Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    hybrid... thank you. Although I pray you never have to go through any of what I have experienced. this had been one roller coaster ride I wish upon no one. I love my wife and for that single reason is why I have stayed around and have gone through what I have. I made a promise to her in front of friends, family and the good lord above to love her forever, for better and worse. Unfortunatly there's been far worse than better, but that's all about to change. I gave her my word and my word is what I live by. This has definatly been a learning experience. Thanks guys.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Best of luck BT!!!!!!!!!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Best wishes to you and your family, from your family at AR.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    sorry about your wife bro, but i know many will agree when i see you gave some great advice and helped me personally a lot. thanks.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    BT..Keep strong bro and all will work out for you in the end..You are certainly doing the right thing by sticking by your wife..She will need all of the support and love she can get..Mental illness is a difficult thing especially for the family members that have to live with it and sit by helplessly as their loved one deteriorates..With proper support and treatment her illness can be controlled and you will all be able to live a productive and happy life..You have earned a great deal of respect for me with your decision and I wish you all the absolute best of luck!! You and your family are in our prayers..

Doc M

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    BT-
    I wish you the best of luck and we are all here for you.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    BIG T, damn bro I had no idea that you were going through any of this. I am sorry to hear this, but I am glad to hear that she is getting help. The most important thing anyone can have is mental health and I am sure it is not easy for her right now. Stay strong bro, and hang in there. If you need support during the tough times you always have us, we will be here for you.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    hybrid... thank you. Although I pray you never have to go through any of what I have experienced. this had been one roller coaster ride I wish upon no one. I love my wife and for that single reason is why I have stayed around and have gone through what I have. I made a promise to her in front of friends, family and the good lord above to love her forever, for better and worse. Unfortunatly there's been far worse than better, but that's all about to change. I gave her my word and my word is what I live by. This has definatly been a learning experience. Thanks guys.
    BT...you rock.... we'll miss you man! You know where to find me if you need anything...

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Hope everything workes out well brother I will pray for you and your wife be cool bro

Damn guys...... I knew I had friends here, but so many???? Responses like these really shows just how better AR is than most other boards. I thank you all for your support and hope to be back soon in full swing of things. Guys I can't say thank you enough, I truely am touched at the kind words all of you have said to me. This place will always be my home on the web. I'll be around for a few more days. Monday she goes in, and that's when it's gonna get tricky. Much love to all of you.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Damn - you can't leave... it's against the board's rules!

Hey brah - take care of your wife and get her back on track by providing as much support as you can. Remember - if it is a medical condition... she has little control over her impulses. Stay supportive and helpful - and remember the kids too... I know you have a newborn but if you have any more that are older - find the best way for them to understand.

Much luck to you and your family. BTW - remember the days when the most difficult thing you had to deal with was cutting across the neighbors lawn after achool without a dog chasing after ya? Shit gets bumpy as ya get older don't it? All kinds of issues develop - but the bumpier it gets - the more it makes you one of the wise elders later on

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Good luck bro. This is all just a means to a better life for you and your family, my prayers go out to you and your family. I don't know how I would deal with it. I have 3 kids and wife and that is the most impotant thing to me. Gonna miss your advice, you were the first person to help me out on this board, thanks again. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Big T where in Texas are you....I thought you are in the Houston area is that right. Cause if you are closer to Bid G we can hook up..with my kids. Lemme me know

Warrior- My 2 year old just isn't going to understand where mommy went. My 5 month old won't know the difference. You are right, the older you get the bumpier the road gets. Man what I wouldn't do to go back to the day where my biggest worry was what mom was making for lunch.

Well me and the wife talked a bit last night. We are both a bit scared and excited atthe same time about this. She's scared because she's not sure who she'll be when all is said and done. Like she told me last night, this is the only life she's ever known, and for it to change is the scariest thing she's ever gone through. I don't blame her, but I just told her that it can only get better from here. It was kind of funny though. She asked me why I have put up with her and not just given up and walked away. Hell I don't even know why really. I'm also worried about who'll be coming home to the kids and me, will she feel the same about us? Will she be the same woman that caught my interest 5 years ago. I can't believe on the 22nd of this month we will be married for 5 years. 5 long miserable years... I'm kidding. Guys, I'll be back as soon as I can. I'll post when I can to let ya'll know how it's going and if all's well. Thanks again everyone.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Good luck bro! We're all here for you

Hey BT!!! Bro as you can see we're all going to miss you, but you're making a good choice. I hope to see you back posting soon. I don't know if I ever said it, but thanks a ton for the advice you gave me, about my anger. You really helped me a ton in the facet that I saved over $400 by now and feel better then ever! I really appreciate your incite and all your knowledgable posts here... Best of luck to whatever problems you and your family will see in the future. And best of luck to your wife!

HP

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Big T .... First of all thanks for all the advice you've past my way here at AR. You definitely are one hella class act, and the way you are handling this situation shows that. Take care of the family and yourself, and don't worry we'll keep your spot warm for when you venture back.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Hey man I wish you the best for you and your family and if you ever need anything or just want a free sandwhich or something dont hesitate to give me a call.

Thanks Needtobeswoledup. With the wife in the hospital, and me taking care of the kids I may have to hit ya up on that sandwhich. Guys I honestly do appreciate all the kind words and the support I'm recieving from all of you. You guys are the class acts and the stand up bro's. I can't wait to come back and I will miss you all. At least it should only be for a few weeks worst scenario.

wantbigmusl is offline Junior Member
    Best of luck to you big man, it is great to hear your wife is getting help, in so many situations that isnt the case. Be strong man!

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    My sincerist regards go out to you and your family.
    Hang in there!!

Well guys today I took my wife into the hospital. Now some may think I'm a big strong man, but today I have been reduced to small weak, crying man. When you have to stand there and watch as your wife is wisked away from you for god knows how long, and she's hurting inside and there's not a damn thing you can do except shout after her " Don't worry, it's going to be ok!" You truely realize how strong you are. I now realize true strength cannot e found in the gym or in steroids but in the heart. As a husband and a father it's my job to protect my family, but how do you protect the woman you love from herself? I've always known I loved her more than anything but seeing her in this state especially at thge hospital I realize just how much I love her and how much I need her in my life. Sitting there listening to my wife go into detail on how she hears voices telling her to hurt herself and our children..... well there just isn't words to discribe the feelings. I pray for her to recover quickly and come home to us. Thanks all of you who have shown support. I appreciate it and it makes this a it easier to manage knowing I have you guys to turn to if I need someone to talk to or wahtever. Well guys today ahs pretty much drained me..... I'll post again whenever time allows. Guys realize now that it isn't aout the gym or bb'ing or having that killer ody ut in finding someone to share everyday of your life with. I know I'll read in the morning what I am posting and think "oh what a little bitch!" But that's a different day. Well gotta go all. I'll see ya all around soon.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    Wish you the best and again family first and then AR.

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Good luck bro, keep strong and show your family that you are there for them.
    Give your wife all the support you possibly can - we will support you!

All the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information