mussel shell to a board and sell it to the idiots for $20
    Hmmmmmmmmm
    New career?

Obs likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I understand the operator of this topic!
    Marriage is religious obligation of patriarchy, which makes men themselves "slaves"
    The purpose of marriage is
    Kill yourself from working to support your wife and children.

Men themselves abdicate of live their lives, to give a great life of luxury to their wives and children.

While your own goals are set aside; this is the idea of ​​slavery of the patriarchy!

Oh my god !

Do all men need to get married?

Of course not ; But the patriarchy system wants to make you marry!

Women heat up the economy with their shopping, fucking kids toys, etc.So this idea of ​​marriage will always be implanted in the minds of men.They know that women are big consumers, love to take care of the fucking beauty, make hair, nails etc.

So the idea of ​​marriage will always be defended by the fucking conservatives

I am a guy who wonder:

__

Why would men need to have only one woman to be happy?

Couldn't men relate to many women sexually to feel much better?

Marriage is slavery !!!
    Octaneforce likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Operator, I'll tell you something:

___

I see the ceremony as a circus - in which the couple will be separated after 2 years of marriage.

The wife will try to take all of her husband's properties and he will eventually fuck himself
    Octaneforce likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    I understand the operator of this topic!
    Marriage is religious obligation of patriarchy, which makes men themselves "slaves"
    The purpose of marriage is
    Kill yourself from working to support your wife and children.

Men themselves abdicate of live their lives, to give a great life of luxury to their wives and children.

While your own goals are set aside; this is the idea of ​​slavery of the patriarchy!

Oh my god !

Do all men need to get married?

Of course not ; But the patriarchy system wants to make you marry!

Women heat up the economy with their shopping, fucking kids toys, etc.So this idea of ​​marriage will always be implanted in the minds of men.They know that women are big consumers, love to take care of the fucking beauty, make hair, nails etc.

So the idea of ​​marriage will always be defended by the fucking conservatives

I am a guy who wonder:

__

Why would men need to have only one woman to be happy?

Couldn't men relate to many women sexually to feel much better?

Marriage is slavery !!!
    Amen

However i probably stimulate the economy by buying boats and motorcycles for myself because im single and i have zero supervision.

Another question i get from married people that notice my anti marriage views; “dont you worry about getting old and being alone? If you dont have a wife and kids who will take cars of you?”
    To which i answer; i have my own retirement fund and private disability insurance that will easily afford me a nurse IF i even live that long. And I’ll make sure i oogle the nurse the way obs did in his pic (hopefully a female nurse)
    JaneDoe and Obs like this.

Thread Information