36 94.74%
  • No

2 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Just a YES or No?

*Admin* is offline AR Admin

Question Just a YES or No?

A few believe we can run this board with no rules at all and that it should be a free for all. To attack and ridicule who you want to.

Also, you should be able to force your opinions on each other and you must just take it because their are no rules and you are just weak if you can not handle it lol.

So yes or no

This is just your opinion it will not change anything just curious lol.

By the way this was an opinion of only a few... the vast majority that has pm'd me and I appreciate the support, said they wish the rules were better enforced (my bad).

This has been marked anonymous.
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hell no - we need rules or this thing of ours will be done.
    Last edited by Mooseman33; 07-01-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Defund Admin
    J/k

Hell to the NO

I vote for rules.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    agreed on maintaining and enforcing rules...no different than society.

Not all need them, but sadly the ones that do can quickly run amuck if there aren’t guidelines established...pretty sure we saw that here recently.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I really think that an outsider can misinterpret and misjudge just how malicious or hurtful a remark is intended to be if it is between two (or three) people who have been exchanging messages for a few years.

About a year or two ago when I was getting regular abuse from O** and C****L**** on this forum, I was just grinning and giggling to myself each time they took a shot at me, and then I would gleefully compose my next rebuttal and probably bring their spousal relationships into it (along with their living situation and sexual orientation).

I know that human personalities are too complicated to be split into two boxes: Submissive Vs. Aggressive, but if you're observing abusive messages between two people, and if it seems that only one person is being aggressive, then it could very well be bullying. But if both people are composing vitriolic messages then it might just be satirical humour and fun -- call it "mental sparring", or "fuckery" maybe. Personally I don't think this kind of 'fuckery' can ever get out of hand, I just find it more and more funny as it escalates further and further. Other people think though that lines can be crossed.

You get some people around here who are similar to the stage comedian Frankie Boyle in that they just throw around insults indiscriminatingly in every direction -- I personally find it entertaining and funny, but if another person from a more timid background were to walk into the room then they might find it off-putting.

Seeing as how this is a forum to do with anabolic steroids , I think it's okay to expect people to have a thicker skin, than for instance if it were a kayaking enthusiasts' forum. I do think that there should be a higher threshold for what some people call 'flaming'.

I certainly don't think that there should be bullying here or anywhere for that matter, and also I don't think that messages exchanged should not drive new-comers away, but do I think we should be considered to be pretty thick-skinned.

With all the said... I've lived life long enough to know that bullying can sometimes be very subtle and sophisticated. I spent 10 weeks in a residential Catholic rehab and I observed one guy verbally bully and socially humiliate another guy pretty much every day. The guy on the receiving end of it would laugh as though it was all good fun, even saying that the pair were like Laurel & Hardy, but I was clued in enough to see that it was bullying. I reported it to the facilitators but I don't think anything was done about it.

I think the job of a moderator (or any kind of manager) can be difficult when trying to figure out if some behaviour is bullying or just fun, and in cases where they aren't 100% certain then maybe the best thing is just to tell the two (or three) people to quit for everyone's sake.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yes!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I really think that an outsider can misinterpret and misjudge just how malicious or hurtful a remark is intended to be if it is between two (or three) people who have been exchanging messages for a few years.

I think the job of a moderator (or any kind of manager) can be difficult when trying to figure out if some behaviour is bullying or just fun, and in cases where they aren't 100% certain then maybe the best thing is just to tell the two (or three) people to quit for everyone's sake.
    He ask for a yes or no. Not a novel. And you still didn’t answer the question.

Blog Entries
    I prefer rules thanks.... why is it so hard to disagree and still be civil to one another anyways?...

DuckTheViking is offline Junior Member
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I prefer rules thanks.... why is it so hard to disagree and still be civil to one another anyways?...

^^^^^^ this
    *Admin* and ghettoboyd like this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Yes and no. I mean, we all like a little drama, but there has to be a fine line.
    Capebuffalo and Fluidic Kimbo like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Yes.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I clicked no by accident so scratch that one. One too many vodkas.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER View Post
    I clicked no by accident so scratch that one. One too many vodkas.
    No problem, it looks like the yes to rules has it anyway lol.

