• 1 Post By Richard Head
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Wannabhuge14
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Sleep apnea

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Sleep apnea

Man it sucks having sleep apnea. I just woke up again with a sore throat. I'm never fully rested and feel like falling asleep at work. My problem is the tissues in my throat collapse easily, blocking the airway. I can snore awake if I consciously relax my throat muscles. When I lie down, my jaw will fall back, further restricting the airways. It's no wonder I have high blood pressure and anger issues lol.

I went to a sleep study center last September. Then I finally get an at-home sleep study kit, a few months later. You have to wear these air tubes that wrap around your head and go into your nostrils. Then there is a pulse reader that clamps to the index finger, and a strap with a device that goes around your torso and sits on your chest. All these things are connected to eachother by wires... and you're supposed to sleep. I "slept" 2 hours and took that shit off and threw it on the floor. Even so, the short time I had it on recorded that I have some type of sleep apnea.

Now because of the coronavirus, I won't be getting help for a long time. I tried searching for remedies and I've seen some mouth guards and straps that people wear around their head. I figured I might ask on here as big guys tend to have sleep apnea more often. Do any of you have experience with these types of devices? I have a feeling the CPAP will keep me up more than help me sleep, if I do get it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I have a feeling the CPAP will keep me up more than help me sleep, if I do get it.
    This is how I feel about the apparatus bull shit

So far so good for me - but, I just had my wife check my neck - rolling up on 18”

I seem to be sleeping alright so far - no waking up gasping for air(so far) - but, I snore like a horse. Have to love the wife on this one - she’ll sleep through a cement truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant

I really do hope it doesn’t get worse - because I know I’ll refuse treatment
    Cylon357 and Test Monsterone like this.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Pick up a CPAP off Craigslist if you are able.
    Cylon357 and Test Monsterone like this.

Richard Head is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been using one over 5 years now. It does take time to get the right setup. Cant sleep without it now, it does make a difference. For me anyway.
    Test Monsterone and 956Vette like this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    This is how I feel about the apparatus bull shit

So far so good for me - but, I just had my wife check my neck - rolling up on 18”

I seem to be sleeping alright so far - no waking up gasping for air(so far) - but, I snore like a horse. Have to love the wife on this one - she’ll sleep through a cement truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant

I really do hope it doesn’t get worse - because I know I’ll refuse treatment
    Lol you sound like me. Me and my ex ended up sleeping in different rooms cause she'd wake me up pissed af that I was snoring. The nightly migration. I did notice my snoring got worse the thicker my neck got. There are apps you can download on your phone that will record your snoring. It then rates your snoring and allows you to play back the parts where you were snoring the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Pick up a CPAP off Craigslist if you are able.
    Might be worth a try, I guess. I found one on eBay a while back but ended up not getting it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    One of my relatives had sleep issues and when they got the CPAP, I was like how the holy heck are you going to sleep with that. But they sleep 10x better with it. They look like a fighter pilot going to bed but they do not wake up and sleep like a baby.

Good sleep makes all the difference in the world...
    Yeah, that mask is what concerns me. I move around a lot when I sleep, constantly turning from side to side. I don't know how this face mask and tube would stay on or be comfortable to wear. There is a guy on youtube, whose channel is "More Plates More Dates" that talks about the cpap machine and how the mask left him with serious lines on his face around his mouth. Aged his face quite a bit. When he stopped using the machine, it almost went away after a while. I know now they have the ones that go into the nose, but I hate having things in my nose.. makes me get that feeling of I need to get this shit the fuck off or I'm gonna lose my mind lol.

Richard Head is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Lol you sound like me. Me and my ex ended up sleeping in different rooms cause she'd wake me up pissed af that I was snoring. The nightly migration. I did notice my snoring got worse the thicker my neck got. There are apps you can download on your phone that will record your snoring. It then rates your snoring and allows you to play back the parts where you were snoring the loudest.

Might be worth a try, I guess. I found one on eBay a while back but ended up not getting it for some reason.

Yeah, that mask is what concerns me. I move around a lot when I sleep, constantly turning from side to side. I don't know how this face mask and tube would stay on or be comfortable to wear. There is a guy on youtube, whose channel is "More Plates More Dates" that talks about the cpap machine and how the mask left him with serious lines on his face around his mouth. Aged his face quite a bit. When he stopped using the machine, it almost went away after a while. I know now they have the ones that go into the nose, but I hate having things in my nose.. makes me get that feeling of I need to get this shit the fuck off or I'm gonna lose my mind lol.
    I have that same problem, flop like a fish out of water. I still do but not as bad. I use this https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fis...482A-CPAP-Mask

For me works way better than the mask that covers the nose and mouth.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    And - this is y I officially stopped trying to gain weight/get bigger

Yeah, I can’t see myself being able to sleep with that thing on my head - unless I’m dying or some shit

And - I feel beyond lucky with this shit that my wife is a heavy ass sleeper

No way we’d sleep in different beds either - we need that quick easy access - LoL

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sleep apnea can cause so many different medical issues. I have refused to do anything until recently. Wife could not sleep with me and my snoring. I realized that I had to do to something about it when we slept in a hotel and the people in the other room were banging on the wall because my snoring was so loud. LOL
    I did the test and I stopped breathing 63 times in an hour while on my back and only 50 times an hour on my side.
    I use the nose type. The first night, I took it out after 3 mins and said fuck this. I kept trying and trying. After a week, I could wear it all night long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Test Monsterone and 956Vette like this.

Wannabhuge14 is offline Associate Member
    Getting used to the mask only takes about a week. After that you’ll never sleep without it and love it. It’s well worth a week of even worse sleep than you get now.

I appreciate all the replies. I’m gonna start looking online for a used machine and see how it goes. If that machine doesn’t work, I’ll sell it and get something else. Last time I called the sleep center they said they lost my records, but somehow I still got the bill in the mail. With the situation in the hospital and the incompetence of this sleep place, I might be better off getting things done myself anyhow.
    956Vette likes this.

Thread Information