View Poll Results: Please be honest. You may choose more than one answer. Answers are confidential!

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know someone that is gay.

32 50.79%
  • I am gay.

7 11.11%
  • I know someone that is bisexual.

19 30.16%
  • I am bisexual.

4 6.35%
  • I am an athlete or have been an athlete on an organized sports team.

30 47.62%
  • I DO NOT accept homosexuals

19 30.16%
  • I have thought about it, but too scared to say anything to anyone.

3 4.76%
  • I am always on the look-out to see if a guy is watching me while I am working out.

7 11.11%
  • I am too scared to shower due to the fact that someone may look at me.

1 1.59%
  • I am willing to support anyone that needs to talk about homosexuality.

22 34.92%
  • I dont hate people who have sex with the same gender but I still think what they do is very wrong

19 30.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LSU Jimbeaux is offline New Member

Thumbs up Gay Lifters, Gay Athletes and Gay Members - College Athletes and Homosexuality

I first of all want to say that this is a very hard subject for me to talk about, but I feel as though there are many of you out there that may be in the same shoes as I or actually know someone what is.

I am a college athlete completing my last year of eligibility. Within the last few years I have come to the conclusion and accepted the fact that I am attracted to some guys. I do not consider myself 'gay, bisexual or curious.' I am just myself. Labels are just a form of judgement.

Anyway, getting to my point...Having an attraction to guys and being an athlete is probably one of the most difficult things to deal with in your life. I am a premed student with a 4.0 gpa, but lately the stress of having to hide things from my best friends (my teammates) and my family have really caused my academics to slip a little.

I often wonder just how many guys out there are like me. It really would be nice to be able to just talk to people who understand what I am going through. It would also be great to talk to people who may not be like myself, but understand and want to talk.

It is really sad that there are people out there that are so against homosexuality, that they have killed or want to kill....We can not control these feelings. Believe me, if I had control over this, I would not feel like this at all....

I appreciate any and all comments!
    Last edited by LSU Jimbeaux; 02-03-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Thread Information