DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Small View Post
    Some people are pissed with Arnie
    No i love Arnold
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Small View Post
    Some people are pissed with Arnie
    Life (and free speech) can be a bitch, they can learn to deal with it.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Life (and free speech) can be a bitch, they can learn to deal with it.
    Exactly, if we start censoring people we don’t agree with it is a quick path to fascism. If people don’t like what he says they can choose not to support him like the many sponsors already bailing on him
    XnavyHMCS, F4iGuy and wango like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Just about everyone has a love/hate relationship with Arnold - always have
    XnavyHMCS and DinAZ like this.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Arnie is cool with me

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He is an actor and body builder. I really dont care what his political or personal opinions are and wont influence mine in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    He is an actor and body builder. I really dont care what his political or personal opinions are and wont influence mine in any way.
    Same here. I grew up watching Arnold movies and he was like a childhood hero to me.

I’d rather be inspired by his career than disagree or agree with what he does or says. If something doesn’t impact my life no point getting upset by it.
    lovbyts and XnavyHMCS like this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    I think, IMO, his words were taken out of context, and once the media picked up the ball and ran with it, then here we are.

He lived and personified the American Dream and the Cinderella Story. I would be more inclined to believe that he is an American patriot at heart, than anything else; no matter what he said.
    < <Samson> > and tarmyg like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    He lived and personified the American Dream and the Cinderella Story.

Well, sorta

Until Arnie Jr popped up - to me & many others, now he looks like a guy that just never had a personal life.

Sorta, but not really
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Arnie was a legendary bodybuilder and made some pretty kickass movies in the 1980s and 90s.

What kind of retard looks to athletes and actors for political guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Arnie was a legendary bodybuilder and made some pretty kickass movies in the 1980s and 90s.

What kind of retard looks to athletes and actors for political guidance?
    Beautifully stated...!!!
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Well, sorta

Until Arnie Jr popped up - to me & many others, now he looks like a guy that just never had a personal life.

Sorta, but not really
    Boy, I don't know, brother. I would dispute the notion that he lived ANYTHING BUT the American Dream and the Cinderella Story.

From what I understand of his humble beginnings, debarking in the USA with a gym bag and some muscles, and not much else (his family being middle-class at best), pioneering and blazing the trail for bodybuilding and the fitness culture to thrive (I do not doubt, if there was no Arnold, someone would have come along and done the same.). Breaking into the film industry (I can remember seeing him, around the mid to late 70's in an episode of The Streets of San Francisco, and you couldn't even understand the 2 spoken lines he uttered; he was that bad.) and becoming an action star. Marrying a Kennedy (The closest thing that we Americans have to "royalty".). Rising to the office of Governor of the State of California (A state which was ranked 5th globally, ahead of India and just behind Germany.), which perhaps is no mean feat considering they elected Ronald Reagan (the first President I voted for). OK, he produced a child out of wedlock; welcome to America and more than that; welcome to being a high testosterone male (Arnold ain't the only one... But, chapeau bas to the Terminator. He could have thrown some cash at the kid and told him to disappear, instead he manned-up and chose a different tack.)

I feel that he personifies the American Dream / Cinderella Story. He would appear from the outside, unless someone has some information suggesting that Arnold came from a wealthy background, to be the classic "rags to riches" story.

I am by no means a mega fan of Arnold, but I think he fits the bill here. I was a bit turned-off by his negative stance, as a Republican no less, on Pres. Trump. So, I am not jumping to Arnies defense, only supporting my theory.

Take care buddy...!!!

Boy, I don't know, brother. I would dispute the notion that he lived ANYTHING BUT the American Dream and the Cinderella Story.

From what I understand of his humble beginnings, debarking in the USA with a gym bag and some muscles, and not much else (his family being middle-class at best), pioneering and blazing the trail for bodybuilding and the fitness culture to thrive (I do not doubt, if there was no Arnold, someone would have come along and done the same.). Breaking into the film industry (I can remember seeing him, around the mid to late 70's in an episode of The Streets of San Francisco, and you couldn't even understand the 2 spoken lines he uttered; he was that bad.) and becoming an action star. Marrying a Kennedy (The closest thing that we Americans have to "royalty".). Rising to the office of Governor of the State of California (A state which was ranked 5th globally, ahead of India and just behind Germany.), which perhaps is no mean feat considering they elected Ronald Reagan (the first President I voted for). OK, he produced a child out of wedlock; welcome to America and more than that; welcome to being a high testosterone male (Arnold ain't the only one... But, chapeau bas to the Terminator. He could have thrown some cash at the kid and told him to disappear, instead he manned-up and chose a different tack.)

I feel that he personifies the American Dream / Cinderella Story. He would appear from the outside, unless someone has some information suggesting that Arnold came from a wealthy background, to be the classic "rags to riches" story.

I am by no means a mega fan of Arnold, but I think he fits the bill here. I was a bit turned-off by his negative stance, as a Republican no less, on Pres. Trump. So, I am not jumping to Arnies defense, only supporting my theory.

Take care buddy...!!!
    Whenever anybody in the limelight gives that "rags to riches" story, my spidey-senses get triggered and I look to Yandex as my bullshit detector (google is pretty much useless to me these days).

