Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Temporary deadlift bar until gym opens

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Temporary deadlift bar until gym opens

I can't let my deadlifts go to shit while the gyms don't open til 5th March.

So today... I'm gonna get a load of these 5-litre water bottles with the plastic flexible handle:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water_bottle.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	180729

I'm going to pour out all the water and fill them with stones:

Name:	gravel_stones.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	180730

Stones are approximately 1.5 times the density of water, so the 5-litre bottle full of stones should way about 7.5 kg.

Next I'll have to get a long wooden pole, and I think I'll put three bottles on each side to bring it to about 45 kg. Obviously 45 kg isn't a very heavy deadlift but it will at least keep my muscles alive for the next month and minimise atrophy.

Not sure yet how I'll secure the bottles to the wooden pole. If I put the pole through the flexible handle then I could just duct tape it in place, or alternatively I could use a small chain with a little £1 lock to keep the bottles in place. I can also do squats with it. Also bicep curls.
    Testie likes this.

Actually wet sand is about twice as dense as water.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You said you're reasonably well off. Why don't you just build a homegym?

If lockdown was forever and gyms would never reopen then I'd have to buy weights eventually.

For the timebeing I made this today:

Name:	20210209_132700.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	180732
    Testie likes this.

The plastic handles will quickly break IMO.

The wooden pole might snap too. I'll be happy if I get a week or two out of it. Gym reopens on March 5th.

My shit barbell might just keep those little muscles in my lower back alive for long enough... keep the vertebral juices flowing
    Testie likes this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    this is pure humor
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Its really not that hard to make a temporary deadlift bar. Plenty of scrap yards around, just go find some straight steel. You will need gloves and probably a tetnis shot . . Plenty of steel tubing is also available, hell i see it all the time at lowes. Im guessing if you’re deadlifting your somewhere around 120kg? 3/4 steel electrical conduit could handle that no problem in conjunction with your 100kg squats also. As for weight, the water bottles would work just fine if they are the same quality as my place of employment. 5 gallon jugs with strong handles hell you wont even need rocks just use the most renewable resources we have like water. Problem solved, now you have a deadlift bar so now you can deadlift and get a Dorian back

easy cuz. if a man with kimbo's genetic gifts get that kind of information he could take over the bodybuilding world.

need to keep genetic beasts like him in the shadows.
    Capebuffalo and Honkey_Kong like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    easy cuz. if a man with kimbo's genetic gifts get that kind of information he could take over the bodybuilding world.

Oh shit you’re right. I may edit my post before he is able to see it i forgot about the ten years of tren coupled with elite genetics godammit what have i done
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Mooseman I'll make a trade with you. Trade me your genetics, workout routine, diet and physique.... give me all that stuff... and I shall requite you with the secret to how to get your children not to hate you.

I don't know if you have kids but you're in general just a dislikeable person -- and more importantly, children can detect dishonour in their father's eyes.

If you knew what was good for you, you'd sacrifice your physique.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Im guessing if you’re deadlifting your somewhere around 120kg? 3/4 steel electrical conduit could handle that no problem in conjunction with your 100kg squats also.
    My deadlift max is 150 - 160 kg.

The barebell I made today is 40 kg which with at least minimise atrophy in my lower back until March 5th.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    My deadlift max is 150 - 160 kg.

The barebell I made today is 40 kg which with at least minimise atrophy in my lower back until March 5th.
    You would need heavier gauge steel, preferably galvanized 7ft piece of PIPE. A large hardware store would have it you would need 2 buckets full of wet sand on each end. It would get you through the month. I would do it

You would need heavier gauge steel, preferably galvanized 7ft piece of PIPE. A large hardware store would have it you would need 2 buckets full of wet sand on each end. It would get you through the month. I would do it
    The whole point of all this was to make something very cheaply. That 7ft pipe will cost a lot.

I'm about to drive to the park now with my new 40kg barebell so I'll see how it goes.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -

His naked push ups are really starting to show.
    Cuz, Honkey_Kong, Cylon357 and 1 others like this.

