Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    frank12391 is offline Member
    Oh, and if you are getting pain on your back, especially on the left side, you definatly should get your blood pressure checked or just buy an electronic do it your self. They are cheap and even though their not as acurate as the doc uses, you will still know if your B.P is wack. Worth it.

My 2c worth

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious_mem
    hows your blood pressure been the last couple months?how bout excessive hours or increased stress at work.anything that was going on back in june happening now?

I haev much less stress right now actually but I always have to deal with some amount of it, thast my life. My BP is goin up but as of last wekk it is 135/60 I think, 118/60 is normal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by frank12391
    Skull, are you taking l/dex and Nova on your cycle?, if so try droping the Nolva, save it for P.C.T and up the L/dex a little and see how you feel after a week.

I thought it could be estrogen as well, thast why I want to get bloodwork done.

I am on .5mg adex right now but I may up it or lower it to see how it effects me. I have letro as well

The next doc I visit I am going to just say "I want to know that you promise confidentiality before I explain my situation to you".

Stupid idea ?

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    The next doc I visit I am going to just say "I want to know that you promise confidentiality before I explain my situation to you".

Stupid idea ?
    no..its a form of a contract actually.

no..its a form of a contract actually.

Is it legitamate though being a verbal "contract" ?

it would only be legit if he agrees and you agree on what was said.so its sure not airtight.

skull i did a little research and heres what i found.Its kinda long but you scan kim through it and get some good info.

The concept of "doctor-patient confidentiality" derives from English COMMON LAW and is codified in many states' statutes. It is based on ethics, not law, and goes at least as far back as the Roman Hippocratic Oath taken by physicians. It is different from "doctor-patient privilege," which is a legal concept. Both, however, are called upon in legal matters to establish the extent by which ethical duties of confidentiality apply to legal privilege. Legal privilege involves the right to withhold EVIDENCE from DISCOVERY and/or the right to refrain from disclosing or divulging information gained within the context of a "special relationship." Special relationships include those between doctors and patients, attorneys and clients, priests and confessors or confiders, guardians and their wards, etc.

The Oath of Hippocrates, traditionally sworn to by newly licensed physicians, includes the promise that "Whatever, in connection with my professional service, or not in connection with it, I see or hear, in the life of men, which ought not to be spoken of abroad, I will not divulge, as reckoning that all such should be kept secret." The laws of Hippocrates further provide, "Those things which are sacred, are to be imparted only to sacred persons; and it is not lawful to impart them to the profane until they have been initiated into the mysteries of the science."

Doctor-patient confidentiality stems from the special relationship created when a prospective patient seeks the advice, care, and/or treatment of a physician. It is based upon the general principle that individuals seeking medical help or advice should not be hindered or inhibited by fear that their medical concerns or conditions will be disclosed to others. Patients entrust personal knowledge of themselves to their physicians, which creates an uneven relationship in that the vulnerability is one-sided. There is generally an expectation that physicians will hold that special knowledge in confidence and use it exclusively for the benefit of the patient.

The professional duty of confidentiality covers not only what patients may reveal to doctors, but also what doctors may independently conclude or form an opinion about, based on their EXAMINATION or ASSESSMENT of patients. Confidentiality covers all medical records (including x-rays, lab-reports, etc.) as well as communications between patient and doctor, and it generally includes communications between the patient and other professional staff working with the doctor.

The duty of confidentiality continues even after patients stop seeing or being treated by their doctors. Once doctors are under a duty of confidentiality, they cannot divulge any medical information about their patients to third persons without patient consent. There are, however, exceptions to this rule.

Key Points
    There is no duty of confidentiality owed unless a bona-fide doctor-patient relationship exists or existed
    The scope of the duty of doctor-patient confidentiality, as well as the existence of a doctor-patient legal privilege, varies from state to state. No federal law governs doctor-patient confidentiality or privilege
    Generally, what is confidential is information that is learned or gained by a doctor, during or as a result of the doctor's communications with examination of you, or medical assessment of the patient
    The duty of confidentiality continues even after the patient stops seeing or being treated by the doctor
    The duty of confidentiality is not absolute. Doctors may divulge or disclose personal information, against the patient's will, under very limited circumstances
    The Doctor-Patient Relationship
    There must be a bona fide "doctor-patient relationship" between individuals and a physician before any duty of confidentiality is created. Generally speaking, individuals must voluntarily seek advice or treatment from the doctor, and have an expectation that the communication will be held in confidence. This expectation of confidentiality does not need to be expressed. It is implied from the circumstances.

