Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Hey Bro, obviously this is something near and dear to your heart and I understand how you feal. When i said that they are the biggest POS i know, it was to their faces and they had plenty of chances to take up for themselves.
    I know they are only human but my point was they chose the job and then make the choice to take someone to jail for exactly the same thing they are doing. For example six years ago one of my best friends (who is now a ex cop) was setting in the back of a bar doing gaggers all night long. Two nights later I got a phone call from another friend who needed me to come bail him out of jail for cocaine.
    Come to find out the arresting officer was my other friend who was scraping them out like there was no tomorrow two days before. So my point realy is if you are going to take me to jail for something that you do on your own time, then you should be tested for what ever the last guy you took to jail had.
    Don't credit me with this mongrel prose; it has many parents; at least 420,000 of them: Policemen.

A policeman is a composite of what all men are, a mingling of saint and sinner, dust and diety.

Culled statistics wave the fan over the stinkers, under-score instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are "news." What that really means is that they are exceptional, unusual, not common-place.

Buried under the froth is the fact: Less than one-half of one per cent of the policemen misfit that uniform. That's a better average than you'd find among clergymen.

What is a policeman made of? He, of all men, is at once, the most needed and the most unwanted.

He's a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to ,his face and "fuzz" behind his back.

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals so that each will think he won.

But............
    If the policeman is neat, he's conceited; if he's careless, he's a bum.
    If he's pleasant, he's a flirt; if he's not, he's a grouch. He must make in an instant decisions which would require months for a lawyer .

But............
    If he hurries, he's careless; if he's deliberate, he's lazy.

He must be first to an accident and infallible with a diagnosis.
    He must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints, and dry tears.

The police officer must know every gun, draw on the run and hit where it doesn't hurt.

He must be able to whip two men twice his size and half his age without damaging
    his uniform and without being "brutal."

If you hit him, he's a coward; if he hits you, he's a bully.

The policeman must, from a single hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal - and tell you where the crimial is hiding.

But...
    If he catches the criminal he is lucky; if he doesn't, he's a dunce.

The policeman must chase bum leads to a dead end, stake-out 10 nights to tag one witness who saw it happen but refuses to remember.

The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy and a gentleman.

And of course he will have to be a genius.....For he'll have to feed a family on a policeman's salary

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Don't credit me with this mongrel prose; it has many parents; at least 420,000 of them: Policemen.

A policeman is a composite of what all men are, a mingling of saint and sinner, dust and diety.

Culled statistics wave the fan over the stinkers, under-score instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are "news." What that really means is that they are exceptional, unusual, not common-place.

Buried under the froth is the fact: Less than one-half of one per cent of the policemen misfit that uniform. That's a better average than you'd find among clergymen.

What is a policeman made of? He, of all men, is at once, the most needed and the most unwanted.

He's a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to ,his face and "fuzz" behind his back.

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals so that each will think he won.

But............
    If he's pleasant, he's a flirt; if he's not, he's a grouch. He must make in an instant decisions which would require months for a lawyer .

But............

The police officer must know every gun, draw on the run and hit where it doesn't hurt.

He must be able to whip two men twice his size and half his age without damaging

The policeman must, from a single hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal - and tell you where the crimial is hiding.

But...

The policeman must chase bum leads to a dead end, stake-out 10 nights to tag one witness who saw it happen but refuses to remember.

The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy and a gentleman.

And of course he will have to be a genius.....For he'll have to feed a family on a policeman's salary
    I hear ya, It's like someone once said to me, "People view Police like the watchdog, you need him but you don't like him, and you never want him inside the house". People just don't get it.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge

But............

But............

But...

pretty cool.
    The only other place I ever read that was in a detectives office when I had to go make a statement about a bar shooting i witnessed. I thought it was pretty cool then also. So I change my mind you should be allowed to do steroids unchecked but seeing you live close to me I ask that if you stop me and find A.S. on me you let me go. If I tend to get smart please do not get upset. If I realy piss you off please do not rage. Roid rage is only bad when you put yourself in a normal situation that would usually excite you but you take it to different level and are unable to control yourself. So if I piss you off count to ten and remember I'm only human also.

This is a subject that we will probably never agree on and thats ok. Thats part of the freedom that the police allow us to have. I respect your oppinion and agree with you on 99% of your other post.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    i do not beleive in "roid rage "

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    i do not beleive in "roid rage"
    Exactly. It is like "road rage"....just some silly media term that has no real truth to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information