Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Weird hobbies

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Working on rusty junk is always fun… you basically have to quote the customer every single thing the part you’re replacing touches lol
    You don’t work on vehicles do ya?

It’s a hit or miss at times if I’m doing it for fun

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    You don’t work on vehicles do ya?

It’s a hit or miss at times if I’m doing it for fun
    Yes unfortunately I do lol. I’ve managed to make a very decent living doing it, which is rare and I am grateful for, but it’s still a very stressful and frustrating occupation at times.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by amyst View Post
    I started to collect different jewellery when i was around 10. My collection is huge now, still interested in that
    That's not weird if you're a woman.
    BG likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I love freeze drying food and stockpiling supplies for the tribulation. My wife is a proper commie who thinks its stupid and a waste of money but fuck her she can starve then when the day comes if she does not support my hobbies.

There is a bloke in Texas who sells these really cool bunkers but I need about 200grand.

https://atlassurvivalshelters.com/
    Last edited by Euroholic; 02-06-2023 at 06:59 AM.
    lovbyts likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK I can thing of 1 weird hobby or collection I do and NO its not about young Asian women .

When I was in grade school we had a contest for collecting Camble's soup labels and the school would redeem them for school playground equipment. I have not throw one away since then although they did change the medium to just a part of the label and not a digital copy. I have 1000s of labels and points I will eventually give to one of my grand kids or some random kid.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I love freeze drying food and stockpiling supplies for the tribulation. My wife is a proper commie who thinks its stupid and a waste of money but fuck her she can starve then when the day comes if she does not support my hobbies.

There is a bloke in Texas who sells these really cool bunkers but I need about 200grand.

https://atlassurvivalshelters.com/

I have several tubs of prepping supplies out in my garage I collected a couple of years back. Several of the 25 year meals in a tub as well as containers full of medical supplies, antibiotics, basic surgical supplies and books, first aid gear, cooking supplies etc.

I would like to do some home dehydrating to also go along with it. I do jerky but thats about it so far.
    BG and Euroholic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have several tubs of prepping supplies out in my garage I collected a couple of years back. Several of the 25 year meals in a tub as well as containers full of medical supplies, antibiotics, basic surgical supplies and books, first aid gear, cooking supplies etc.

I would like to do some home dehydrating to also go along with it. I do jerky but thats about it so far.
    I got in to pressure canning so I could prep for the end of the world, by having stored canned goods. I don't really do the prepping anymore, but I still do canning. I actually like the taste of canned soups and stews a lot. And it enables me to store spaghetti sauce when I make a batch of it.
    Euroholic, lovbyts, BG and 1 others like this.

The only problem with living the prepper lifestyle is you see the end of days in every little event. It is not like it will be announced on TV when societal order breaks down so one may never truly know.

My biggest fear is pulling the proverbial trigger to early and having to stand in front of the judge and explain that I thought society had broken down so the law didn't apply.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    That's not weird if you're a woman.
    Hahahaha!!! what about watches?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Hahahaha!!! what about watches?
    Those aren't jewelry. Those are time pieces.
    BG likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    This one isn't weird:

I was driving my truck in San Diego, and I heard a radio commercial for REI (outdoors equipment shop) about rock climbing. I thought that sounded cool, so I popped into the shop. After talking to the sales rep, who was straight up cool didn't try to sell me anything that I didn't need, just the basics; I was off on an adventure...

Ultimately, I branched out from just the crags (cliffs/rocks) to high alpine rock routes, then snow and ice. My platoon at that time didn't have anyone with any mountaineering skills, so I put in a request to go to Alaska on a one month civilian training course, where I learned a bunch of cool shit and summited Denali. Went back 2 more times to climb in Alaska, which culminated in a snowed-off assault of myself and a partner, of the famous West Rib route... Climbed Aconcagua (sp error) in S. America...

Was really into it for a long time. Spent a mountain of money on a gear intensive sport. Took some heinous falls. Met some cool people. In the end, the GWOT came about, and I drifted away from the hobby, to be left with a scrapbook of pictures and old memories.

Other than that, I never had any "weird hobbies"...

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    This one isn't weird:

I was driving my truck in San Diego, and I heard a radio commercial for REI (outdoors equipment shop) about rock climbing. I thought that sounded cool, so I popped into the shop. After talking to the sales rep, who was straight up cool didn't try to sell me anything that I didn't need, just the basics; I was off on an adventure...

Ultimately, I branched out from just the crags (cliffs/rocks) to high alpine rock routes, then snow and ice. My platoon at that time didn't have anyone with any mountaineering skills, so I put in a request to go to Alaska on a one month civilian training course, where I learned a bunch of cool shit and summited Denali. Went back 2 more times to climb in Alaska, which culminated in a snowed-off assault of myself and a partner, of the famous West Rib route... Climbed Aconcagua (sp error) in S. America...

