Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Losing energy f******

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Actually, I am looking for some interpretation that I think the guys on here have.
    I just had a ULTRASOUND of my thyroid. The speed that I was communicated of the results has me very concerned. They found a 3-4 cm lesión on my thyroid. I was notified within an hour of having the ultrasound accomplished and my Dr highly recommended that I see an endocrinologist. Any thoughts????
    I have my own, but I don’t like them. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't offer much, Charger. My wife has thyroid issues and her ultrasound came back with images they had trouble reading. She was referred to and endo.
    They did a second ultrasound and got clear imaging of a cyst. The endo did a FNA ( fine needle aspiration) and biopsied the sample. Her results were nonmalignant and that's where she's at now. She does take a healthy dose of Synthroid ....225 mcg.

No idea if that's relevant to your situation.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I can't offer much, Charger. My wife has thyroid issues and her ultrasound came back with images they had trouble reading. She was referred to and endo.
    They did a second ultrasound and got clear imaging of a cyst. The endo did a FNA ( fine needle aspiration) and biopsied the sample. Her results were nonmalignant and that's where she's at now. She does take a healthy dose of Synthroid ....225 mcg.

No idea if that's relevant to your situation.
    Thanks. You always have some experience or knowledge!!

almostgone likes this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I would think so but not sure.

Edit. I can’t find any private labs that offer it.

Cigarette smoking should be ruled out because it is the most common cause of secondary polycythemia. Carbon monoxide and high altitude exposure are other causes of hypoxia. A decrease in arterial oxygen saturation is diagnostic of hypoxic polycythemia. A partial arterial oxygen pressure of >67 mm Hg or an oxygen saturation of >95% on arterial blood gas results rules out hypoxia as a cause of polycythemia. If these etiologies are ruled out, patients should be worked up for underlying cardiopulmonary diseases, including obstructive sleep apnea. Approximately 5 to 10% of patients with obstructive sleep apnea have polycythemia.

Less common causes of secondary polycythemia include exogenous administration of recombinant EPO for blood doping, exogenous androgen administration and anabolic steroid use
    Thanks for the info. I am sure I have it now lol

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Actually, I am looking for some interpretation that I think the guys on here have.
    I just had a ULTRASOUND of my thyroid. The speed that I was communicated of the results has me very concerned. They found a 3-4 cm lesión on my thyroid. I was notified within an hour of having the ultrasound accomplished and my Dr highly recommended that I see an endocrinologist. Any thoughts????
    I have my own, but I don’t like them. LOL

You are derailing my novolog thread...
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thanks. You always have some experience or knowledge!!

I try to help when I can, Charger. It isn't often I can contribute, but when I can I enjoy helping.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    You are derailing my novolog thread...
    I thought that is what I’m supposed to do. I wanted to take advantage of Dr Cape before he disappeared again. LOL

Capebuffalo and The road like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information