Wizeguy is offline Associate Member

Just finished my shot, I dont think I got in the muscle?

I just finish my TestC and Deca shot for the start of week 4. I used an 1 1/2" syringe. I reached around to insert it in my left glute with right hand. A wierd angle for me. I inserted the syringe at like a 45 degree angle. After completeing the shot, I realized that I really didnt feel the pin hit the muscle like usual. bEcause of the angle I inserted the syringe I'm wondering if I only got the shot into the Fat. If I didn't get it in the muscle, is that a problem?
    I hope its not a wasted shot!

need2bhuge is offline Junior Member
    You should be able to tell if you did not get it into the muscle because there will be a lump! If the shot did not enter the muscle you will not absorb nearly as much.

Quote Originally Posted by need2bhuge
    You should be able to tell if you did not get it into the muscle because there will be a lump! If the shot did not enter the muscle you will not absorb nearly as much.
    Thanks for the quick response. I can feel a little lump. But its not like near the surface. Would the lump be like a bubble?

Honestly I have never not hit the muscle so I cannot be 100% sure. However your skin/fat should only be about 3/4" deep depending on where you injected. Did you inject on the lateral side of you glute (towards your hip joint) or the medial side(toward your crack)? The lump would most likey be close to the surface...I have had small lumps in the muscle before when I injected into my biceps. I would try to put some pressure on it and try to massage it out.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I feel nothing when I inject and its in the muscle every time.

I injected near the hip joint. I do feel a slight lump thats has dissipated over the last 10 minutes. I out the syringe in at such an angle that I'm just not sure if I hit the muscle, its a close call. Kinda sucks not knowing and that I might not get good absorbtion.

Did you draw back on the plunger?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Nemisis
    Did you draw back on the plunger?
    Yes i did, I got a tiny air bubble. No blood.

Quote Originally Posted by need2bhuge

What? I get knots all the time and I use a 1.5" all the way in. If the shot was just in the fat there is a greater chance of an infection, my advice is to massage the shit out of it to disperse it.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    What? I get knots all the time and I use a 1.5" all the way in. If the shot was just in the fat there is a greater chance of an infection, my advice is to massage the shit out of it to disperse it.
    Yeah I got that slight knot your talking about. But truly it feels no different than what I have had before( when I know I inserted in the muscle). Hopefully I just grabbed the muscle and alls ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I get knots occassionally too using a 1.5", but what I meant was that it would/should be more obvious if you injected into the fat rather than the muscle. yes, there is more of risk of infection, but there isn't much he can do unless he went to the docs. If you injected towards your hip joint therfe is less fat(in most people) and you should be alright. If it starts to get real swollen/painful/red then I would go see the doc!

When Would I know if I have a problem? How long before any signs?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy
    When Would I know if I have a problem? How long before any signs?

If it becomes an infection it will turn extremely red and feel hot to the touch like a sunburn. It will grow and become worse by the day, until it feels like a baseball under your ass.

It can vary, but if you have done injections before you should know how your body takes them. For me I usually can feel a little tneder for a few days and then it goes away, but I never get red or anything. If it starts to turn color that usually means your body is fighting something. Just remember if it starts to act different that other shots look into it...do you know what I mean?

Damn stayinstacked...you type to fast...I'm so slow

Its been about 2 hours now. everything seems fine. That Initial soreness has subsided. I feel no bubble or lump in the fat. I feel the soreness in the muscle now like I usually do. It got me a bit physched out, but I think all is ok. I think I'll feel better morning. ( as long as I dont wake up all sore and have something unusual there.) Thanks guys for the insight. next time I'll make sure I inject closer to a 90* angle!!

vermin is offline Member
    Couldn't you feel where the dose went? I am not sure what you mean by "didnt feel the pin hit the muscle like usual", but I usually have no real sensation of the pin, but when the dose enters I can feel it push into the muscle. If you felt that, then I think you are all right.

Thread Information