Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Ozark on Netflix

Proximal is offline Banned

Ozark on Netflix

Wife has been watching this and convinced me. Halfway into season one of a total of 3.

A money launderer for the cartel (Jason Bateman), is forced to move to Missouri to expand his money laundering operation, make it a huge success or he, his wife and children will be murdered by the cartel. Interesting characters (still waiting to see road pop in there) & story. Damn beautiful area, seriously gorgeous!
    Cylon357, sv.elia, Chark and 2 others like this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh man, I love it Prox!! It’s so good, Jason Bateman is so good in it! I just started season 3...been savoring it because I’ve been waiting for it for so long and don’t want it to end!

So glad to hear that guys! Swear to God, could move to a place by that lake.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's a very good series. I'd always hated Jason Bateman because of his underwhelming performances in all cheesy shit he was in as a teen, but he's so good in this he completely turned me around. But this season is really going downhill. I think there's a general tendency (especially for shows written by committee) to front-load with good stuff in the first couple of seasons, then let the 'B-team' take over when the audience is secured, and moving the better team of writers on to the next project. It's in the third season now and so far I think it's quality has dropped off. In part because the storyline is a series of finite problems, which Marty systemically is solving. So the writers perpetually have to come up with still more more diabolical problems worthy of his brilliance.
    Often you'll see series that start out with very male-centric themes and then in the second or third season (if they last that long) they'll start introducing soap opera-esque romantic entanglements and family problems, obviously intended to attract the person who sleeps on the other side of the bed (but to the detriment of the original storyline). I still follow a couple of series like this but only because I fast-forward through the "As The Stomach Turns" segments, but I couldn't bear to watch without the tivo.

This is the fifth season of Better Call Saul (prequel to Breaking Bad) and it just keeps getting better, no doubt largely due to the fact that Vince Gilligan came away from BB with a lot of Hollyweird juice, giving him the power to continue to control the quality of the show. Both series are about relatively normal characters responding to unusual problems with what seem at the time to be sensible decisions but those decisions end up just pushing them further down in the quicksand. BCS is slower-moving than BB was but it's more meticulously crafted, even better story-telling.

Gilligan loves to use the principle of Chekov's gun, and does it frequently without it looking contrived or becoming routine. They'll show a seemingly random scene (or detail) that has no obvious correlation to the storyline, but then some time later that particular detail turns out to be pivotal. The classic example in BB was the opening of season 5, Walt meets a guy in a diner, follows him to the bathroom and gives him a stack of cash. The guy gives Walt a car key and Walt goes out into the parking lot, opens the trunk of the car to find an M-60 machinegun and a couple of cans of ammunition inside. Then the M-60 disappears for 14 episodes, only to be the key to the denouement in the series' final episode. In fact he's always unpredictable, which is essential to a good prequel because you already know where everybody is going to end up. Gilligan does a great job not just making their journey unpredictable but also making it somewhat understandable how a reasonable person could end up so mired in the shit.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 04-09-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    XnavyHMCS, F4iGuy, sv.elia and 2 others like this.

Have been binge watching Better Call Saul & we just finished season 3. I’m blown away how great that show is & might have to watch BB again because of it. Damn, Mike is a great role and Jonathan Banks is incredible!
    Chark and XnavyHMCS like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Ozark and BCS are incredible shows. I have nothing to add other than that. I tried savoring them as much as possible but am all caught up. Beetlegeuse, that’s one hell of a quality post.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Have been binge watching Better Call Saul & we just finished season 3. I’m blown away how great that show is & might have to watch BB again because of it. Damn, Mike is a great role and Jonathan Banks is incredible!
    Banks has made a career out of the "tough guy" roles and I didn't think much of him at the beginning of BB because I always thought he was too much a "light weight" in the earlier stuff. Like he was trying too hard to play it b-a-a-a-a-d. But I think his delivery has mellowed and his face now looks properly haggard and war-weary. The role of Mike fits him like a Savile Row suit.
    XnavyHMCS and Proximal like this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Wife has been watching this and convinced me. Halfway into season one of a total of 3.

