laconfidant is offline New Member

Suggestions for light gains???

New to site

Looking for suggestions for a light gain

stats 27, 6'2 175...13.7bf

look really thin..especally chest area...

Always worked out, quite athletic, great diet....lots of greens, protiens, take dhea, fish oils, multiV's etc.

Now, never done taken anything before....im not a body buidler nor do a I aspire to compete or etc. The look im going for is 6'2 190/195 6 ot 7bf and look nice and cut with great arms and chest. Im gonna be taking Humatrope 6 month cycle soon, but was recommended a 3 month cycle of winny orals to start now to help give me a decent boost.

What do you guys think? I know it is recommened to take a base or test with the winny, but knowing really that I just want some modest gains, and just wanting a "boost" what do you recommend. BTW,I already uped my diet from 2625 calories to 3625. Any input from the experienced guys would be greatly appreciated. Iam really really sick of looking "thin" or not feeling good about wearing a Tshirt with my small arms, while not really looking to blow up or get huge at all (dont have the desire/discipline/time for that). I guess my question is if there is anything for people who fall into my group and do not really want to "stack"?? Also I am a bit concerned with liver toxicity from the Winny. Is there a safe/mild alternative or is this it?

Thanks Again.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Post your diet in the diet forum, you'd be suprised to see what you can get from your diet if the members here help you tweak it a bit. Other than that maybe a Test prop 100mg eod for 8 weeks.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You're wanting to gain over 30lbs LBM and lose half your bodyfat, I'd call that a bit more than "light gains". lol

I was in the same boat as you bro, as you see in the Picture in my signature my legs look like shriveled up little raisens, so I decided to make a change.

Many ppl lift weights that do not compete in bodybuilding etc etc..
    Do you lift weights? If not I'd start doing that.
    How long have you been eating appox 3500 calories? This must be done for the rest of your life if you plan on maintaining any amount of muscle you acquire, are you ready for that kind of commitment?
    Also I would suggest you thinking about any cycle in the near future.. You need to build a base/foundation and work from there. It's not easy and will take a lot of time/commitment/energy. Just throwing it out there so you don't get the idea taking different compounds is going to get you where you need to be, because it won't. Hope you're ready for the journey, it'll be FUN.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 06-15-2006 at 12:07 AM.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    (QUOTE)What do you guys think? I know it is recommened to take a base or test with the winny, but knowing really that I just want some modest gains, and just wanting a "boost" what do you recommend. BTW,I already uped my diet from 2625 calories to 3625. Any input from the experienced guys would be greatly appreciated. Iam really really sick of looking "thin" or not feeling good about wearing a Tshirt with my small arms, while not really looking to blow up or get huge at all (dont have the desire/discipline/time for that). I guess my question is if there is anything for people who fall into my group and do not really want to "stack"?? Also I am a bit concerned with liver toxicity from the Winny. Is there a safe/mild alternative or is this it? (QUOTE)

Well, without that, I would say you are gonna stay thin. AAS is NOT a magic pill that will just simply add muscle to your body!! Science is NOT there yet!!
    AAS only allows you to do MORE work to get MORE results . That work comes from Lifting HEAVY weights ( you dont' have to become huge) and also the discipline in your diet and commitment to training. That is the ONLY way you will put on 20lbs of muscle mass!!

Winny alone is a badddd idea.
    If you get your diet in check, and the desire to workout properly, then go with the basic simple single ester testosterone and you will be able to make great gains. only limited by YOUR efforts.

But seriously, if discipline and desire are NOT there, then you really dont' want to do AAS at all because using AAS in and of itself takes a HIGH amount of both!!!

Below is a workout outline that may help you with getting the gains you desire. It explains how muscles will grow basically and you can see that depending on the TYPE and amount of lifting you do will determine just how HUGE you can get.

HOPE THIS HELPS:

BASICS OF BODYBUILDING
    AS INSTRUCTED TO ME PERSONALLY BY A FORMER PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER,
    PRESENTED HERE FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION BY:

SMAN12B

Muscle Physiology:

Anaerobic Exercise vs Aerobic Exercise

Fuel source burned during weight training = SUGAR (From all Carb Foods)
    Fuel source burned during cardio training = FAT (Dietary or stored body fat)

Muscles use as fuel: 1st = Blood Sugar
    2nd= Stored Sugars (Glycogen)
    3rd= Protein & fat (Catabolic State)

Muscle Fibers used in:

Weight Training= Mostly Fast Twitch Muscle Fibers

Aerobic Training= Mostly Slow Twitch Muscle Fibers

2 Kinds of Fast Twitch Muscle Fibers:
    2A- These fibers can expect growth of only 25% greater.
    2B- These fibers can expect growth of 100%

GOAL OF BODYBUILDERS IS TO TRAIN TO HIT THE “2B” MUSCLE FIBER
    All weight training uses the “2A” fibers FIRST, but they have limited growth potential!
    “2B’s” are more stubborn and only come into play in response to TENSION. When tension on the muscle is greatest, THEN and only then do the “2B’s kick in!!!