Was really into it for a long time. Spent a mountain of money on a gear intensive sport. Took some heinous falls. Met some cool people. In the end, the GWOT came about, and I drifted away from the hobby, to be left with a scrapbook of pictures and old memories.

Other than that, I never had any "weird hobbies"...
    That’s awesome, I’ve always been really curious about mountain climbing. I think since watching that Everest movie. Denali is no joke. I’ve watched documentaries and many people have died on that one. Read books on the first expeditions to the Himalayas and K2. It’s fascinating to me, but I hear it’s a shit-show on these mountains now, literally. No toilets and frozen /or defrosting turds everywhere. That doesn’t sound like a lot of fun…
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    bocce ball... my wife and I love it. we play that and yes, pickle ball 3-5 times a week.

we have only been doing it couple weeks but we love it and our son is beast at bocce ball.
    I thought your weird hobby was bi-polars
    BG likes this.

Im not sure if any of my hobbies are Weird or strange (not the ones I can talk about ) but Ive had a few. Working on all types, makes, models of cars engine wise. Done a bit of body work and painting cars. Building and Flying model airplanes back in the day U control, radio control. RC cars, boats, helicopters, drones.
    I use to scuba dive, until I got certified and haven't been since. lol
    Riding/playing with ATVs, PWCs, snow skiing
    I guess I should count surgeries as a hobby since I'm up to 20 now.
    Loosing money in the stock market.... 401K is doing OK though and 20 years worth of pension.

I have about 100 different things I keep planning on starting to do/try such as powder coating. Hydro dipping. Got a metal detector and never used it, yet.
    Umm I thought your weird hobbies was Thai girls
    BG, lovbyts and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    Umm I thought your weird hobbies was Thai girls
    No, I'm not prejudice. Thai, Filipino, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese. Asian in General.
    BG, songdog, Euroholic and 1 others like this.

No, I'm not prejudice. Thai, Filipino, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese. Asian in General.
    Man I always use to think white was right but now I am loving these South American browns they have in Florida. They are fit as. We never really had them back in Australia so I never really noticed them before. My grandma would hate me tapping the ultimate taboo hahaha.
    lovbyts and BG like this.

Man I always use to think white was right but now I am loving these South American browns they have in Florida. They are fit as. We never really had them back in Australia so I never really noticed them before. My grandma would hate me tapping the ultimate taboo hahaha.
    I didnt think I really had a preference when I was back in High school and JR High until I looked back at a couple of my old crushes and realized (remembered) they were at least Asian mix. Of course there were a couple who weren't but it was surprising because I had never though about it when I was younger.
    BG likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I use to like to trap also Beaver Coyote Fox Muskrat and coon.But prices went down and my knees are bad so I quit.
    BG, Honkey_Kong, XnavyHMCS and 1 others like this.

I never had any Asians. May be cause they are not fat lol
    BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I use to like to trap also Beaver Coyote Fox Muskrat and coon.But prices went down and my knees are bad so I quit.
    I remember you mentioning that before. That would be a very useful hobby to have especially post apocalyptic or zombie. lol Seriously though its a good skill to have. I wish I had more survival skills or had learned more growing up but I am a quick learner for things like that so I am pretty sure I would manage to survive, for a while.
    songdog likes this.

BG
    Those aren't jewelry. Those are time pieces.
    Well played !
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    I haven't been with a white girl since early teens........but I did get married at 27.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I haven't been with a white girl since early teens........but I did get married at 27.
    My grandma raised me to stick with my own kind but I must say in my older age I am enjoying the taboo.
    songdog and BG like this.

bedolaga is offline New Member
    You know, there's an idea that everyone is a little strange. And I totally agree with that expression. Especially when I look at myself and my friends. For example, I have a friend who hasn't worked at his job for more than six months. He claims that this is the optimum time for him to figure out this direction and go further. My friends and I are already laughing with her as he can sell his resumes as he has ordered sop writing services for each new job, but has not worked at each job for more than 6 months. I don't know if this can be attributed to hobbies, but it seems at least weird to me.
    Last edited by bedolaga; 02-28-2023 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bedolaga View Post
    You know, there's an idea that everyone is a little strange. And I totally agree with that expression. Especially when I look at myself and my friends. For example, I have a friend who hasn't worked at his job for more than six months. He claims that this is the optimum time for him to figure out this direction and go further. My friends and I are already laughing with her as he can sell his resumes as he has ordered sop writing services for each new job, but has not worked at each job for more than 6 months. I don't know if this can be attributed to hobbies, but it seems at least weird to me.
    IMO someone who says they are trying to figure out what direction they want to go because they are not working is just lazy and that probably explains why he has not held down a job for more than 6 months. Ive Never had a job I didnt move up quickly or into a different position if I didnt like the one I had and Ive had Many diverse jobs and the only times off were when there was a Massive cut and got laid off. I still continued to get educated to get the job I wanted and succeed.

