Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Ozark on Netflix

Proximal is offline Banned
    7 down on season #5 of BCS. Simply incredible.
    BG likes this.

Just finished BCS; amazing. Intense scenes! Anyone like this one? Intense, but drawn out. Maintaining tension the entire time, that is quality writing and acting!

https://youtu.be/S3yon2GyoiM

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Wtf is bcs

Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Wtf is bcs
    Bitchy Cunty Sluts. Disney channel - very wholesome family entertainment.
    BG and XnavyHMCS like this.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Wtf is bcs

Better Call Saul
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    Better Call Saul
    Damn, better watch that show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ozark on Netflix-e0b6c981-466a-4071-80ab-9f5f483344d1.jpg  

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Grew up in Chicago myself, always thought we were S. siders cause we were Sox fans. Didn’t move to Cali till I was 25.
    Were you from the area around 75th and South Ingleside ave? We go to go visit a Mason Lodge over there every year. They have all those alley ways behind the blocks like in those movies on TV where somebody runs back there and gets shot..

My last time was Chicago Heights. For good soul food, we would go to East Chicago Heights.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been re-watching the BBC/FX series, Taboo, eight episodes from 2017. The Beeb supposedly agreed to buy two more seasons but three years on I haven't heard anything about season 2.

Anyway, it's all a vehicle for Tom Hardy, who I think is as fine an actor as there is now, one of the rare talents who is equally adept at both TV and movie roles. It's a period drama set in 1814 London, and I'm a sucker for well-done period pieces, especially in pre-QEII England. And it is DARK. To say Hardy's character has a tortured soul and a twisted mind would be flattery. He is one sick fuck who specializes in killing people in gruesome fashion (but I have to admire a man who knows his way around edged weapons).

Just my kind of entertainment. YMMV.

EDIT:
    Taboo also has Tom Hollander in it, who is a great character actor and excels at ... quirky ... roles. And the one he plays in this is every bit as depraved as Hardy. Maybe moreso.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 05-12-2020 at 01:39 AM.
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    I've been re-watching the BBC/FX series, Taboo, eight episodes from 2017. The Beeb supposedly agreed to buy two more seasons but three years on I haven't heard anything about season 2.

Anyway, it's all a vehicle for Tom Hardy, who I think is as fine an actor as there is now, one of the rare talents who is equally adept at both TV and movie roles. It's a period drama set in 1814 London, and I'm a sucker for well-done period pieces, especially in pre-QEII England. And it is DARK. To say Hardy's character has a tortured soul and a twisted mind would be flattery. He is one sick fuck who specializes in killing people in gruesome fashion (but I have to admire a man who knows his way around edged weapons).

Just my kind of entertainment. YMMV.

EDIT:
    Taboo also has Tom Hollander in it, who is a great character actor and excels at ... quirky ... roles. And the one he plays in this is every bit as depraved as Hardy. Maybe moreso.
    Oh, this sounds like a winner! BTW, ever see him in “Bronson”?

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Oh, this sounds like a winner! BTW, ever see him in “Bronson”?
    Yup, I've seen most of his film roles. Hardy definitely has a taste for "gritty." Bronson put me in mind of Eric Bana's Chopper, about and ultra-violent Australian criminal. I don't care much for Bana as a rule but that one was extraordinary. With the Ozzies' trademark gallows humor.
    Proximal likes this.

Yup, I've seen most of his film roles. Hardy definitely has a taste for "gritty." Bronson put me in mind of Eric Bana's Chopper, about and ultra-violent Australian criminal. I don't care much for Bana as a rule but that one was extraordinary. With the Ozzies' trademark gallows humor.
    100 percent agreed. Not a Bana fan as well, but that movie was great!

Going to pull a couple of other movies out, one is older and obscure, but a classic. First was James Caan in “Theif”. The second is Kirk Douglas in “Lonely Are The Brave”.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    I love reading reviews about films and tv series, especially when they are written from people's own experience (but usually I use movies review sites for this purpose). I haven't watched Ozark, and I've been looking for something good to watch. So, thanks, guys, I'll check it out.
    Last edited by Frank777; 06-02-2020 at 02:52 AM.
    Proximal likes this.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Just started watching and halfway through season 1....
    Great show
    Frank777 and Proximal like this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Booz View Post
    Just started watching and halfway through season 1....
    Great show
    See it through. I watched all three seasons can’t wait for season 4

I will as watched most of the other good series on the box..
    Only thing is the other half will only watch two at a time and I love to binge watch!!