WORKING 2A FIBERS OVER AND OVER NEVER RECRUIT THE 2B’S
    If you hit the 2B’s, you will ALWAYS use the 2A’s first!!
    MORE WEIGHT=MORE MUSCLE RECRUITMENT

SO, what determines Total Muscle Recruitment??
    HEAVY WEIGHT IN THE 6-12 REP RANGE WITH PROPER FORM

REP RANGES: Less than 6 reps = Increase in strentgth but not muscle size.
    From 6-12 reps = Increase in strength AND size.
    More than 12 reps = Improves muscle endurance NOT size.

Too many reps produces too much LACTIC ACID which breaks down GLYCOGEN (muscle fuel) and the ACID build-up prevents total muscle contraction!

# OF SETS TO DO FOR BODY PARTS(Just a guideline)

CHEST= 9- 11
    BACK= 9-14
    QUADS= 9-12
    HAMS= 4-6
    CALVES= 4-6
    BI’S = 6-8
    TRI’S = 6-8

In REAL life, More sets are better, HOWEVER do NOT let the INTENSITY fall!!
    Meaning, all sets have to be HEAVY in the 6-12 rep range and taken to failure
    Failure = last two reps should be extremely hard or require some assist to complete.

NO LIGHT SETS!! Except your warm up sets.

Wow thx bros...great info..

to clarify..I definitley have the will..what I meant is lack of discipline to make it 2hr a day gym visits...My workout regiment is 45 minutes 4 days a week. I definitley am learning techniques to work out proper form..and using heavy weights as recommended by your post. So winny alone will not do anything or will be bad? Even if I just want a boost in strength etc.? How about a steropid alternative? Any recommendations of something that will give me a decent boost. If not, what is the best oral to take (test) to give me a base. Sorry for all the q's. I just really determined after draming of being a bit bigger and cut to finally get there!

Quote Originally Posted by laconfidant
    Wow thx bros...great info..

to clarify..I definitley have the will..what I meant is lack of discipline to make it 2hr a day gym visits...My workout regiment is 45 minutes 4 days a week. I definitley am learning techniques to work out proper form..and using heavy weights as recommended by your post. So winny alone will not do anything or will be bad? Even if I just want a boost in strength etc.? How about a steropid alternative? Any recommendations of something that will give me a decent boost. If not, what is the best oral to take (test) to give me a base. Sorry for all the q's. I just really determined after draming of being a bit bigger and cut to finally get there!

Anythign over an hour of heavy lifting in the gym is just gonna burnout your protein stores and eat muscles!!
    I am in the gym 4 days a week for no more than one hour at a time and get TERRIFIC gains even without AAS.

Winny alone will screw up your HPTA, give you a limp dick....NOT GOOD

The BEST advice I can give you for what you want to do would be a low dose of TEST E or Test C at 250-500mgs/week for 12 weeks

Your FOOD INTAKE has to be appropriate for what you expect to gain. AAS will NOT do the work for you.

TEST is the BEST base to go with. It will increase strength, increase sex drive, increase energy. You MUST have PCT compounds with this and any AAS cycle. So please research that . There is a great thread on the PCT forum. You may want an AI to run throughout the Test cycle like Arimidex or letro to keep bloat away. Nolva, HCG , clomid are all good to have for PCT

But YOU need ot do your homework on those and know them before even starting a cycle.

Please do yourself a favor adn do NOT do winny by itself

thx s-man...will definitley follow your advice...

is there an oral I can take for the test or anything equivalent in oral form?

thx...will also post results in 2 months.

As of today 6'2 178 13.7bf

Goal 6'2 190 7/8bf (effective start date 6/15/06 end date 8/15/06)
    Diet: 3000 to 3500 calrories...carbs etc...consisting of red meat, grilled chicken, tuna, pasta, dark rice/white rice, wheat bread, lots of salads, greens, parsley, veggies)

workout regiment 4x 45 minutes a week..

wanna split body parts to the following:
    chest/upper back
    Tris/lower back
    bis/forwarms
    Legs

and abs in there mixed up...what do you think or how should I tweak it?

Can't really suggest a comporable Test in an oral form. Andriol would be the only oral I would suggest, but it is VERY expensive. and needs to be taken every other hour between 12-20 caps per day to make any real gains.

Is there a problem with injecting? It is rather easy once you get used to it. It's kind of fun after a while....just a little pin prick

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I don't think you're ready for steroids at all considering your knowledge and experience in the gym.. so I'd not worry about injecting or swallowing anything for a good while.

Work on your diet and training techniques and find what works best for you and learn how your body reacts to certain changes first. Goodluck.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Thread Information