Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Why is there this demand in the world to defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan?

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Gotcha. Unfortunately, that issue was also bought up, but the advice wasn't heeded.

Like y'all, I'm not making this a political party vs. political party incident. There will be time for looking back at and learning from our mistakes later on.

For now, let's just pray for the safety of the soldiers, contractors, American citizens, and the Afghan citizens and that they egress/evac safely.

This could quickly turn into a much worse tragedy. It's bad enough now, but unfortunately there's room for it to escalate further.
    Exactly. Regardless of politics I think we can all agree that keeping your word is important. We have translators and contractors we promised to get papers and transpo to USA but we left them stuck. it isn’t just them at risk but their families are at risk too. There are women kicked out of jobs and schools, and even raped and civilians dying for just speaking up for what the believe in. It’s a crappy situation and it only has room to escalate.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    The whole thing is deteriorating rapidly. I'm so angry that I'm sick in my guts.
    DinAZ likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Incoming aircraft being fired upon, suicide bombers, firefights, a car bomb.

Shit.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    . . . .their families are at risk too. There are women kicked out of jobs and schools, and even raped and civilians dying for just speaking up for what the believe in. It’s a crappy situation and it only has room to escalate.
    Yes, it’s what the Taliban and other extremists have done before & will continue to do in the future. The pullout was planned 19 months ago. Let’s do what we have to do to (that should already have been done) to get folks to safety and get then get the f out. Truly a shame.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    People tend not to be too upset by things that don't affect them directly. Hence why I was more concerned about the plot of the movie I watched in the cinema tonight than I am about people in any country whose last two syllables are 'istan'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    I love JW, amazing human
    LOL, his rants are motivational and humorous at times!

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you haven’t t read Extreme Ownership…grab a copy.

If you have a son, pick up a copy of his kids series Warrior Way

And we shouldn’t be shocked by anything that is occurring over there. It’s disgusting
    almostgone likes this.

I don’t even know what to say…

https://nypost.com/2021/08/26/taliba...icopter-video/
    almostgone likes this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Just now I saw a press conference where Biden said he'd go hunting after ISIS-K (i.e. the branch/subsidiary of ISIS that's located in Afghanistan).

So does Biden attend to collaborate with the Taliban to take down ISIS-K? Seriously if there were aliens on another planet watching the 'Earth News', this would be really embarrassing for us, I mean how do we explain this one? We evacuated a country to allow terrorists take control of it, but then some more terrorists blew up the airport, so while we're not gonna go after the original terrorists anymore, we're going to start a new war with the new terrorists.

For fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Hopefully that's all they know how to do with it!

It is mind blowing to me when we look back at history to the 1980s. We could have let USSR choppers destroy Afghanistan. We toss them some RPGs and just enough help to stay alive. Fast forward 40 years and now Taliban is flying our choppers.

It is mind blowing to me when we look back at history to the 1980s. We could have let USSR choppers destroy Afghanistan. We toss them some RPGs and just enough help to stay alive. Fast forward 40 years and now Taliban is flying our choppers.
    I think the line of thinking was that if Afghanistan fell to Russia, Pakistan would be next. Then Russia could f with the gulf of Oman and possibly the Persian gulf.

Biden would send them all a huge f you if he can get as many people out as possible & did not prolong our stay there. I did say in my original post that I was surprised we didn’t do air strikes on equipment and weapons from the get go. If they can’t use them, they can sell them to someone else who can. One of their huge issues is a lack of cash, however a fear of dying for their cause is not, nor will it ever be. Hell, the Taliban isn’t even unified & then you have all of the other extremist groups that will be fighting for prominence; let them kill themselves.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I think the line of thinking was that if Afghanistan fell to Russia, Pakistan would be next. Then Russia could f with the gulf of Oman and possibly the Persian gulf.

