Three Tips to Reduce Injection Pain

Hello to all fellow bodybuilders, powerlifters, and aged-ones alike! This is a very short guide to reducing pain during inje ction.

Not all tips go with each other (ie. #1 doesn't have to precede #2 or #3). You can do only one and not the others, some will try all three, while the ice will counteract the hot water.

1. Take a hot shower before injecting! This will relax the muscles greatly and aid in letting the needle slide in smoothly.

2. Put needles in the fridge. This will act somewhat like a local anesthetic, by making the immediate surrounding area numb while the needle slides through the skin and muscle.

3. (My favorite) Apply ice to the injection site for about 1 minute prior to injection. This will numb the area GREATLY and allow you to push through without worrying about the sting which bothers many people. This will not reduce gains as the coldness will go rather quickly, usually gone by the time you're done injecting. I've done this throughout all my cycles and gains have come as usual.

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING YOU DO AND STAY SAFE!

velvetlion is offline Banned
    Some interesting techniques there that I have never heard of before. Where did you come up with those.

Shower tip = Learned here years before I ever started juicing.
    Needle in fridge = Learned from Muscular Development
    Ice on injection site = I just thought of it, seemed common sense and well. . . it worked very well!

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I have never had injection pain??? I wonder why???

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Wow good thing I've never had any injection pain. Would hate to go through all of that, I like it the good 'ol fasioned way. Clean, inject, lift........

Not everyone is bothered by the pain. Remember, pain tolerance is not the same in everyone. That's why some people can pierce their tongues and it hurts some and others not.

I'm not bothered by dull pains (punches, tackles, etc). But little stings bother me greatly, such as beestings and pinches. I just hate stings.

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    take it like a man... lol

greengenie1234 is offline Junior Member
    i used to shoot my friend when he was high he said it hurt really bad but i never experience pain only the day after when it is knotted

bearpaw992000 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Bro I agree with the hot shower, but U contradict UR self when U put ice on the area before U inject. Hot shower will make blood flow to the area and yes make the skin nice and soft, and ice will numb the site but it makes the skin a little harder to inject due to the blood flowing away from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw992000
    Hey Bro I agree with the hot shower, but U contradict UR self when U put ice on the area before U inject. Hot shower will make blood flow to the area and yes make the skin nice and soft, and ice will numb the site but it makes the skin a little harder to inject due to the blood flowing away from the site.
    Thats why I said in the original post (post #1 in this thread) that ice and shower dont go together.

Quote Originally Posted by Boricua Pump
    Hello to all fellow bodybuilders, powerlifters, and aged-ones alike! This is a very short guide to reducing pain during inje ction.

Not all tips go with each other (ie. #1 doesn't have to precede #2 or #3). You can do only one and not the others, some will try all three, while the ice will counteract the hot water.

1. Take a hot shower before injecting! This will relax the muscles greatly and aid in letting the needle slide in smoothly.

2. Put needles in the fridge. This will act somewhat like a local anesthetic, by making the immediate surrounding area numb while the needle slides through the skin and muscle.

3. (My favorite) Apply ice to the injection site for about 1 minute prior to injection. This will numb the area GREATLY and allow you to push through without worrying about the sting which bothers many people. This will not reduce gains as the coldness will go rather quickly, usually gone by the time you're done injecting. I've done this throughout all my cycles and gains have come as usual.

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING YOU DO AND STAY SAFE!
    There ya go. Anyways gl with everything.

MasterShake is offline Member
    For everyone who gets knots, I found that if I inject slow enough, and don't use the muscle I just injected for 2-3 minutes following the shot, I was able to stop the knotting. I have only ever shot the glutes though, so I would just stand there and balance on the opposite leg for 2 minutes, and haha no more knots...

Good point!

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    If anyone need to numb an injection site using a 25g pin well....never mind.....

Pinnacle, like I said, not everyone is the same. After years of kickboxing when I was younger, I can take punches rather well. While pinches and pins hurt me. Not everyone is the same. You like getting punched? I do more than I hate it, as long as its in the ring. Otherwise I'll have to get nasty. But while you like pinned, I dont. Not everyone is the same. Thats something that makes humans so great!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    If anyone need to numb an injection site using a 25g pin well....never mind.....
    enough said...

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the advice bro. It always helps to have advice. If someone asks that question I will give them your advice bro!

Boricua Pump, what's up bro? I am just ribbing you a little bit, so don't take this the wrong way, but... bro, don't admit that pinches hurt you man... I mean even if they do, you just dont admit it...

I dont have anything to be embarassed of. I can take hits well and deliver them even better. Sorry that pinch-type shit bothers me. It's not that it really hurts, I guess I should have worded it better. It's just something I can go WITHOUT. I'm sure most here would agree.

I'm not worried about my masculinity. Sorry.

pelly789 is offline Member
    Shower tip = Learned here years before I ever started juicing.
    Needle in fridge = Learned from Muscular Development
    Ice on injection site = I just thought of it, seemed common sense and well. . . it worked very well!
    if a hot shower relaxes the muscles and allows for an easier injection then how is it common sense to put ice on your arm before injecting thats like the total opposite

You are crackin me up bro, you sound like a crazy mofo!!

Hey pelly, he said one or the other... not both... get it?

The shower is for what you said, but the ice is for temp numbing the site... not to be done together...

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    . I'm sure most here would agree.

I highly doubt that ...I haven't seen any threads that I can recall where ppl where whining about a little pinch pal....there are a helluvalot of guys on this board that LOVE ED shots.Wouldn't have it any other way.So don't try and justify your actions through others.

~Pinnacle~

You get him Pinn... But be careful, he sounds like he don't care...

For the 10000000 time, for Pin and a few who cant read. NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME. Since I am only one person, I'm saying how I feel. If you don't agree, then thats okay too! AGREE TO DISAGREE. If you dont think you need any help in reducing injection sting, then I have an idea... DONT READ THIS THREAD!

It's cool bro, I was just messing with you... No worries

Yea I know.

Bratty4him is offline Female Member
    Not everyone is bothered by the pain. Remember, pain tolerance is not the same in everyone. That's why some people can pierce their tongues and it hurts some and others not.
    Have had my tongue pierced, ears stretched to 0 gauge, back of neck pierced, but most painful of all has got to be the nipples....OUCH!
    After all these....22g needles are the least of my worries...

That officially proves not everyone is the same. I know some that can handle piercings and some that cant.

HUNTER1 is offline Member
    i've never heard of any of these methods, and i'm in the medical profession. all i've heard of is warming the oil before injection. i don't even do that.

Correction
    Last edited by Boricua Pump; 03-07-2006 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Messed up

I'm heading for masters in nursing and father is MD and mother RN in NICU. It works

Thread Information