I have friends who did basically the same thing. No sitting around thinking about what you want to do. Do something and while you are thinking.
    songdog likes this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I have a small sawmill and make lumber and do lots of woodworking projects. I was always told women love a man who knows how to handle his wood. Judging by my lack of action lately I think they were referring to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    I have a small sawmill and make lumber and do lots of woodworking projects. I was always told women love a man who knows how to handle his wood. Judging by my lack of action lately I think they were referring to something else.
    Wood working can be an art. I have no artistic talent. Doesnt matter how many times or how careful I am if I cut a piece of wood even for a baseboard I might as well just chop it and throw it away. No matter what I will be to short. After that initial piece everything else comes out fine.
    scotty51312 likes this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Wood working can be an art. I have no artistic talent. Doesnt matter how many times or how careful I am if I cut a piece of wood even for a baseboard I might as well just chop it and throw it away. No matter what I will be to short. After that initial piece everything else comes out fine.
    The carpentry aspect you kinda get better at over time. The design however... either you can picture a table in your head and build it or you can't. I used to be the same way... measure 3 times. mark it double check it and cut it then be half an inch off. lol
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    The carpentry aspect you kinda get better at over time. The design however... either you can picture a table in your head and build it or you can't. I used to be the same way... measure 3 times. mark it double check it and cut it then be half an inch off. lol
    I did drywall for almost 3 years and let me tell you it doesn't matter if I measure 10x mark and double, tipple check my 1st cut will be wrong.

It's just a luck thing of lack of. Nothing ever works right the first time. It's just life and I accept it.

They call that "yellow fever."
    lovbyts and Test Monsterone like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    You hear about the “yellow sleep”?

It’s when you’re in a coma but you can still get up to go take a leak.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

They call that "yellow fever."
    I hope there is no cure.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Donndt is offline New Member
    Speaking of weird hobbies for a bodybuilder, I like to 3d and print my creations with Creality. Once I tried it at the university, then I forgot about it for a long time and decided to try it again. So far not been very good
    Last edited by Donndt; 03-12-2023 at 07:02 AM.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Other than weights which I think we all into.

I enjoy working on cars and do all my own work on them. I try and do as many things myself I can.

I love music and movies so have 2 big set ups in the house which I really enjoy using. I have about 2000 cds here and a decent amount of movies.

I enjoy watches too not so much any other jewellery etc.

Nothing too weird
    lovbyts likes this.

Noah526 is offline New Member
    I have a rather strange hobby. I collect bottle caps. I already have over 200 different caps. When I see a drink with a cap that I don't already have, I immediately buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah526 View Post
    I have a rather strange hobby. I collect bottle caps. I already have over 200 different caps. When I see a drink with a cap that I don't already have, I immediately buy it.
    That does remind me of something else. I dont know if its a hobby and I have not done it much for a while but a while back I was into buying wine bottles (full/new) that I though were a little different. I have a little over 100 wine bottles around my house but I dont drink wine. I try to turn them once in a while even though they are probably bad because I dont keep them chilled.

Beenonvaca is offline Junior Member
    I enjoy hunting big ass Midwest bucks!
    Flying my ultralight, and hunting arrowheads.
    Spent most of my life doing these things, but it’s certainly interesting to read others hobbies!

Quote Originally Posted by Beenonvaca View Post
    I enjoy hunting big ass Midwest bucks!
    Flying my ultralight, and hunting arrowheads.
    Spent most of my life doing these things, but it’s certainly interesting to read others hobbies!
    Deer hunting isn't exactly a weird hobby. It's pretty normal.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxx17 View Post
    I really enjoyed doing appliance repair. I had skills and experience in this field, and I often repaired my own appliances and even helped friends with their devices. It was a very interesting and exciting occupation, which brought not only joy and pleasure, but also allowed me to save money and prolong the life of appliances. But unfortunately, nothing lasts forever in this world. Over time, I had less and less free time, and the energy for this hobby was not as much as before. This is due to the high workload at work and the change in my life schedule. But still it is pleasant to remember about it and especially to communicate with a person from this sphere. Now, when I call a craftsman to repair my household appliances, we always talk about topics related to household appliances and I get a pleasant wave of memories.
    Ive always done 99% of my own repairs on most all appliances also but its mostly because Im cheap or broke. lol
    Honkey_Kong and XnavyHMCS like this.

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    I hope there is no cure.
    i have no strong preference toward female ethnicity, although love those asian girls. but be careful dating those born and raised in china. its a cultural thing, in china the girl is the boss in the relationship, and she will expect that it is her place to act unreasonable towards you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information