Biden would send them all a huge f you if he can get as many people out as possible & did not prolong our stay there. I did say in my original post that I was surprised we didn’t do air strikes on equipment and weapons from the get go. If they can’t use them, they can sell them to someone else who can. One of their huge issues is a lack of cash, however a fear of dying for their cause is not, nor will it ever be. Hell, the Taliban isn’t even unified & then you have all of the other extremist groups that will be fighting for prominence; let them kill themselves.
    That could have been woefully interesting.

Afghanistan used to be part of Iran. Just the global economics alone would be totally different if Russia had "absorbed" Afghanistan then pushed right on thru to the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman.

Actually a very scary scenario.

That could have been woefully interesting.

Afghanistan used to be part of Iran. Just the global economics alone would be totally different if Russia had "absorbed" Afghanistan then pushed right on thru to the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman.

Actually a very scary scenario.
    Good point. The development of the alliance of Afghanistan with Russia and/or China is pretty concerning now so I’m sure it would have been then as well.

@DinAZ & AG, thank you both. I hope that we can keep this very respectful discussion going of such a tragic mess.

The battle for the Middle East between Russia and the west (used to be primarily France & Britain) has been going on since the 1800’s. We really got involved when Britain’s power diminished after WW1 as to back Israel against its neighbors (whose military was funded by Russia). The battle for the Middle East and surrounding territories will never end as long as there is a need for oil and Israel keeps a perceived lopsided control over the Palestinians, at least imo. Speaking of which, if the Taliban can’t really use all of the equipment and arms they just took control of, Israel’s enemies can. Oops, looks like we need to up our funding to Israel.

Honestly, China is laughing their asses off at our attempt to control radical Islamism and have been doing so for a long time. How many more decades involving billions & trillions can we spend on that while China only grows stronger?
    Last edited by wango; 08-27-2021 at 01:21 PM.

China has been becoming more and more powerful ever since they incorporated capitalism. China and Russia are in very different places as far as power and economy, but both have motive to capitalize on the situation and that is one of my big concerns.

China has been becoming more and more powerful ever since they incorporated capitalism. China and Russia are in very different places as far as power and economy, but both have motive to capitalize on the situation and that is one of my big concerns.
    China has been taking advantage of this situation since the day we stepped foot into Iraq. Since that moment, our focus has been been too directed there. They also aren’t “burdened” with Israel, which makes us public enemy number one. I’m not condemning supporting Israel, but this shit ain’t ending. All the while China can deal with other issues and spend their billions on other things while we continue our everlasting entanglement in the Middle East.
    DinAZ and XnavyHMCS like this.

@DinAZ & AG, thank you both. I hope that we can keep this very respectful discussion going of such a tragic mess.

The battle for the Middle East between Russia and the west (used to be primarily France & Britain) has been going on since the 1800’s. We really got involved when Britain’s power diminished after WW1 as to back Israel against its neighbors (whose military was funded by Russia). The battle for the Middle East and surrounding territories will never end as long as there is a need for oil and Israel keeps a perceived lopsided control over the Palestinians, at least imo. Speaking of which, if the Taliban can’t really use all of the equipment and arms they just took control of, Israel’s enemies can. Oops, looks like we need to up our funding to Israel.

Honestly, China is laughing their asses off at our attempt to control radical Islamism and have been doing so for a long time. How many more decades involving billions & trillions can we spend on that while China only grows stronger?

They'll probably hire some of the excess Russian " private corporations" to train them. They should have plenty of money. H is still in strong demand.

Re: China laughing. They probably are. Look how they treat the Uyghurs and other minority Muslims. Think they slammed over a million of the into "counter-extremusm" camps. Hell, about all the Uyghurs do is grow and process cotton ( from what I can tell)?

They seem to have no problem "re-educating" them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is there this demand in the world to defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan?-_116779004_32370254-4455-47bd-ba70-833206d8ab67.jpg  

Sorry to get off topic.

How about the "Pineapple Express" op. Pretty f-in intense!!

https://dividendwealth.co.uk/operati...f-the-taliban/
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-27-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Sorry to get off topic.

How about the "Pineapple Express" op. Pretty f-in intense!!

https://dividendwealth.co.uk/operati...f-the-taliban/
    Intense indeed. And, one very funny movie!

