Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Mn v. Chauvin starts Monday, 3/8/21, I hope they throw the book at this cop. Among...

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    DD, I think what they're saying is that Floyd death is the best thing that ever happened to them because he was a piece of shit that did nothing good for his family, or very little. He is better off dead, for them, because they're now rich and he won't be here to destroy his family like he destroyed his life.

I don't agree with slavery being a good thing for anyone, but let's be real, blacks in America have more opportunities and successes than in any African country. Bringing slaves to America and colonizing Africa was essentially bringing their people out of the stone age. The way by which they were brought here and the circumstances they endured under slavery were wrong. Nobody deserves to be forced to do something against their will and to be treated like animals. In a messed up way... their enslavement was essentially a payment of dues so that they could be brought from mud huts and spears, fast forwarded 4 or 5 thousand years into modern (at the time) civilization... Unfortunately many of them still operate on the "kill or be killed" and easy-money mentality they thrived on for thousands of years in Africa. See a fruit, eat a fruit. Kill their tribe, take their loot. That's the lot of "unintelligent blacks" as defined by Charles Barkley - and George Floyd falls right in that category.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Cuz... read any post of me on this subject.
    I never claimed George Floyd was a good man.

Just amazed that a Christian man would say that someone ODing and/or getting killed is a good thing.
    Last I knew Jesus preached forgiveness.

(Matthew 6:14–15)
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

But hell... Religion is funny like that. Everyone has their own interpertation.

As for slavery...
    Please realize that there are many successful Black people in America who came to America after slavery.
    So it is very possible that someone's heritage would be better off if they weren't purchased as slaves.
    The claim that slavery is actually a good thing is bullshit in my opinion.

But to clarify...
    I think George Floyd was no saint.
    I understand how people could see his death as good. I don't.

But what I find truly appalling is the belief that slavery was actually a good thing for blacks.
    It is better to be poor and free than rich and a slave.
    Many, many blacks have succeeded in the world without going the slave route.
    Many, many blacks have gone the slave route and not succeeded in the world.
    No sir, slavery is not a good thing. Never said “slavery” in general is a good thing, but what IS a good thing is that African people had slaves in Africa and the pilgrims brought them to what is now the United States. We abolished slavery, black people live better in the United States than most of Africa by a long shot sir. If you can’t comprehend what im trying to say forgive me im not the best with words but what i say i do feel is best.

You just basically take my post and just pull what you want from it. I get that, never said blacks aren’t successful, matter of fact thats quite the opposite..again Look at the Lebrons and Kanyes... my argument is done
    XnavyHMCS and Hughinn like this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    No sir, slavery is not a good thing. Never said “slavery” in general is a good thing, but what IS a good thing is that African people had slaves in Africa and the pilgrims brought them to what is now the United States. We abolished slavery, black people live better in the United States than most of Africa by a long shot sir. If you can’t comprehend what im trying to say forgive me im not the best with words but what i say i do feel is best.

You just basically take my post and just pull what you want from it. I get that, never said blacks aren’t successful, matter of fact thats quite the opposite..again Look at the Lebrons and Kanyes... my argument is done
    Cuz, brother...!!! NOTICE: To any and all of my esteemed forum members who might so happen to be partaking of and practicing the current trend to "be less white" / "stow or deep-six your toxic masculinity" I said "Cuz, brother...!!!", not "Cuz, kindred klansman"...

To Deadlifting Dog:

Hey bro, I meant what I said as an "off-colored" joke; I certainly didn't state anywhere in my brief comment that I believed American slavery to be a good thing. I certainly didn't mean to offend you (or anyone else), personally, in any way shape or form. I don't have to explain my comment, as others who posted after my contribution in question, have done a stellar job of translating just what I meant...

Perhaps you have some experience on the continent in question; ever been there? How many countries did you visit? Tell me about it?

My visiting and staying in 5 African nations by no means qualifies me for expert status; but I have really seen and smelled the "Dark Continent".

I will only say that after the first Gulf War, our nation conducted a tragicomedy incursion in Somalia. We had one black guy in our platoon, and a whole slew of "brothers" onboard the gator freighter which we were passengers. Our colored guy was engaged in some banter with ship's company of the same complexion, and was going on and on with them about, "We goin to thu mutherland" and "muther Africa...". We were all busting our guy's balls when get settled in ashore. And I personally stated to him something to the effect of "Mother Africa, huh? The motherland? Looks like slavery was the best thing that happened to your ancestors; it got them the hell outta here..." Something like that.

So DD, again let me reiterate, I meant no disrespect to yourself nor to anyone else.

Alright, lets get this thread back on track...!!!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how would the world be today, if man didn't make slavery a thing

Well done people

Hughinn is offline Banned
    I think it gets very little notation, so I'll just interject here, that people of all colors have been subject to slavery. Although it hardly ever gets mentioned, the viking slave trade, made the Atlantic slave trade look like ametures. And those slaves were predominantly northern European. And we're talking about 3.5 to 5 millions of slaves of Irish, Scottish, French and English decent. Yes, white people.

Compare that to the 800k in the American/African slave trade and you see that in truth, more white people by far have been subject to slavery historically than black.

It's an ugly part of human history. But that doesn't mean something good can't come from something bad in some instances.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-14-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    I think it gets very little notation, so I'll just interject here, that people of all colors have been subject to slavery. Although it hardly ever gets mentioned, the viking slave trade, made the Atlantic slave trade look like ametures. And those slaves were predominantly northern European. And we're talking about 3.5 to 5 millions of slaves of Irish, Scottish, French and English decent. Yes, white people.

Compare that to the 800k in the American/African slave trade and you see that in truth, more white people by far have been subject to slavery historically than black.

It's an ugly part of human history. But that doesn't mean something good can't come from something bad in some instances.
    or for another version of reality....

The Atlantic slave trade from Africa to the New World might well have been the largest maritime migration in history. The reason for this maritime movement was to obtain labour as the indigenous population of the New World had declined rapidly because of its lack of immunity against imported pathogens. In total about 12 million Africans were forcibly embarked and because of the high mortality aboard, about 10 million slaves were disembarked

https://ehne.fr/en/encyclopedia/them...ic-slave-trade

In 1790 there were fewer that 700,000 enslaved people in the United States; in 1830 there were more than 2 million; on the eve of the Civil War, nearly 4 million.

https://www.loc.gov/classroom-materi...ns-in-america/

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ok, since this thread is off track, it's easy to handle:

1). Slavery is bad. It goes against our Declaration of Independence.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

2). Slavery had nothing to do with the original topic of the thread, so thread closed.

Hmm, this isn't too hard at all. See how it works?
    Booz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Taking numbers AG!!
    almostgone likes this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information