Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Temporary deadlift bar until gym opens

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    So you couldn't reach 100kg max squat while shooting 1.2 grams of tren per week for 10 years? Come on, this is bullshit.
    I don't get to tailor the truth to your liking, Honkong.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I don't get to tailor the truth to your liking, Honkong.
    I'm not gonna call you a liar, but do you think maybe you didn't train very hard or eat food? Or perhaps you were shooting bunk shit the whole time? (Or a combination?)
    Cylon357 likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I'm not gonna call you a liar, but do you think maybe you didn't train very hard or eat food? Or perhaps you were shooting bunk shit the whole time? (Or a combination?)
    Not to mention two broken legs.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

I definitely grew, I got a few inches wider; everyone noticed the difference.

I actually think my training regimen is very good. Probably didn't eat enough food though.

Nowadays I eat two big beef steaks 5 or 6 days a week so maybe that's why I'm stronger now than ever.

Considering going back on Tren , dunno yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I'm with @Honkey_Kong on this one. I would be so pissed if I shot that much gear and couldn't get to 100kg squat. Are you sure the gear was good? Did you weigh like 40 kg at the time?
    I weighed 52kg before gear. I peaked at 73kg although my bodyfat went up above 20%. My bodyfat now is about 15%, and yesterday I weighed 68kg.

If I go back on Tren and eat nothing but oatmeal and beef steak then I might get up to about 75kg while keeping my bodyfat < 15%.

Not sure if I'm bothered with steroids anymore though as I'd need to blast and cruise (or at least cruise indefinitely) to keep size.

I weighed 52kg before gear. I peaked at 73kg although my bodyfat went up above 20%. My bodyfat now is about 15%, and yesterday I weighed 68kg.

If I go back on Tren and eat nothing but oatmeal and beef steak then I might get up to about 75kg while keeping my bodyfat < 15%.

Not sure if I'm bothered with steroids anymore though as I'd need to blast and cruise (or at least cruise indefinitely) to keep size.
    Keep size? What size?
    Cuz, Honkey_Kong and XnavyHMCS like this.

So you started taking steroids when you were 114lbs? Seriously, you probably never should've taken them.

So you started taking steroids when you were 114lbs? Seriously, you probably never should've taken them.
    Yeah but then I wouldn't be able to tell people about how I took 1.2g Tren E per week. I would never have become the heroic legend I am today.

My barbell is still in one piece. I used it two days last week and I'm gonna use it again today.

Obviously 88 lbs isn't very heavy but I'm definitely minimising strength loss and muscle atrophy til gyms open in 15 - 20 days' time.

My barbell is still in one piece. I used it two days last week and I'm gonna use it again today.

Obviously 88 lbs isn't very heavy but I'm definitely minimising strength loss and muscle atrophy til gyms open in 15 - 20 days' time.
    It shouldn't be that hard for you to prevent atrophy. You can't lose what you've never had before.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

The broom handle snapped today when I was doing a squat. I could get a threaded bar and try screw it into each end, it will be awkward as hell to do though -- it won't be too difficult doing the first side, but the second side will be near-impossible.

Here you go, Kimbo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	526f80d0-d078-41d5-b019-b4ed01d30df9_1.b1d4c64d0a530144f3cc773982d22c31.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	180754
    XnavyHMCS and Capebuffalo like this.

The wooden broomed snapped when I was doing a squat.

I sawed each end to get a flat cross-section and I drilled a hole in each side:

Name:	20210221_144802.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	865.2 KB 
ID:	180781

Next I smoothered one end of the steel bar in Gorilla glue and inserted it in:

Name:	20210221_145113.jpg 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	180782

And then I mated the other end (again with Gorilla Glue):

Name:	20210221_150034.jpg 
Size:	806.9 KB 
ID:	180783

Name:	20210221_150451.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	180784

So on Tuesday I should be able to do deadlifts and squats with a steel-reinforced bar.

Also I need to get 'killen dried' sand to pour into the bottles because the normal sand gets into clumps and takes ages to fill the bottle.
    Last edited by Fluidic Kimbo; 02-21-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    88 pound deadlift broomstick? What a waste of time....

You live in Europe, right? Go deadlift a Smart Car or something.
    Honkey_Kong and Mooseman33 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    88 pound deadlift broomstick? What a waste of time....
    Going 3 months deadlifting 88 pounds is a lot better than going 3 months deadlifting nothing. Gyms aren't open til 1st April now (the lockdown is extended).

I'm just minimising strength loss, minimising muscle loss, and also reducing the likelihood of taking an injury when I try deadlift heavy in April.

I'm going to get killen-dried free-flowing sand to fill all 6 bottles, bringing the weight up to about 132 lbs. (If you wet the sand you can get its density up to about 2 g/cm3).