You will have him building cages for small animals and children if you aren’t careful. Lol
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    You will have him building cages for small animals
    You mean start my own petshop with gerbils and canaries?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    His naked push ups are really starting to show.
    Damnit Cape lol
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Mooseman I'll make a trade with you. Trade me your genetics, workout routine, diet and physique.... give me all that stuff... and I shall requite you with the secret to how to get your children not to hate you.

I don't know if you have kids but you're in general just a dislikeable person -- and more importantly, children can detect dishonour in their father's eyes.

If you knew what was good for you, you'd sacrifice your physique.
    im a dislikeable person? u have multiple accts here as u have had them all tossed. obs would not even let u on his board and he has like 8 members.
    u actually made my day, if someone like u actually liked me i would be forced to kill myself. we all know that u are well versed in that kimbo as ur past is out there.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Just finished my workout. I did the following five times:
    Run 1 km, do 10 deadlifts, do 4 front-squats

Then at the end I did another 10 deadlifts and 4 front-squats.

Lastly I did normal squats (three sets of 4 reps).

If I do this for the next 4 weeks then my transition back into regular weightlifting won't be nearly as difficult. It will be nice if I can still squat 100kg at the end of all this, and if my bench stays above 90kg.

im a dislikeable person? u have multiple accts here as u have had them all tossed. obs would not even let u on his board and he has like 8 members.
    u actually made my day, if someone like u actually liked me i would be forced to kill myself. we all know that u are well versed in that kimbo as ur past is out there.
    Try not to internalise other people's thoughts.

10 years from now when I'm famous and have my own brand, if Donald Trump goes on TV and says he likes me, I won't take it as a smeer on my character. Donald Trump's thoughts are out of my control.

Mooseman, you seem to be in favour of thought control? How do you feel about so-called 'virtuous paedophiles'? Personally I habe the greatest respect for people who have the gaul to go against their own nature in favour of their values.

Perhaps Mooseman you too could go against your innate hateful nature, and perhaps become a 'virtuous hater'?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

10 years from now when I'm famous and have my own brand, if Donald Trump goes on TV and says he likes me, I won't take it as a smeer on my character. Donald Trump's thoughts are out of my control.

Mooseman, you seem to be in favour of thought control? How do you feel about so-called 'virtuous paedophiles'? Personally I habe the greatest respect for people who have the gaul to go against their own nature in favour of their values.

Perhaps Mooseman you too could go against your innate hateful nature, and perhaps become a 'virtuous hater'?
    What “brand” will you have when you’re famous? Are you an inventor ?

you cant make this shit up.....
    Capebuffalo, Hughinn and XnavyHMCS like this.

What “brand” will you have when you’re famous? Are you an inventor ?
    The line between discoverer and inventor is blurred and fraught with pride.

I don't know if you're familiar with the 'Simon Community', well I'm gonna start the Thomas Community to aid people like Mooseman in the pursuit of emotional equilibrium. Basically I'll cure people of their hate and lessen the severity and frequency of nervous breakdowns.

I will achieve this by guiding people toward asexuality. Asexuality is the supreme platform from which all other mental stillnesses can be attained. Conquer your strongest urges and you will conquer your own mind. A person who has conquered themselves is stronger than a person who has conquered a thousand people in battle. And yes my programme is inclusive of 'virtuous paedophiles'.

Also I've invented an energy-saving lightbulb that comes on immediately. It's two lightbulbs in parallel -- one is normal Tungsten filament and the other is energy-saving. The former is in series with a capacitor, while the latter is in series with an inductor. So the former will come on immediately and gradually get dimmer as the energy-saving bulb takes over. I should have gotten a fucking patent.

I don't know if you're familiar with the 'Simon Community', well I'm gonna start the Thomas Community to aid people like Mooseman in the pursuit of emotional equilibrium. Basically I'll cure people of their hate and lessen the severity and frequency of nervous breakdowns.

