• 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By moetorious
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Sleep apnea

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Sleep apnea

Does anyone believe that weightlifting increases the chances of sleep apnea?
    I ask this because I was just diagnosed with a severe case. The sleep apnea started around the time I started competing.
    I would imagine that working the neck muscles makes a larger outer diameter and a smaller Diameter internally.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It definitely seems to. Granted, beyond a certain individual weight threshold, everyone will develop it to some degree. However, people who carry more of their fat on their necks and heads in genpop have more issues with it. It would stand to reason that large volumes of musculature will do the same, because even though it’s contractile tissue, it relaxes during sleep, making it just as problematic as fat.
    sv.elia likes this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think it does. After a hard chest day it seems a bit harder to breathe. Think about the extra weight of muscle and the tightness of the chest, seems to me it would be a bit harder for the diaphram to expand and contract. My non medical opinion!

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I was diagnosed well before I put on any real size. The extra size did make it worse. I hated the cpap and had my soft palette and tonsils removed and fixed the deviated septum. Much better now.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Same exact shit here

They done diagnosed my big ass neck having self last time I had a real DOT physical

idgaf - I’ll b a breath away from dead before I make myself wear that nite time breathing apparatus
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    Same exact shit here

They done diagnosed my big ass neck having self last time I had a real DOT physical

idgaf - I’ll b a breath away from dead before I make myself wear that nite time breathing apparatus
    I need to try it. Sometimes I am not sure if I will wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I need to try it. Sometimes I am not sure if I will wake up.

Try waking up not breathing and your body is paralyzed. You can’t breath and you can’t move. That was some scary shit. Hell I thought it was a poltergeist trying to kill me until I did research and learned it was sleep apnea.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Blog Entries
    ^ WTF u fuckers r scaring me hur

Never had that - yet

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Try waking up not breathing and your body is paralyzed. You can’t breath and you can’t move. That was some scary shit. Hell I thought it was a poltergeist trying to kill me until I did research and learned it was sleep apnea.
    exactly this ..

first time it developed and came upon me I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I was in the middle of a heavy leg day. not too long back I woke up yelling at my wife asking her why the fk in hell she was she choking me. she obviously wasn't choking me in my sleep , I then presumed it was a damn evil sprit or something . but its simply sleep apnea

sleep apnea causes a ton of other down stream health problems .. if you die of a heart attack at 55 its likely from living with sleep apnea for 15 years . its a serious problem and should be addressed. its the cause of 90% of any health problem you ever have

I'm not a big guy. but I have it.. I started in this game at 147 pounds and bulked up to a lean 210 pounds (with lots of gear). that is not that big at all . but its way beyond my natural set point ... its caused me sleep apnea. my heart and lungs and vascular system were designed to maintain a 160 pound body and thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    exactly this ..

first time it developed and came upon me I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I was in the middle of a heavy leg day. not too long back I woke up yelling at my wife asking her why the fk in hell she was she choking me. she obviously wasn't choking me in my sleep , I then presumed it was a damn evil sprit or something . but its simply sleep apnea

sleep apnea causes a ton of other down stream health problems .. if you die of a heart attack at 55 its likely from living with sleep apnea for 15 years . its a serious problem and should be addressed. its the cause of 90% of any health problem you ever have

I'm not a big guy. but I have it.. I started in this game at 147 pounds and bulked up to a lean 210 pounds (with lots of gear). that is not that big at all . but its way beyond my natural set point ... its caused me sleep apnea. my heart and lungs and vascular system were designed to maintain a 160 pound body and thats about it
    My understanding is when you get into a certain sleep your mind shuts your body down(paralysis). You wake up suffocating but your body isn’t turned back on. I remember trying to scream and move but couldn’t do either.

Evil spirit ? I started sleeping with an open bible on my night stand. I never get a sucubus. Lol
    GearHeaded likes this.

My understanding is when you get into a certain sleep your mind shuts your body down(paralysis). You wake up suffocating but your body isn’t turned back on. I remember trying to scream and move but couldn’t do either.