They'll probably hire some of the excess Russian " private corporations" to train them. They should have plenty of money. H is still in strong demand.

H? You know, this would be interesting. Send over the Mexican cartels, maybe MS13. Would make for a good movie at least.
    almostgone likes this.

H? You know, this would be interesting. Send over the Mexican cartels, maybe MS13. Would make for a good movie at least.
    Hmm, that might streamline flow too much? Afghans are heavily vested in meth production as well as opium.

https://cen.acs.org/policy/global-he...-rooted/99/i13

Interesting movie....most definitely!!
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-27-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    wango likes this.

Yup, $ for all initially BUT. They ain’t covering up their ladies and giving up their cervezas. Soon the Muslims and homies are all popping caps in each other’s asses. That was my train of thought.

The drone strike on the ISIS-K planner for the Kabul attacks should did happen easily. Hope it was legit Intel.

The news is we killed “a planner”. Convenient

Just a grain of sand in an endless shit hole desert…it does make me really appreciate the reaper drones and their capabilities.

Hopefully we didn’t leave any of those behind as well

The whole thing just makes me hate fucking Pakistan even more…they’re lucky they’re nuclear or we’d be there too.

This thing has no end, was a lose lose as soon as we went officially in country. Certainly can’t leave it to be a staging ground like pre 9/11.

Makes my head spin…the power struggles there are centuries old and playing by the Geneva convention will get us nowhere.

I may as well start mumbling to myself because the whole thing makes me crazy.
    DinAZ and Cuz like this.

The news is we killed “a planner”. Convenient

Just a grain of sand in an endless shit hole desert…it does make me really appreciate the reaper drones and their capabilities.

Hopefully we didn’t leave any of those behind as well

The whole thing just makes me hate fucking Pakistan even more…they’re lucky they’re nuclear or we’d be there too.

This thing has no end, was a lose lose as soon as we went officially in country. Certainly can’t leave it to be a staging ground like pre 9/11.

Makes my head spin…the power struggles there are centuries old and playing by the Geneva convention will get us nowhere.

I may as well start mumbling to myself because the whole thing makes me crazy.

It will, man. When you start thinking about all of the possible scenarios and the associated sideshows, it will spin your head around.
    DinAZ and SampsonandDelilah like this.

These yahoos almost sink unsinkable battleships with a fishing boat. You simply can’t predict when they value offing themselves in lieu of living. No way to make a clean exit. This “Time Bomb” has to happen for someone unfortunately. Can’t believe I had this and played this “game” at birthday parties.

Look familiar? Here’s the face of the new Taliban. These fuckers climbed out of an armored Hum Vee. Anything you see here remind of you something else? Seems like they’ve come a long way since bathrobes, Russian AK’s, camels and flip flops.

This shit just incenses me. Anyone seen the faces of the 13 service members that were lost to the suicide bomber at the airport? They are fucking kids, it literally brought tears to my eyes.

Then I see this fucking picture today and the photo of the “last US service member l” in Afghanistan.

Made my blood boil.

I don’t have a point, but if this shit doesn’t incense you, then I don’t know what will

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D0B2850A-CA4E-49F7-BA71-89D74BDFA47D.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	489.7 KB 
ID:	181313
    DinAZ and almostgone like this.

Now the Taliban wants us to keep our embassy there and they’ll guarantee their safety. They do have chutzpah, got to hand it to em. Nice job Joe. You were handed a bag of crap with that place and some of it inevitably got on you. We’re out of there.

Can I slide a China/Huawei article in the same thread since China and Afghanistan share ~92 km border?

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-m...ogy-2021-8?amp

Can I slide a China/Huawei article in the same thread since China and Afghanistan share ~92 km border?

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-m...ogy-2021-8?amp

Leave it to the fucking Russians and Chinese to manipulate 5G technology to their advantage.

Huawei has been shady for so long and I’m not surprised a bit after reading that article. Just crazy, and to think they’re not going to capitalize on zero US presence is comical

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is nothing pedoJoe touches that doesnt turn into crap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information