But it really doesn't matter when you get down to it. Let's pretend Arnie was born with a silver spoon in his mouth (I know he was middle class or less), he still popularized and revolutionized bodybuilding. He still became the idol of our idols (well those of us who are under 50). The guy made a whole plethora of awesome action movies in the 80s and 90s that I grew up watching. It doesn't change any of that.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to separate the man from the work he's done. The guy could be a complete reprobate (and I'm not accusing him of that), but if he did some great works through his life, they stand on their own.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Blog Entries
    Pictures speak a thousand words

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C651003-1E97-44D2-8324-CB0D0F920334.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	181296

Come on bro - at least a good lookin costar

Whatevs - he made Predator
    XnavyHMCS and Honkey_Kong like this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    he forgot where he came from and how he came up.

now he is a jerkoff who gets drop kicked at speaking events.

Oh Gawd, a Maria Shriver pic? She got down right scary looking as she aged. That pic is not starting my week off well
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Oh Gawd, a Maria Shriver pic? She got down right scary looking as she aged. That pic is not starting my week off well
    Even though she was flat, when she was young, she was reasonablyhot. But holy shit did she go south from there.
    < <Samson> > and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Even though she was flat, when she was young, she was reasonablyhot. But holy shit did she go south from there.
    Agreed.

here this might help fix that

Name:	MK.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	526.5 KB 
ID:	181297
    < <Samson> > and wango like this.

Yeah.... But I would lay money on the theory that the housekeeper, no matter what she looked like; she hit the pipe and was "no holes barred" for ol'Dutch (Commando). She, the housekeeper, had the look... He must have been home alone with her most of the day, or for days on end, and as can frequently happen, one thing led to another...

In any event, he is and was that man; with all his imperfections.

You gotta hand it to him for standing next to his "bastard" child. Like I said, he could have just fucked the young man off, but instead has chosen, at the cost of perhaps respect from family and friends, not to mention the rupture of his marriage to Maria, to be seen publicly with the boy and to outward appearances, support him. Hell, once the kid started growing Arnie was never going to be able to keep that genie in the bottle; not with that kids genetics.

I am with you guys here on the forum; I despise it when actors and athletes are asked for their opinions on politics, etc... They carry little to no weight in my view.
    < <Samson> >, DinAZ and wango like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    here this might help fix that

Name:	MK.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	526.5 KB 
ID:	181297
    Ahhhhh, thank you for easing my pain!

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I am with you guys here on the forum; I despise it when actors and athletes are asked for their opinions on politics, etc... They carry little to no weight in my view.
    The way people should respond IMHO.

https://youtu.be/DkIZZCbxngQ

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You left out a key profession. Politician. Governor of California ring a bell? Arnold has done pretty everything i mean he is an amazing person for sure, would he have his fame without immigrating to the USA? Fuck no.

As long as he stays out of a public office i could care less what he says, i pray to God he keeps himself out of a political seat the last thing we need is another communist.

“Screw your freedoms” should not be ok with anyone living in the best nation on earth. He has basically lost all my respect. Thats just my opinion i am not insuing argument with anyone on this forum as we have already beat the political horse to fucking death here
    DinAZ, XnavyHMCS and Honkey_Kong like this.

Blog Entries
    Oh Gawd, a Maria Shriver pic? She got down right scary looking as she aged.

Yup, looked like he married the predator

Lmao

Good shit

Awesome he’s still alive & going either way
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Yup, looked like he married the predator

Lmao

Good shit
    "... looked like he married the predator" LMFAO, that was good.

I guess age will do that to all of us, at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You left out a key profession. Politician. Governor of California ring a bell? Arnold has done pretty everything i mean he is an amazing person for sure, would he have his fame without immigrating to the USA? Fuck no.

As long as he stays out of a public office i could care less what he says, i pray to God he keeps himself out of a political seat the last thing we need is another communist.

“Screw your freedoms” should not be ok with anyone living in the best nation on earth. He has basically lost all my respect. Thats just my opinion i am not insuing argument with anyone on this forum as we have already beat the political horse to fucking death here
    On the bright side, he can't run for governor of Commiefornia again (term limits) and since he's a foreigner, he can't run for president. Besides, at his age, he probably doesn't want to do more than occasionally go on TV and do an interview or do short clips on social media. Maybe he'll do a few easy movies here and there too.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I think he said "screw your freedoms" as a tongue-in-cheek kinda comment at all the conspiracy nonsense being spewed by certain people about the covid vaccine or mandates stepping on their rights. There is nuance, it's not just black and white. I think he's saying that people need to stop the bullshit, get vaccinated, and eliminate this virus from circulation. Only when everyone is vaccinated can this happen. This virus replicates in our bodies... the people who are now in the hospitals from COVID are majority non-vaccinated. There wouldn't be a Delta variant, or any other future variant, if he world took the proper steps to eliminating this virus. But people wanna believe bullshit conspiracy theories and think that the vaccine is some kind of plot to control humans. Give me a fucking break.

If Covid had a 90% death rate, I'm sure people would happily get the vaccine and stop spreading the God damn virus in perpetuity. These mandates and the vaccine wouldn't step on their freedoms then.... I'm just so sick of this notion of "my freedoms." We live in a fucking society, in a community. We do things for the good of the people, not for some conspiracy theory that some politician wants to control us. So yeah, I kinda agree with him. Screw your freedom, for a little bit... till we get this virus the fuck out of here. People will shoot up UGL made in a sink but can't get a fucking vaccine.
    DinAZ likes this.

Thread Information