Evil spirit ? I started sleeping with an open bible on my night stand. I never get a sucubus. Lol
    heck 25 years ago , way before sleep apnea kicked in , I used to get 'sleep paralysis' .. I would wake up in the middle of the night and be unable to move or speak at all . I was totally stuck in a dead body essentially.. then when that happened this dark shadow would come into the room and attempt to "eat my soul" or destroy me somehow .

sounds totally weird and crazy . but happened to me at least 50+ times

I started sleeping with an open bible on my night stand. I never get a sucubus. Lol
    instead of sleeping with a bible and the cross above the bed .. I simply decided to memorize the Bible from beginning to end. I know every last word and jot and tittle . its in me.

now I just am stuck with sleep apnea cause I got bigger then what my body was naturally supposed to get.

but no matter what , I wake up every single night at 3am without fail .. its the 'sprits' calling me
    Quester likes this.

instead of sleeping with a bible and the cross above the bed .. I simply decided to memorize the Bible from beginning to end. I know every last word and jot and tittle . its in me.

now I just am stuck with sleep apnea cause I got bigger then what my body was naturally supposed to get.

but no matter what , I wake up every single night at 3am without fail .. its the 'sprits' calling me
    I had a long talk with Obs a while back about the Witching Hour. It used to really mess me up. Like clockwork I’d wake up at 3am and start having the thoughts. Thought it was just me before talking to Obs.
    GearHeaded likes this.

I had a long talk with Obs a while back about the Witching Hour. It used to really mess me up. Like clockwork I’d wake up at 3am and start having the thoughts. Thought it was just me before talking to Obs.
    lol . yep , its me too. I personally think it only happens to spiritually deep people who are in tune with things and who are naturally 'bad ass' (don't mean that in a tough guy way). its people with a certain calling on them.. without that calling you sleep through the hours peacefully like a little baby . but for guys like us its an agony on our souls
    Capebuffalo likes this.

lol . yep , its me too. I personally think it only happens to spiritually deep people who are in tune with things and who are naturally 'bad ass' (don't mean that in a tough guy way). its people with a certain calling on them.. without that calling you sleep through the hours peacefully like a little baby . but for guys like us its an agony on our souls
    In my case the darker the night the darker the thoughts. Obs sent me a great article on it. I wish I’d saved it. I’d share it.

In my case the darker the night the darker the thoughts. Obs sent me a great article on it. I wish I’d saved it. I’d share it.
    shots of whisky before bed so I could finally turn my mind off worked for a lot of years .. my body is no longer accepting that. my mind and sprit is going to have to adjust to a new way . part of me just says "I will kill you all at once" and I think that will fix things but it doesn't quite work that way

s . part of me just says "I will kill you all at once" and I think that will fix things but it doesn't quite work that way
    you can't just beat the fuck out of a 'spirit' like you can a man that pisses you off .. as much as you want to just kick some physical ass , it doesn't work that way . you have to learn to 'own it' in other ways .. master it, beat it , and make it yours
    Capebuffalo likes this.

you can't just beat the fuck out of a 'spirit' like you can a man that pisses you off .. as much as you want to just kick some physical ass , it doesn't work that way . you have to learn to 'own it' in other ways .. master it, beat it , and make it yours
    I feel normal now. LOL
    When I did the study I woke up like every 45 minutes with my heart racing. I knew that I had stopped breathing for my heart to be racing like that..... or maybe a wet dream I couldn’t remember. LOL

SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Was literally just diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea last week...definitely started after I put on mass. Getting fitted for a moth piece next week otherwise it’s the CPAP for me. Tired of dreaming I’m drowning or trapped under ice only to wake up gasping for air. Scary shit. My wife’s number one complaint too. Me gasping and snoring.

The price we pay....
    Capebuffalo likes this.

shots of whisky before bed so I could finally turn my mind off worked for a lot of years .. my body is no longer accepting that. my mind and sprit is going to have to adjust to a new way . part of me just says "I will kill you all at once" and I think that will fix things but it doesn't quite work that way
    2 shots of Zquil before bed one shot around 1am is working pretty good for me.

99JT is offline Member
    Not sure if it's related or not but I have noticed recently that if I lay on my chest my heart rate is a good 10-15 bpm higher than laying on my back or side.