I have always found it better to have rules... even children prefer rules or mine seem to lol
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Quote Originally Posted by *Admin* View Post
    No problem, it looks like the yes to rules has it anyway lol.

I have always found it better to have rules... even children prefer rules or mine seem to lol
    Same here. Establishing parrmeters/ expectations keeps everyone on the same page.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Yes... the last thing Admin needs are more LE eyes on this place because of threats against members and whole groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Yes... the last thing Admin needs are more LE eyes on this place because of threats against members and whole groups of people.
    Correct Sir!
    ~Anonymous~

~Aldous Huxley~

It's been a long time.. How you been?

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I think we are in a good spot, though it makes admins job unpleasant
    Enforcement of rules should be the last line of defense
    If you (anyone in our community) see people arguing like that, step in. If you're new and uncomfortable, PM any member who has been on the board for a while and point it out.
    If you are new and don't know anyone, open invitation to PM me, and I will take a look
    You don't need to take a side, just point out that it's unproductive and the conversation should be dropped. (Easy for me to say, I haven't been on the board much lately)
    That was a yes or no, right?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    That was a yes or no, right?
    Thank you!
    ~Anonymous~

~Aldous Huxley~

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    Definitely think rules are a must!

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post
    Definitely think rules are a must!
    There she is! How are you holding up in the heat and humidity?
    KittyO1 likes this.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    There she is! How are you holding up in the heat and humidity?
    Haha all it takes is a big bottle of water and a ball cap Thankful we had as long of a spring as well did though! It was so nice for it not to be 100 degrees by April!
    almostgone likes this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes the forum has to have rules. So banal posts will be discarded.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    that's not true im sure all of the threads and information pertaining to bodybuilding and the like are still here you just have to look for it...
    JaneDoe likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    First thing I thought when I saw this poll was "Where is Obs?"
    Miss the guy, don't know a thing
    JaneDoe and *Admin* like this.

No the threads or posts from banned people are not removed... except the ones that caused the issues they were banned for... lol and they are not gone just archived.

Most people banned usually are intelligent people with great post that you can learn a lot from... just when they lose it, they lose it and sometimes there is no coming back from that...
    JaneDoe and SampsonandDelilah like this.
    ~Anonymous~

~Aldous Huxley~

Blog Entries
    No the threads or posts from banned people are not removed... except the ones that caused the issues they were banned for... lol and they are not gone just archived.

Most people banned usually are intelligent people with great post that you can learn a lot from... just when they lose it, they lose it and sometimes there is no coming back from that...
    Got it ,
    administrator!

Tapatalk

Similar to a stroke. Some people never come back from it.
    JaneDoe and *Admin* like this.

Blog Entries
    Similar to a stroke. Some people never come back from it.
    What take people to that?

Tapatalk

What take people to that?

Tapatalk
    Strokes are the ultimate metaphor for life. The left controls the right, and the right controls the left. When one side is affected, the other is paralysed. That's life.

Blog Entries
    Strokes are the ultimate metaphor for life. The left controls the right, and the right controls the left. When one side is affected, the other is paralysed. That's life.
    What metaphor ... Do you mean that life should have balance in all areas of it ,Bro ??
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

What metaphor ... Do you mean that life should have balance in all areas of it ,Bro ??
    Yes we must maintain balance in life. Most importantly we must remain in emotional equilibrium.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Yes we must maintain balance in life. Most importantly we must remain in emotional equilibrium.
    Fact, bro. You're right, but not everyone has the ability to face problems head-on.

Fact, bro. You're right, but not everyone has the ability to face problems head-on.
    If I ever have a stroke, I hope it affects the part of my brain called the "fusiform gyrus", because then I won't be able to recognise faces. This means that every person who approaches me will be a stranger with the potential to become a new friend.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's been a long time.. How you been?
    Enjoying life... I'm probably one of the few people enjoying 2020 lmao. How you been?
    *Admin* and RaginCajun like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Yes, sure

Prob is that you’ll have too much crap being posted - rules r what keeps this place somewhat together

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Enjoying life... I'm probably one of the few people enjoying 2020 lmao. How you been?
    I moved around a bit, but I'm doing good. I've been using the lockdown as an opportunity to go jackrabbit hunting on blm lands. Working at home has its perks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information