Thread: slin pins

briansauras is offline Senior Member

slin pins

when i look at ***.com it says the needles are fixed and cant be removed. How do people draw out of vials and then inject afterwards? Wont the pin be dull as helll?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by briansauras
    when i look at ***.com it says the needles are fixed and cant be removed. How do people draw out of vials and then inject afterwards? Wont the pin be dull as helll?
    The stopper on insulin vials is a bit softer than that of aas vials.... I wld never use slin pins to shoot anything but slin...

Georgie is offline Member
    No. Modern stainless steel needles do not get dull after 1 push through a vial. If you ever watch the doctor give you a shot, they do not switch pins before injecting.

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    The stopper on insulin vials is a bit softer than that of aas vials.... I wld never use slin pins to shoot anything but slin...
    its a regular vial. waterbased suspension

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    No. Modern stainless steel needles do not get dull after 1 push through a vial. If you ever watch the doctor give you a shot, they do not switch pins before injecting.
    Yes they do... Inspect the tip closely pre- and post-penetration.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    The dulling isn't a factor as the pin is so 'fine' any dulling won't affect the smoothness of the shot.

Georgie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Yes they do... Inspect the tip closely pre- and post-penetration.
    Not enough to make a significant noticeable difference.

From the center for disease control (AMA and WHO say the same thing):

"Persons administering vaccines should follow necessary precautions to minimize risk for spreading disease. Hands should be washed with soap and water or cleansed with an alcohol-based waterless antiseptic hand rub between each patient contact. Gloves are not required when administering vaccinations, unless persons administering vaccinations are likely to come into contact with potentially infectious body fluids or have open lesions on their hands. Syringes and needles used for injections must be sterile and disposable to minimize the risk of contamination. A separate needle and syringe should be used for each injection. Changing needles between drawing vaccine from a vial and injecting it into a recipient is unnecessary. Different vaccines should never be mixed in the same syringe unless specifically licensed for such use."

The CDC, AMA, and WHO all say it is unnecessary to change needles between drawing and injecting. Modern stainless steel needles will not be dulled to a point where you will be able to notice a significant difference in sharpness by pushing them the rubber stopper once. This is why you never see the nurse or doctor changing from a drawing pin to an injection pin. Proper medical procedure does not call for a drawing pin, because the needle is not dulled to a point where it really matters by pushing it through a rubber stopper once.
    Last edited by Georgie; 04-28-2006 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    The dulling isn't a factor as the pin is so 'fine' any dulling won't affect the smoothness of the shot.
    ok cool

BigDaddy2003 is offline Junior Member
    nothing worse then sticking a dull needle in your butt... but i use the same tip to withdrawl and to inject out of my vials and its only been a slight dull for me nothing a big manly man like me cant handle haha.....

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Slin pins are 29G. Even a dull one would go right in.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Right the slin needle is so thin that pushing it in the stopper once wont effect it to bad.

Thread Information