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    The wooden broomed snapped when I was doing a squat.

I sawed each end to get a flat cross-section and I drilled a hole in each side:

Name:	20210221_144802.jpg 
Size:	865.2 KB 
ID:	180781

Next I smoothered one end of the steel bar in Gorilla glue and inserted it in:

Name:	20210221_145113.jpg 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	180782

And then I mated the other end (again with Gorilla Glue):

Name:	20210221_150034.jpg 
Size:	806.9 KB 
ID:	180783

Name:	20210221_150451.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	180784

So on Tuesday I should be able to do deadlifts and squats with a steel-reinforced bar.

Also I need to get 'killen dried' sand to pour into the bottles because the normal sand gets into clumps and takes ages to fill the bottle.
    I love to see someone trying to stay active, even you. I see what u type around here so I know u have some brains even if its all weird.

But, this is got to be the dumbest fucking thing I have ever seen. So much can be said but I just dont have the energy. U need friends man, Im so glad you are across the pond.
    Cuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    I love to see someone trying to stay active, even you. I see what u type around here so I know u have some brains even if its all weird.

But, this is got to be the dumbest fucking thing I have ever seen. So much can be said but I just dont have the energy. U need friends man, Im so glad you are across the pond.
    Weight plates here in Europe are currently selling for £3 per kilogram.

In American language that's $1.92 per pound.

I need about 352 lbs for my deadlifting, so about $676.

You have two options:

(1) Cheques to be made payable to 'The Kimbo Cause'

(2) Let me make weights from water bottles and wooden broomsticks reinforced with steel

I haven't got much witt right now, my friend died lastnight... I went to a Drive In gospel meeting outside his house lastnight, and as I arrived, they told me he was unwell and that they'd called an ambulance for him. I phoned them this morning and they told me he died. I drove by his house earlier today and stroked his pet cat outside. I'm hoping I can go to his funeral with all the Covid restrictions.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Don’t worry Moose was mean to me, left came back years later and now he likes me. Give it time, you guys will be friends.
    Mooseman I'll make a trade with you. Trade me your genetics, workout routine, diet and physique.... give me all that stuff... and I shall requite you with the secret to how to get your children not to hate you.

I don't know if you have kids but you're in general just a dislikeable person -- and more importantly, children can detect dishonour in their father's eyes.

If you knew what was good for you, you'd sacrifice your physique.
    Mooseman33 likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    sensitive subject.

I was bullied by BG for years, I have just recently finished therapy. It took many years to get past all the pain.
    Just kidding. He is straight forward like me, kicked my ass a little.

BG knows I love him. yes we fought, yes I was wrong. But i was right about his old buddy.

and kimbo and I can never be friends, i do not think I am mean to him, I call it brutal honesty, i say the nasty shit people think.

Weight plates here in Europe are currently selling for £3 per kilogram.

In American language that's $1.92 per pound.

I need about 352 lbs for my deadlifting, so about $676.

You have two options:

(1) Cheques to be made payable to 'The Kimbo Cause'

(2) Let me make weights from water bottles and wooden broomsticks reinforced with steel

I haven't got much witt right now, my friend died lastnight... I went to a Drive In gospel meeting outside his house lastnight, and as I arrived, they told me he was unwell and that they'd called an ambulance for him. I phoned them this morning and they told me he died. I drove by his house earlier today and stroked his pet cat outside. I'm hoping I can go to his funeral with all the Covid restrictions.
    Didn't you just spend 45 days on vacation in the Canary Islands? If you can afford that, you can afford a home gym.

Name:	20210304_182536.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	180827

I found a 15 lb bar and 33 lb worth of plates.

I wouldn't want it any heavier without a proper stand for racking.

This is definitely minimising atrophy til 1st April when lockdown ends.

I performed another upgrade today to bring it up to 144 lbs.

Name:	20210406_123419.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	180936
    Testie likes this.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    The wooden pole might snap too. I'll be happy if I get a week or two out of it. Gym reopens on March 5th.

My shit barbell might just keep those little muscles in my lower back alive for long enough... keep the vertebral juices flowing
    I didn’t post pictures but the old time strong men like Paul Andersen and the boys used similar techniques with obvious good results I have used water bags myself in the past. I have seen guys use landscaping timber (4x4’s) and 5 gallon buckets filled with sand, just hooking through the handle. I believe big Paul used railroad ties.

Kimbo, you've said before you make pretty decent money (decent enough to vacation in the Canaries for a month). Why don't you just buy a real cage, bench, olympic bar and some weights?

Kimbo, you've said before you make pretty decent money (decent enough to vacation in the Canaries for a month). Why don't you just buy a real cage, bench, olympic bar and some weights?
    That's less money I'll have to fly back and forth to Germany to the biggest naked sauna in the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information