Blog Entries
    At this point, most of my “mild” health concerns are being treated like my blood work, for which I have no hurry to get results from

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

I read about this lady actress one time who had sleep apnea really bad, and so she progressed from regular movies to 'deepthroat' to cure herself. I'm told that technique really broadens the esophagus.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post

I read about this lady actress one time who had sleep apnea really bad, and so she progressed from regular movies to 'deepthroat' to cure herself. I'm told that technique really broadens the esophagus.

Also I'm told men get paid 10 times more for intragender scenes.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Never really thought about it but I was diagnosed with mine when I started putting some size on.

moetorious is offline Junior Member
    Once your diagnosed with sleep apnea do you “always” have it?? Can It be reversed if you lose weight and muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by moetorious View Post
    Once your diagnosed with sleep apnea do you “always” have it?? Can It be reversed if you lose weight and muscle?
    Great question, I’m but sure but going to guess it’s reversible. The extra mass and weight is what’s pushing on the soft palate and esophagus, remove the weight, remove the pressure. Makes sense I would think??

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.

Sleep apnea

Mine started when my doctor put me on testosterone . Then I looked it up. It looks like Test is known to cause or worsen sleep apnea.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/8/3605/2845283

Last edited by C27H40O3; 01-26-2020 at 02:08 PM.

balance is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorious View Post
    Interestingly enough I snore pretty bad anytime over 210lbs (and it gets quite noticeably worse at 215+). However at 200lbs and under I do not snore. This is according to my wife.

Also I recently read an article on this topic and it was mentioned that humans tongue (muscle) is very marbled in comparison to most other muscles. I believe it also mentioned that the fatty tongue marbling was quite unusual in comparison to most other animal. Now I guess we know where the term chewing the fat may have originated

moetorious is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Interestingly enough I snore pretty bad anytime over 210lbs (and it gets quite noticeably worse at 215+). However at 200lbs and under I do not snore. This is according to my wife.

Also I recently read an article on this topic and it was mentioned that humans tongue (muscle) is very marbled in comparison to most other muscles. I believe it also mentioned that the fatty tongue marbling was quite unusual in comparison to most other animal. Now I guess we know where the term chewing the fat may have originated

Its amazing how human body works

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Before electricity, people used to wake up after four hours of sleep and do things like go on walks, gather, etc... Then, about an hour later, they would go back to sleep for another four hours.
    -
    For OSA, in addition to the corrective actions mentioned above, there are devices, kinda like a mouth guard in contact sports, that fit in the mouth one can obtain from a dentist.-

Sleep apnea can be reversible. I had an appointment with the Dr today. Usually losing weight helps to open the throat area.

I scored a 20 out of 24. You should be at 0. LOL
    When on my back, I stopped breathing 73 times in an hour. My longest time was 40 seconds.
    The good news is the oxygen did not get that bad. And my heartbeat was mostly good however it did go as high as 101.

Quester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Sleep apnea can be reversible. I had an appointment with the Dr today. Usually losing weight helps to open the throat area.

I scored a 20 out of 24. You should be at 0. LOL
    When on my back, I stopped breathing 73 times in an hour. My longest time was 40 seconds.
    The good news is the oxygen did not get that bad. And my heartbeat was mostly good however it did go as high as 101.

Holy shit Charger, that’s a lot! I have my sleep
    study scheduled in two weeks. Have to see how I stack up, lol

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Holy shit Charger, that’s a lot! I have my sleep
    study scheduled in two weeks. Have to see how I stack up, lol
    Yes. It was a lot worse than I thought. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Wait - might as well

Wtf is this Inspire shit I see on Tv? Implant of some sort?

Just seen that commercial again when I was on here

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    I always snored but the apnea got really bad when I started TRT.

My wife took a video of me while I was sleeping. I stopped breathing and then started gasping for air, it was scary to watch.

Know I sleep with a CPAP machine and its made a huge difference in my mood and over all well being.

I use a phillips dream wear

Blog Entries
    I just stopped breathing, helped my well-being so much & my allergies are non existent now
    charger69 likes this.

Thread Information