A money launderer for the cartel (Jason Bateman), is forced to move to Missouri to expand his money laundering operation, make it a huge success or he, his wife and children will be murdered by the cartel. Interesting characters (still waiting to see road pop in there) & story. Damn beautiful area, seriously gorgeous!
    The only shithole worse than that place is where I grew up which was the heart of the Ozarks the show takes place at the northern Edge.

Show is good but natives there are much shittier in real life.
    Proximal, BG and XnavyHMCS like this.

So glad to hear that guys! Swear to God, could move to a place by that lake.
    Dont.... Ever...
    It's a shithole of shitholes. All the Missouri natives not on methamphetamine go to Truman Lake which has cleaner water and less dumbasses and a shit ton more private areas

Bull shoals and norfolk lakes are much better looking too.
    Last edited by The road; 04-09-2020 at 09:28 PM.
    Proximal and XnavyHMCS like this.

Attachment 178563

Lake of ozarks^^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200409-223007.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	217.1 KB 
ID:	178565

Bull shoals^^^^

Everyone not out of town and partying acting like a dumbass is a degenerate pos that thinks they are somehow better than pond scum and convinced you are an idiot though they are 3rd generation food stamping druggie pieces of shit.
    Last edited by The road; 04-09-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Name:	lake-of-the-ozarks.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	259.1 KB 
ID:	178566
    Lake of the ozarks^^^

Name:	bull-shoals-lake.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	178567

Bull Shoals^^^
    Proximal likes this.

Personally I spent more time on norfork.

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	178568

Its ok and you can find places and nice days on a boat no one is around. Easy to get lost without a gps or even with.

Thats the real ozarks.

Lake of the ozarks became a white trash disneyland.

Road, I just was laughing so hard, I couldn’t read the next sentence that you wrote.
    XnavyHMCS and The road like this.

Road, I just was laughing so hard, I couldn’t read the next sentence that you wrote.
    Lol Im serious though.
    99% of the dumb shit redneck there would hate you because you are from California.
    They are that way because their uncledad heard on the news Californians have intelligence and things they can't muster.

I used to think that place was the only place I could live.

Now I want to beat the shit out of everyone I see dumb enough to live there. My kids live there part time and I fucking cant stand it.

They have a full life of drugs and welfare if they stay.

There are 3007 counties in the US

Prob a dozen in the top 100 poorest are in that area.
    My home county was number 23.

Its a fucking shithole.
    XnavyHMCS, Proximal and Chark like this.

Its not because its remote either.
    South dakota and wyoming and montana shit gold on it in comparison.

There are plenty of people there. They are all just fucking retarded losers by nature.

I’d hate me too if I knew where /what I moved from. It’s beautiful country, but off limits for folks like my wife and I, I’m afraid.
    The road and XnavyHMCS like this.

I’d hate me too if I knew where /what I moved from. It’s beautiful country, but off limits for folks like my wife and I, I’m afraid.
    Its much better where you are and the cost of living shows it.
    Proximal likes this.

Ozark 3 was amazing! Damn it was getting so good!

Got caught up on BCS last night too and holy shit, it’s as good as it’s ever been. The characters are just phenomenal and this season is by far my favorite
    Proximal, Chark and Cylon357 like this.

Finished #1 of Ozark, amazing!

And are a few episodes into #4 of BCS. These guys are the best!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ozark on Netflix-b27c9ca7-6925-4f2e-95d4-b8da18ae02d5.jpeg  
    Chark and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Do not fuck with those two...
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Do not fuck with those two...
    They need their own series or even a movie.

Couldn’t agree more!
    Proximal likes this.

bomb_r2 is offline Associate Member
    I'd hold off on ozark . I guess they just finished AIRING season 3 on tv in March. So you're going to be waiting possibly a year for season 4

I just finished season 3 today

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    Proximal likes this.

I like your logic, but we are possibly going to do that with season 5 of BCS.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Some close friends have all been talking about Ozark, may try to jump on this series when my time free's up a little.
    BG and Proximal like this.

Same logic with all of these shows now...they hook you and then make you wait and salivate a year. Cruel bastards...

Ashop, jump on it. It’s a pretty damn good show
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Lol Im serious though.
    99% of the dumb shit redneck there would hate you because you are from California.
    They are that way because their uncledad heard on the news Californians have intelligence and things they can't muster.