I will achieve this by guiding people toward asexuality. Asexuality is the supreme platform from which all other mental stillnesses can be attained. Conquer your strongest urges and you will conquer your own mind. A person who has conquered themselves is stronger than a person who has conquered a thousand people in battle. And yes my programme is inclusive of 'virtuous paedophiles'.

Also I've invented an energy-saving lightbulb that comes on immediately. It's two lightbulbs in parallel -- one is normal Tungsten filament and the other is energy-saving. The former is in series with a capacitor, while the latter is in series with an inductor. So the former will come on immediately and gradually get dimmer as the energy-saving bulb takes over. I should have gotten a fucking patent.
    I will pay for Moose’s rehabilitation. Where do I send the insurance info? 257-OU-812 is my social security number if that helps.

So you're planning to sell tren in 10 years? You might want to get somebody else to endorse it.
    Capebuffalo and Cylon357 like this.

I will pay for Moose’s rehabilitation. Where do I send the insurance info? 257-OU-812 is my social security number if that helps.
    We actually have 'National Insurance' numbers here in the UK (although it is a similar idea to the American Social Security). I might be able to pull something off here though if you can provide proof that Mooseman is a native American (as he would then be eligible for an aboriginal subsidy). You don't need to write any superfluous info on the form (e.g. previous convictions or being adjudicated mentally defective).

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    So you're planning to sell tren in 10 years? You might want to get somebody else to endorse it.
    I'm the cunt that still has a full head of hair after taking 1.2 grams a week (And that's without mentioning the 2 grams of Test I stacked it with, nor the 70mg daily Dbol ).

I am legend.

I'm the cunt that still has a full head of hair after taking 1.2 grams a week (And that's without mentioning the 2 grams of Test I stacked it with, nor the 70mg daily Dbol ).

I am legend.
    Dude, you don't even look like you workout. Are you sure that stuff you were injecting was even real?
    Capebuffalo and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Dude, you don't even look like you workout. Are you sure that stuff you were injecting was even real?
    It's all in the head. Muscle is a mindset.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

asexuality is for people who cant get laid.

asexuality is for people who cant get laid.
    Try tell that to a virtuous paedophile who is *******ly going against their personal nature in favour of supreme moral sanctity.

Oh wait I forgot, such concepts (and similar concepts aligned with human dignity) escape you.

In my previous post above this one, I wrote a word beginning with V and it was automatically censored.

You mean start my own petshop with gerbils and canaries?
    If it gets the gerbil out of your ass so he can breath. Yes
    Honkey_Kong and Mooseman33 like this.

My lower back is sore today so my new barbell did the trick.

I had planned on filling all six bottles with wet sand, but then when I saw how long it took to get all the sand into the bottles, I stopped at 2.

I might upgrade it from 40kg to 60kg at some point though.

remember to take it slow.

even someone as experienced and genetically gifted as you, with all ur knowledge in the arts of anabolic steroids can hurt themselves.

go easy big fella

that being said, I am glad u are doing some sort of workout, no bullshit, keep at it.
    Capebuffalo and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Was 100kg your max squat when you were shooting all that gear?
    I didn't get my squad up to 100kg until I came off everything. I was off everything for about 2 years when I finally reached 100kg.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Hilarious.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-10-2021 at 11:14 AM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post

Mooseman32: "obs would not even let u on his board and he has like 8 members.
    "

Hilarious.
    I actually got a personalised welcome from Obs himself in which he expressed his desire to have me on his board, however when a German lady moderator tried to dismantle my identity, I posted a video of a cute Mexican girl being dismembered alive. That was the basis of my ban.

I didn't get my squad up to 100kg until I came off everything. I was off everything for about 2 years when I finally reached 100kg.
    So you couldn't reach 100kg max squat while shooting 1.2 grams of tren per week for 10 years? Come on, this is bullshit.
    Capebuffalo and Cylon357 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information