If individuals meet a doctor at a party, and in the course of "small-talk"conversation, they ask the doctor for an opinion regarding a medical question that relates to them, the doctor's advice would most likely not be considered confidential, nor would the doctor be considered "the individuals doctor." Likewise, if individuals send an e-mail to an "Ask the Doctor" website on the Internet, the communication would not be considered confidential, nor would the person who responded to the e-mail be considered he sender's doctor. No doctor-patient relationship was established, and no duty is owed.

If individuals are examined by a physician at the request of a third party (such as an insurance company or their employer), no matter how thorough or extensive the examination, or how friendly the doctor, there is generally no physician-patient relationship and no duty of confidentiality is owed to the patients. This is because they did not seek the physician's advice or treatment, and the relationship is at "arm's-length."

In many states, the privilege is limited to professional relationships between licensed doctors of medicine and their patients. Other states extend the privilege to chiropractors, psychologists, therapists, etc.

Doctor-Patient Privilege
    Once a bona-fide doctor-patient relationship is established, the duty of confidentiality"attaches," and in many states, the doctor can invoke a legal privilege, on the patient's behalf, when asked to disclose or divulge information the doctor may have or know about the patient.

Federal Rule of Evidence (FRE) 501 provides that any permissible privilege "shall be governed by the principles of common law" as interpreted by federal courts. However, in civil actions governed by state law, the privilege of a witness is also determined by the laws of that state. Most states recognize some form of doctor-patient privilege by express law (STATUTE), but over time, there have been many exceptions that have chipped away the use or scope of the privilege.

In recent years, many courts have held that doctors also owe duties to protect non-patients who may be harmed by patients. For example, without a patient's permission or knowledge, doctors may warn others or the police if the patient is mentally unstable, potentially violent, or has threatened a specific person. In some states, the duty to report or warn others "trumps" the right to confidentiality or privileged communication with a doctor. Courts will decide these matters by balancing the sanctity of the confidentiality against the foreseeability of harm to a third party.

Constitutional Right to Privacy
    The fundamental right to privacy, guaranteed by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U. S. Constitution, protects against unwarranted invasions of privacy by federal or state entities, or arms thereof. As early as in Roe v. Wade, 410 U. S. 113 (1973), the U. S. Supreme Court acknowledged that the doctor-patient relationship is one which evokes constitutional rights of privacy. But even that right is not absolute and must be weighed against the state or federal interest at stake.

For example, in Whalen v. Roe, 429 U.S. 589 (1977), a group of physicians joined patients in a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a New York statute that required physicians to report to state authorities the identities of patients receiving Schedule II drugs (controlled substances). The physicians alleged that such information was protected by the doctor-patient confidentiality, while the patients alleged that such disclosure was an invasion of their constitutional right to privacy. The Supreme Court did not disagree with the lower court's finding that "the intimate nature of a patient's concern about his bodily ills and the medication he takes . . . are protected by the constitutional right to privacy." However, the high court concluded (after balancing the state's interests) that "Requiring such disclosures to representatives of the State having responsibility for the health of the community, does not automatically amount to an impermissible invasion of privacy."

In the Whalen case (decided in 1977), the U. S. Supreme Court had (prophetically) added a note about massive computerized databanks of personal information. Said the Court:

"A final word about issues we have not decided. We are not unaware of the threat to privacy implicit in the accumulation of vast amounts of personal information in computerized data banks or other massive government files . . . The right to collect and use such data for public purposes is typically accompanied by a concomitant STATUTORY or regulatory duty to avoid unwarranted disclosures. . . . We . . . need not, and do not, decide any question which might be presented by the unwarranted disclosure of accumulated private data—whether intentional or unintentional—or by a system that did not contain comparable security provisions. We simply hold that this record [Whalen] does not establish an invasion of any right or liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment."

Waiver of Confidentiality or Privilege
    A privilege belongs to the patient, not the doctor. Generally, only a patient may waive the privilege. A patient's written consent is needed before a doctor can release any information about the patient. But there are other ways in which a patient may "waive" the privilege of confidentiality. For example, if a patient brings a friend into the examination or consultation with the doctor, the friend may be forced to TESTIFY as to what transpired and what was said. (On the other hand, nurses or medical assistants in the room are "extensions" of the doctor for purposes of confidentiality and are covered by the privilege.) The patient may also waive the privilege by testifying about his or her communications with the doctor or about his or her physical condition at the time.

Another common way in which a patient waives the confidentiality of the privilege is by filing a lawsuit or claim for PERSONAL INJURY. By doing so, the patient has put his or her physical condition "at issue" in the lawsuit. Therefore, the law presumes that the patient has waived all confidentiality regarding his or her medical condition, and there is an implied authorization to the patient's doctor for disclosure of all relevant information. If a patient fails to object to a doctor's TESTIMONY, the patient has waived the privilege as well.

