I am getting ready for another trip to my favorite vacation spot. I have been going there since 1991 while stationed in Oceanside. I actually stayed on the base all of last summer while doing some civilian work. At that time, I had a bad feeling about everything down there. I went down to party a few times and could tell something was not right (after talking to a couple of locals whom I trusted in the past).

Forward to November of last year. I was ready to make a serious trip (from NorCal) but then my health took a serious turn for the worse. A nice little five year cycle will do that to you. Well, it was a blessing in disguise. Not long after my planned November date, everything went sour down there.

Here I am today, healthy (but 60lbs lighter), ready to go on another vacation. However, I hear conflicting messages from different sources. Some say all is well, while others say it is not good. It seems our little scar-faced friend has decided to befriend the policia. Well, after my past experiences with them (policia) I just wanted to see if anyone had any recent experiences down there. If anyone has any Smart And Final info (or other places we all know) I would appreciate it. I would be remiss if I didn't gauge the climate before I went.