Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Preppers

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    I used to get away by renting a cabin there on the buffalo river. I logged some of the old iron grid.

There is ground there you cant reach with a chopper or parachute. The only way in is to pass under the gaze of those there before you. If they dont want you there you wont be sticking around.

If I give up on everything other than continuing my life for the sake of continuation, that is where I will be.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    If I were to prepare for collapse I would move to Jasper arkansas area. Plenty of places to hide and its small sky country.

People think montana etc and big mountain ranges but these are small dense "hollers".
    Caves everywhere and miles of limestone that is the best known thing to stop radiation. The springs are everywhere and the buffalo river mouth starts there. Some of the last spring water you can drink and not get sick. It is the least able to be contaminated water supply available to the surface of the earth because it all seeps from miles deep limestone which purifies it. From just about any spot at the right elevation you can tap it with minimal effort.

There are many places there you see the sun rise at 10 and set at 3 pm.

Power grid is minimal there. Law enforcement is minimal. Government is minimal. It is isolated and treacherous terrain.
    Fish, lakes, wildlife, and the best part is its not near any population center that isn't 100% gun toting people. The locals have had to claw a living from nothing all their lives and it shows.

On just about any hillside a few snipers could take out a regiment of low travelers. Road access is visible from a perch at all locations.

Simply put the entire area is a killing field to those that grew up on that kind of ground.

The roads are the enemy and the only way the enemy can get in. Places like "low gap" are a death trap for an army with a local platoon.

My second pick would be the iron grid around eminence MO.

Wide open spaces are the enemy in survival situations.
    Both places are shitholes to any man who wishes to make a decent life for himself doing anything more than surviving.
    Sounds like a cool place to visit for a vacation. But to clarify though, sounds like it’s a no-go on finding a good restaurant & hotel? I’m also guessing no wine & cheese stores ?
    The road likes this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Sounds like a cool place to visit for a vacation. But to clarify though, sounds like it’s a no-go on finding a good restaurant & hotel? I’m also guessing no wine & cheese stores ?
    Its only a vacation spot for those who can bring the vacation with them.
    Locals are shut off assholes for the most part staring down the outsider waiting for an opportunity
    Proximal likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Its only a vacation spot for those who can bring the vacation with them.
    Locals are shut off assholes for the most part staring down the outsider waiting for an opportunity
    Figured I just might not blend in with the locals, lol.
    The road likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

vid just came out .. prepper in Norway,, I'm in the US. yet our minds think alike

Attachment 179255
    lots of food
    Attachment 179256
    have a ton of these plus 55g barrel an filtration systems
    Attachment 179257
    Attachment 179258
    of course lots of books
    Attachment 179259
    and been trying to get the darn garden going
    Where’s the voodoo book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

vid just came out .. prepper in Norway,, I'm in the US. yet our minds think alike

Attachment 179255
    lots of food
    Attachment 179256
    have a ton of these plus 55g barrel an filtration systems
    Attachment 179257
    Attachment 179258
    of course lots of books
    Attachment 179259
    and been trying to get the darn garden going

His food supply pic doesn't look like it'd last long. but his library is decent. Lots of different topics and the ones I saw weren't about prepping. Grid down, we're going to need things to keep our mind occupied. Reading is a good one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information