MasterShake is offline Member

No need to aspirate???

Has anyone else other than me noticed when they hit a vein that the blood just starts pumping up into the base of the needle even before they aspirate ? This has happened to me every time I was in a vein, so I knew I had to relocate without aspirating. So it seems that every time I am in a vein, I already know I am in a vein... before I aspirate.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Regardless I say it is worth the extra 1.5 second's it takes to aspirate just to make sure

I have only hit a vein 3 or 4 times but I never saw the blood until I pulled back on the plunger

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I would never take the risk on something that takes less than 2 seconds. But ya you can usually tell when you are in ot through a blood vessel.
    It really pays to know your body well though. Veins/arteries do not run through a muscle but they are above and below it. So if you are just straight in the middle of the muscle you will never go wrong. I do this everytime and know my body well and have never ONCE aspirated blood, not one single time.

MasterShake is offline Member
    thanks guys, it is true that it is worth it to do it no matter what, it just seemed funny to me that the only times I ever had blood in the syringe, it was pumping up in there before I even aspirated... I don't even have high blood pressure either... LOL

Also, it is true about knowing your own body... people who do what we do definitely get to know their body on a whole different level.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 07-23-2006 at 10:16 PM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    thanks guys, it is true that it is worth it to do it no matter what, it just seemed funny to me that the only times I ever had blood in the syringe, it was pumping up in there before I even aspirated... I don't even have high blood pressure either... LOL

Also, it is true about knowing your own body... people who do what we do definitely get to know their body on a whole different level.
    Fo shizzle dizzle.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I would never take the risk on something that takes less than 2 seconds. But ya you can usually tell when you are in ot through a blood vessel.
    It really pays to know your body well though. Veins/arteries do not run through a muscle but they are above and below it. So if you are just straight in the middle of the muscle you will never go wrong. I do this everytime and know my body well and have never ONCE aspirated blood, not one single time.
    what my mate said

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I have never drawn blood back either but I have definitly hit a few based on three major coughing fits, and through huge bleeders that literally shot out when I pulled the pin out. Now those are freaky

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Exactly!
    So if it works for you Shake, save and enjoy that 2 seconds elsewhere, however aspirating is a good safeguard for both new and accomplished users.

M.

Dr Todd is offline New Member
    If you hit an artery the pump will fill up with blood under the pressure (about 140mmHg) but if you hit a vein you will not know as the pressre is only about 80mmHg. This pressure will not be enough to fill the pump. Best check it bro.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never hit a vein and had blood run into the syringe. I always have to aspirate to find out. I have only found blood about 5 times ever, but never without aspirating.

Interesting

Dr Todd is offline New Member
    As I said before....

Thread Information