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer

Ozark on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Booz View Post
    I will as watched most of the other good series on the box..
    Only thing is the other half will only watch two at a time and I love to binge watch!!
    Oh I do too. Get ready cause season 3 is polarizing. Another good show was the money heist I really liked that and outer banks was good as well. Only one season of outer banks so far

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    Just finished up Ozark through https://torrentsites.com/tv-shows-torrent-sites/ and that didn't disappoint at all. The Outsider on HBO is a great series that also has Jason Bateman in it.
    Last edited by Oliver47; 04-14-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver47 View Post
    ust finished up Ozark and that didn't disappoint at all. The Outsider on HBO is a great series that also has Jason Bateman in it.
    I dug The Outsider as well.

Not seen it but fuck all on the box at mo so will dig it up

The dearth of decent TV entertainment caused by the coronapanic has got me rewatching quite a few of my favorites (Rome, Deadwood, Carnivŕle, etc) and I just finished a rewatch of the BBC's adaptation of John le Carré's "The Night Manager." Despite the Motel 6-ish title, it's a solid entertainment 6-part spy thriller starring Tom Hiddleston. I had only seen him in bit roles before and had never put his face together with his name but he pulls this one off with an air of cool, ballsy confidence in this worthy of Sir Sean Connery.

Also stars Hugh Laurie (the snarky doctor in the series 'House') with as off-key an Englitch accent as I've heard in a while. He's trying to do 'Posh' but just doesn't pull it off. It reminds me of Charlie Hunnam (Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy) in the Elijah Wood vehicle Green Street trying to sound Cockney. More than one reviewer said Hunnum's Cockney was so bad that it was officially time to take the bounty off Dick Van Dyke's head for Mary Poppins.

But Laurie's accent mash-up doesn't spoil the show, thanks in no small part to strong performances by other cast members, especially Michael Nardone (small role played with considerable menace) and Tom Holland (same demented Tom Holland as I mentioned appearing in Tom Hardy's 'Taboo').

Good one for binge watching because you can watch the entire series in one long evening.
    wango likes this.

The dearth of decent TV entertainment caused by the coronapanic has got me rewatching quite a few of my favorites (Rome, Deadwood, Carnivŕle, etc) and I just finished a rewatch of the BBC's adaptation of John le Carré's "The Night Manager." Despite the Motel 6-ish title, it's a solid entertainment 6-part spy thriller starring Tom Hiddleston. I had only seen him in bit roles before and had never put his face together with his name but he pulls this one off with an air of cool, ballsy confidence in this worthy of Sir Sean Connery.

Also stars Hugh Laurie (the snarky doctor in the series 'House') with as off-key an Englitch accent as I've heard in a while. He's trying to do 'Posh' but just doesn't pull it off. It reminds me of Charlie Hunnam (Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy) in the Elijah Wood vehicle Green Street trying to sound Cockney. More than one reviewer said Hunnum's Cockney was so bad that it was officially time to take the bounty off Dick Van Dyke's head for Mary Poppins.

But Laurie's accent mash-up doesn't spoil the show, thanks in no small part to strong performances by other cast members, especially Michael Nardone (small role played with considerable menace) and Tom Holland (same demented Tom Holland as I mentioned appearing in Tom Hardy's 'Taboo').

Good one for binge watching because you can watch the entire series in one long evening.
    Did you like “The Wire”? It’s my #1, followed by “Deadwood” at #2.

Down to the final 2 episodes of Ozark. Seems like different writing and directing, but still rock solid & gotta binge-watch 3 at a time.

We own this City is next, letting a few get recorded on the DVR first though.
    JaneDoe likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Think we've watched up to almost the first half of Ozark season 4. Where we are satellite signal is shit and DSL/cable is non-existent.
    The wife just waits until a season of a show comes out and buys the box set. Ozark, Yellowstone, Wayward Pines, several of the horror genre series.....names escape me right now. Whenever I finish a long run of work days the first day off is usually sleep intermittently and watch movies/series.
    wango likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Think we've watched up to almost the first half of Ozark season 4. Where we are satellite signal is shit and DSL/cable is non-existent.
    The wife just waits until a season of a show comes out and buys the box set. Ozark, Yellowstone, Wayward Pines, several of the horror genre series.....names escape me right now. Whenever I finish a long run of work days the first day off is usually sleep intermittently and watch movies/series.
    Easiest way for us to unwind. The wife and I for the most part, have pretty similar tastes in tv and movies.
    almostgone likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Final was good. I didn’t know that it was the end. Not bad though considering some other ‘great” shows finale’s were terrible.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Final was good. I didn’t know that it was the end. Not bad though considering some other ‘great” shows finale’s were terrible.
    Dang....I hate to hear that. We're still on season 4, but I figured they had plenty of groundwork laid for a few more seasons.
    BG likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24E35C53-0D79-4B0E-8D37-23A48DC6DCD6.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	181831
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Dang....I hate to hear that. We're still on season 4, but I figured they had plenty of groundwork laid for a few more seasons.
    Hell no, the new owners of Gus’s place are making a move to the Ozarks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information