Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: US gyms stil open?

99JT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I closed my gym to public a week or so ago.. only let in like 5-10 people at a time (friends, family, faithful members, etc.).. that was not enough. state called us and told us to totally lock the doors and shut it all down, period. this is total bullshit
    Thats total BS my gym tried to do the same thing schedule times and limit it to 5 members at a time (unusually never more than 10-15 on a busy day normally) well that lasted less than a day before he was threatened with a $10000 fine, yet Walmart is aloud to have literally hundreds of people in the store. Now I own my own restaurant and had to close the dining room (75% of my business) and do take out only and at this point theirs no help from the government, I had to stop talking my pay check so I apply for unemployment and get hit with we need 3 years of tax returns, x months of bank statements, your going to have to be a hearing... wtf is that going to show my business was pretty much shut down last week and it's beyond my control.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm a private owned gym.. around 800 members. I've had lots of members tell me they will keep their membership even though our doors are locked. those members are loyal and realize their small $45 a month membership will keep the economy going and help people out.
    members that bitch and complain, and only come to the gym 2x per month anyway and now want their money back cause the door is temporarily locked are assholes .. cancel your membership and please never come back. in fact , I'm going to charge you a huge fee if you ever even do want to come back.

then there are those people who are not members calling me asking if they can buy or rent my equipment for home use. lol, get the fuk out of here, your not even a member and I'm going to help you outfit your home gym.

on the other end of the spectrum .. I have loyal members that have offered to help me out in many ways. these people will get copies of my personal key to the gym and be hired as "security workers" to keep an eye on the gym and the assets ,, and of course they will be welcome to workout during their shift
    I hope this blows over quickly so you can get your business back on track, and me my job. If it wasn't for the smaller gyms, I would have been working out from home. LA Fitness and the like get way too crowded and full of teeny boppers. I need a place to focus and be in & out.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I closed my gym to public a week or so ago.. only let in like 5-10 people at a time (friends, family, faithful members, etc.).. that was not enough. state called us and told us to totally lock the doors and shut it all down, period. this is total bullshit

Now that's going too far. That should be the least of their worries. Your gym looked plenty big enough for every to have a 6' personal space around them with no problem at all.

Over-regulation = bad regulation. I hate to hear that, GH.
    GearHeaded likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Even up here in the sticks of South Dakota everything is starting to shut down. Gym officially closed at 10 last night, luckily for me I am a trainer there so being an employee the owner said I still could use the gym.
    almostgone likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here in SoCal, they tell us to stay home, so we fill up the beach. LOL
    Now they close the beach.
    Now we can only congregate outside of Costco and the dispensary for marijuana. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information