I used to think that place was the only place I could live.

Now I want to beat the shit out of everyone I see dumb enough to live there. My kids live there part time and I fucking cant stand it.

They have a full life of drugs and welfare if they stay.

There are 3007 counties in the US

Prob a dozen in the top 100 poorest are in that area.
    My home county was number 23.

Its a fucking shithole.
    I hate it when you brag.
    The road, XnavyHMCS and BG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I hate it when you brag.
    I hope my piece of shit brother and my ex wife find each other there and that pussy brother of mine chokes on her dick and they both die of aids, after infecting all the others like them and I will move back when it is uninhabited.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I hope my piece of shit brother and my ex wife find each other there and that pussy brother of mine chokes on her dick and they both die of aids, after infecting all the others like them and I will move back when it is uninhabited.
    Well. There’s that they can look forward to.
    The road likes this.

I hate when you hold back, just let it all go for once

Wait a second, are you all saying that you hate Californians?

Road, I know good people out here.

Trying to lighten the mood. Road, CB, mind sharing your European family backgrounds pre USA?

I’m largely southern Italian, shouldn’t be here, I’m an undesirable. Even my mothers German heritage wouldn’t have spared me. If my families originally immigrated to California, my ancestors would likely have been sterilized. Go California.

OK, just finished #4 of season 2 Ozark. Damn great show. The opium growing wife is bad-ass. This show keeps getting better & better. Too tired to start episode 5.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

I’m largely southern Italian, shouldn’t be here, I’m an undesirable. Even my mothers German heritage wouldn’t have spared me. If my families originally immigrated to California, my ancestors would likely have been sterilized. Go California.
    Holy shit, tied one on and went hog wild with that train of thought, wtf? Been reading this crazy stuff too long, time to stop.

OK, just finished #4 of season 2 Ozark. Damn great show. The opium growing wife is bad-ass. This show keeps getting better & better. Too tired to start episode 5.

Darlene Snell is not to be messed with....

#ruthless
    Proximal likes this.

Ozark and BCS, just flat -out INTERESTING characters. I dig Buddy as well (I swear, I think of Betelgeuse) & my wife digs Ruth. Ever see a movie called “Winters Bone”? Also set in the Ozarks, also dealt with drugs, and had some pretty vicious folks. Actually, the Snells would like their style.

https://youtu.be/ay13eiuH54U
    Last edited by Proximal; 04-19-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Ozark and BCS, just flat -out INTERESTING characters. I dig Buddy as well (I swear, I think of Betelgeuse) & my wife digs Ruth. Ever see a movie called “Winters Bone”? Also set in the Ozarks, also dealt with drugs, and had some pretty vicious folks. Actually, the Snells would like their style.

https://youtu.be/ay13eiuH54U

Oh ya, the characters are amazing...such great writing and acting.

Buddy and Ruth are awesome too! Ruth is one of my faves too.

Have not seen Winters Bone, that clip looks totally like it could be in Ozarks. I’ll check out the flick, thanks Prox!

Not sure if anyone has Prime...but Goliath is pretty bad ass. I couldn’t stand Billy Bon Thornton until I watched this show, now I have a newfound respect for him. Prox, you may dig it. It takes place in LA (he’s an ex high profile attorney who gave into the bottle). I think it was awesome
    Proximal and sv.elia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Oh ya, the characters are amazing...such great writing and acting.

Buddy and Ruth are awesome too! Ruth is one of my faves too.

Have not seen Winters Bone, that clip looks totally like it could be in Ozarks. I’ll check out the flick, thanks Prox!

Not sure if anyone has Prime...but Goliath is pretty bad ass. I couldn’t stand Billy Bon Thornton until I watched this show, now I have a newfound respect for him. Prox, you may dig it. It takes place in LA (he’s an ex high profile attorney who gave into the bottle). I think it was awesome
    I’ll check out Goliath. Agree, not a huge Billy Bob fan (though “Sling Blade” was pretty good).

Winters Bone is SLOW moving to a point of boredom. When I watch it now, I just do a LOT of fast forwarding through certain scenes.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information