Select Applications
    Medical Records
    In the past, physicians could physically secure and shield personal medical

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Def get blood drawn, sounds very much like high RBC to me. Estrogen related tiredness is normally due to very low or no estrogen present (because you are using a strong AI). If you are using a strong AI on cycle you might consider swapping for nolva/proviron or dropping dose of AI to see if it helps. Don't ignore high RBC it can be lethal if left untreated.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Injectable B-12...

I might try the B12

good post notorious mem

If it isnt my RBC then I would think estrogen related but I am on arimidex so either I am not using enough or too much........

I might try the B12

good post notorious mem

If it isnt my RBC then I would think estrogen related but I am on arimidex so either I am not using enough or too much........
    Whats that?

I'de get my estrogen BW done and go from there. It may not be the cause.

me i believe

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    You know what???...your red blood count may be up also...that will thicken your blood and make you tired.....up your fluids and are you takng any aspirin???
    aspirin doenst thin the blood in the way u are prolly saying.. it just inhibits platelet aggregation to prevent complications of "thickened" blood but it shouldnt help his well being at all if its dependent on high RBC. but definetly skull u should see what ur RBC is like and then let the doc just take some blood off if too high.. also i think its not likely ur BP is the culprit here.. I always feel like that what u describe on that amount of test, next cycle (if im gonna do one) will be test only at HRT dose. btw: Not climing that test does this to everyone or that it is to blame here..
    Last edited by stupidhippo; 12-19-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Getbig06 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    this is debated alot..... i stand with.. no you can't tell him.. there is no doc patient confidentiality..

example.. if you told your doc you were taking Heroin he would get you the help you needed.. even if that meant he had you committed.. or called the cops to get the same thing done..

others say.. it's safe..

I understand what your saying... But what would be the point of even going to the doc if your not going to tell him? Telling him your on juice may give him a starting point to diagnose you. But I know whatcha mean.
    Last edited by Getbig06; 12-19-2006 at 03:52 PM.

me i believe
    LOL.

Sorry I didnt see you there...

lolol

frank12391 is offline Member
    Is it legitamate though being a verbal "contract" ?
    What if he takes a witness with him? Can u do that in the U.S? or do you have to see the doc on your own?

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    What about progesterone? Aren't you on NPP as well? Could that cuase lethargy?

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    I think hes taking letro which should help progest...not sure if he is tho

Yes, I have letro but not taking it yet. only on .5mg arimidex . Without BW, I am throwin stones in the dark really.

I think it may be progesterone as well so I may have to cap my letro.

My main concern is BW right now.

Felt REAL shitty last night and got what must be the "prop flu" if not directly related to whatever is causing my lethargy, but I feel a LIL better today, probly will be gone by tomorrow or the next day if I had to guess.

kuad is offline Member
    well?........................................

I am shooting more frequently and less in each shot which seemed to help with the tiredness a lot, but I am still having a few very painful shots here and there that interfere with my leg sessions.

I upped the arimidex to .75=1.mg also.

happy is offline Junior Member
    when i was on 500 sustanon a week i was as tired as hell all the time and it hit me at week six and when i took a week of i slept all the time then my appatide started to go so i quit the cycle and five weeks after i was fine.

zipster_dude is offline Associate Member
    Skull,

Have you visited the doctor yet? My doc and I are honest with each other and I feel comfortable with telling him anything. I asked if there was any way someone could find out about my AAS use and he told me that he was required to notate information regarding a prescribed drug. ie if he gave you a script for nolva he would indicate in you record why he was prescribing this drug.

The insurance has the right to contest the prescription if it is weird, and they can get your med records to 'review' the reason for the script. If you were hospitalized, they and many other med professionals would also have the information so that they could treat you.

Why don't you look into an anti-aging clinic and get an appt. to see a doc. Even if you are not seeking treatment, that doc is experienced with AAS and will be able to advise you as to how and where to go from there. They will not get the records or notate them.

Just a thought,

Quote Originally Posted by zipster_dude
    Why don't you look into an anti-aging clinic and get an appt. to see a doc. Even if you are not seeking treatment, that doc is experienced with AAS and will be able to advise you as to how and where to go from there. They will not get the records or notate them.

Just a thought,

Yea good idea. I am not sure how far away on eis from me though.

It sucks, I have contacted several offices and not one doc will test my hormone levels.

I need to just spend the extra money and get the tests done online or wahtever but, Im slackin and I have little money right now.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    go have bloodwork done then you will know for sure whats going on. Most likely high RBC or extremely low estrogen levels. Either way bloodwork......

muaythaiguy76 is offline Associate Member
    skull not that its much help but ive had this same problem it feels like no matter how much sleep i get i still feel tired and sluggish at any point during the day like you said i could sleep it gets worse when i come off for 2 weeks then goes away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information